Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ended up purchasing an inventory in Boston in exact same config. Got VIN 190XXX assigned to me after placing order!

Need to wait for my SAs sales center to open to be able to call and link this to my existing order to lock in my reservation price, but need to find a way to get it to me without paying sales tax to MA and avoid home delivery as I would have a car sitting in my driveway waiting for reservation paperwork for a week.

I have a feeling it is still in Freemont as it is having me select my pickup location as Paramus NJ.
You don't pay MA tax if you don't register it here. People in NH buy cars in MA all the time and they don't pay sales, but when us Ma folks go to NH for a car they recoup the taxes at the RMV

Phantom braking is a real issue WITH radar. It doesn’t seem to have gotten worse with TV. The people saying it’s a problem appear mainly to be new Tesla owners who haven’t had an AP1, 2 or 3 car before. All of those have phantom braking issues. Better safe than sorry. The phantom braking doesn’t slam the brakes. It slows quickly. Which I prefer over slamming into a tractor trailer because the car’s AI was more aggressive.
AMEN!

Tesla does a rate match, so that’s what I did. Sent Tesla the approval from DCU, and a few hours later they had updated my account with the rate match. Can’t speak to the process if going through a third party directly

Will DCU provide a loan approval, without having to sign up for membership and make a deposit? I want the letter to get TSLA to match the rate.

I have a VIN!!! 201xxx
I can’t believe this day has finally arrived. I feel like I should make a speech or something - feels like I’ve won something… that I paid for. 😂

hahahah JUST had this convo with my Mrs. Why are we so excited like we just scored a goal or something, when its actually something owed to us we are charged for? lol

Kudos to tesla for making us feel that way. Either by engineering or marketing....

:cool:

You don't pay MA tax if you don't register it here. People in NH buy cars in MA all the time and they don't pay sales, but when us Ma folks go to NH for a car they recoup the taxes at the RMV
Tesla told me that I would need to take delivery at my house in order to avoid it. They cannot give me temporary plates in MA to drive back to the NH. Besides I they pinged the car and it is actually in Warwick, RI. Ironically that is the location of my SA but he is out of the office today.

It makes me sad knowing the car is just sitting there waiting to be driven, but I need to wait for the DC to open to call them and work out logistics :(

183xxx is likely a 4/30 build and therefore does not have the radar. It will have the lumbar support as mine is 1868xx and it still has the passenger lumbar support

EDIT: I know that 183xxx were produced 4/30 to 5/1 as I saw 2 with an 183xxx vin at Tesla Tampa and one of them had 4/30 and the other one had 5/1 marked as the buid date. Mine (vin 1868xx) is likely a 5/5 or 5/6 build.. The sticker indicating the build date was gone from mine as they remove them for delivery.
Based on the many reports in this thread, it is clear that the VINs are not manufactured in sequence.

Interesting, I logged into my account and went to the overview page of my order and was presented with a different webpage design, with all of the normal information on it. I actually liked the updated webpage. Logged out, signed back in, and got the original overview webpage we are all familiar with. 🤔

Unfortunately, no updated information, like a VIN 😑

I have the same issue RE: pricing. I don’t really want 7 seats as my kids are almost too tall for 3rd row, but there’s one nearby. However, due to cost increases, etc, it’s like a $5,000 premium for something I won’t use. Only thought was maybe I can put the dog back there. However, the dog doesn’t need a seat or charging ports!
It does, however, need those two cupholders.