Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I’ve never understood why people get screen protectors for their Teslas. This will be my third Tesla, I have three kids, car pools, a dog, etc and have never had any issues. I get it for a phone you may drop, but why on a car?
Living in AZ, the glare is terrible, especially on phone screens. I am getting one to deter the glare and hopefully help with fingerprints

Reactions: elguapo
Honestly, I’ve never understood why people get screen protectors for their Teslas. This will be my third Tesla, I have three kids, car pools, a dog, etc and have never had any issues. I get it for a phone you may drop, but why on a car?
Find someone the AO matte screen protector, note the lack of glare and glide your finger across the surface... I suspect you'll understand why some buy them.

Reactions: hallwc87
Picked up my MY yesterday:)

No defects that I could see.

All the floormats are in. Added the MYP foot pedals, and the spoiler too ( not in this pic) and the mud flaps from tesla.

Scheduled next week for ppf.

20210528_151333.jpg

Ordered 5-22-21:
Model Y AWD
Red
20" Wheels
Black Interior
Five Seat
Autopilot
1-Year Connectivity

Estimated delivery time is 4-12 weeks. I'll post weekly updates to my expected delivery time.

I have a Model 3 so there is no rush for receiving the Model Y, therefore no drama revolving around that. I was an original 3-29-16 line waiter and waited 726 days, 5 hours and 30 minutes for my first Tesla, so I have been around the block. Saw that used Model 3 pricing is very strong, so selling my M3 will end up having cost me ~$320 per month of ownership, not counting insurance and gas ;). I promise not to cry when the new Federal $7,000 tax credit is signed into law later this evening. This is my pandemic survival gift to myself.

Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.​

And this is just the beginning. With Tesla building its most affordable car yet, Tesla continues to make products accessible and affordable to more and more people, ultimately accelerating the advent of clean transport and clean energy production. Electric cars, batteries, and renewable energy generation and storage already exist independently, but when combined, they become even more powerful – that’s the future we want.

RT

So it's now been 7 days since I ordered. I checked my account and the estimated delivery time of 4-12 weeks has now changed to 6-19 to 6-30. I saw in the prior 6,467 posts that it isn't unusual for this to fluctuate back and forth, so time will tell how this ends up. Meanwhile, enjoying the waiting and the eventual delivery.

RT

Yes, it is removable. It is secured with two sided tape, but I am hesitant to peel it off now - I don't want any paint to come with it! I would call the SC as soon as you have a VIN to request that they do not put on the front plate - I bet they would leave it off if requested. I just did not know to ask as I assumed I would get one temp plate.
👍 thanks for info!

Tesla Vision seems to work pretty good. I used it on several narrow roads with sharp turns and it works great. Only issues are that it's very cautious when someone in front of you makes a right turn.. It almost brings you to a full stop. Also, autopilot sometimes will make curves at speed limit even though the curve is kind of sharp and it would be a better idea to slow down for it. It's ok with me but when I have wife and kids in the car, it would be better if the car would reduce speed based on the sharpness of the curve. Other than that, it has worked flawless so far. I'm sure it will get better with OTA updates.
Appreciate you keeping us updated even though you have taken delivery! The updates help those of us still waiting for sure. This is great news.
I have a 2020 Model 3 and I will say that sounds exactly like my experience over my last 13 or so months of ownership. Autopilot (mine has the radar obviously) behaves in exactly that same way in those types of situations - takes some curves surprisingly (almost uncomfortably) fast sometimes and when I’m by myself I kind of like it . :). Plus, when someone in front of me is turning right, my car will almost stop...I keep a foot on the accelerator pedal when I see someone about to turn so it doesn’t try to stop so abruptly.
Either way - sorry for the ramble, but my point is this sounds exactly the same and you have no radar which means it seems to be exactly on par already with vision only, and hopefully will get exponentially better overtime with updates. Thanks again for the updates!

Took delivery yesterday! Big red Y is in my garage! Looks great, works great! Went on a 100 mile round trip errand... handled superbly on I-355 in Chicago burbs. As a side note, my wife commented that the regenerative braking makes her carsick. Guess I have a learning curve! So stoked!

Yes, there is going to be a learning curve, but I think its your wife who will be doing the learning... :p

RT

My EDD updated overnight. Glad the 3-13 week thing is gone. Now a hopeful 5/31 - 6/13. Maybe I get the big blue button this weekend.

Happy Memorial weekend everyone!
My 3-13 weeks went away too, but now there's just nothing. I had to update my odometer yesterday for my trade in, and that is "under review". Hoping that happens quickly. ...maybe we all get cars this weekend 😁

View attachment 667573
I received my “MY on the way to the SC, click here to schedule a pickup time” text yesterday. I scheduled pickup for tomorrow afternoon and provided my bank details via plaid. Still haven’t received any emails about loan paperwork or finalizing payment. My tracker is also still stuck at Prepare For Delivery. Is this normal, or should I start to get worried?
I paid my down payment and it still is stuck there so I’m pretty sure it’s fine.

Oh, I thought it was a joke since you just ordered a this month, my bad...
Well, first of all I'd say this isn't a competition. I was in no way trying to compare my frustration with yours. Having ordered in March, you should absolutely receive your VIN and delivery before me. Just as I think I should receive mine before those who ordered after me. I don't think some modicum of fairness is too much to expect - a sense of first come, first served.

My bigger point was the customer service, or lack thereof, in this whole process. If Tesla really wants to be considered a premium brand that competes with Audi, BMW, MB, etc. they need to understand it's more than just building great cars. It's the whole ownership experience that builds loyalty and commands higher prices. The idea that many of us aren't receiving prompt and consistent feedback and support through this process is really unacceptable. We all deserve polite, professional communication from Tesla especially when things don't go as expected.

I will be very happy for you (and everyone else here still waiting) when you finally receive your VIN and delivery. I hope you'll feel the same for me. :)