Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the risk of sounding completely ignorant and naive, wouldn’t the elimination of manual switches, such as lumbar, partially alleviate the microchip issue, while allowing for centralized control of the adjustment that was previously controlled by the switch? Surely the central unit is powerful enough to manage the control of lumbar. As someone waiting to pick up my car I’m definitely frustrated that this has been eliminated, especially given my wife’s bad back, but I’m just not seeing the reason for completely removing the lumbar system when they instead could consolidate the control of the system onto the central processor. Again I might just be ignorant.

At the risk of sounding completely ignorant and naive, wouldn’t the elimination of manual switches, such as lumbar, partially alleviate the microchip issue, while allowing for centralized control of the adjustment that was previously controlled by the switch? Surely the central unit is powerful enough to manage the control of lumbar. As someone waiting to pick up my car I’m definitely frustrated that this has been eliminated, especially given my wife’s bad back, but I’m just not seeing the reason for completely removing the lumbar system when they instead could consolidate the control of the system onto the central processor. Again I might just be ignorant.
I think that's completely reasonable and makes sense to me. I would think, at some point all of the seat controls will be managed by the main unit.

Maryland, Owings Mills SC, 4/15 Order Date, Blue, LR, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, Tow

This morning, received email requesting payment. Checked website and clicked Accept. VIN appeared. Assume I will be contacted to schedule pickup at Owings Mills SC. Spreadsheet updated. Forums has been helpful to know what's going on. Best to everyone!
I’m picking up in owing mills as well. You’ll get a text to schedule a date. I’m schedule for next Monday.

187xxx here and no lumbar on passenger side…
@AlKreischer , so your white interior LACKS a functional passenger side lumbar? And @with_raiden has a black interior WITH lumbar? And it appears the VINs are all over the place wrt passenger lumbar. This doesn’t make sense, especially with some completely missing buttons and some have buttons that do nothing.

For those of you that previously went to different SCs and found large numbers of cars in inventory awaiting delivery; has all of the inventory now been depleted and (presumably) delivered to customers?
After my flight landed yesterday in SeaTac I drove by the Renton SC and it was packed. On the drive home, my wife and I saw several carriers heading north. I'm reasonably confident I'll get mine before end of June, and after seeing the situation on the ground I'm beginning to feel bad for the employees doing deliveries as they must be under incredible pressure.

This is a sample size of 1, but I can only presume it's like this almost everywhere right now.