Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually bought the car and paid the $100 deposit. I gave tesla chat the VIN and had them ping it and find out the exact location. Then I called the location where it was currently. Just so happened to be where my SA is in RI even though it was for sale in Boston.

Gave the DA my reservation number for my old order and the new reservation and he just moved the VIN to my old order. I took the risk of reserving it and losing the $100 deposit than wait for my SA to get back to me.
Okay, thanks. I misunderstood and thought you contacted the NJ location where you are picking it up.

Delivery day is tomorrow for me! Super excited!! Just finalized all the financing terms and I'm literally just watching the clock now. Ugh! WHO HERE CAN MAKE TIME GO FASTER!!??

1622665889485.png

I wish I understood how the delivery dates work when you are really to the actual delivery.

Yesterday it was Estimated Delivery: June 03 - June 06. Today (the 2nd) it is now Estimated Delivery: June 02 - June 06.

But June 2 is today, which means today the computer or person changed it to today. But AFAIK the car isn't even here. So does the computer change the date, or an actual person at the SC?

Reactions: blogreader
Hey everyone! I hope you're doing well! To those who do not have VINS yet, I am sure you'll get them soon. The only piece of advice I can offer is make sure everything in your account is up to date. I was holding off on proof of insurance for awhile and as soon as I did that, after I got my VIN they scheduled home delivery.

Speaking of, the delivery appointment says 12:01AM. Is this a placeholder for day of delivery or are they dropping off late at night?

Also, got the Spigen screen protector, console organizer. Do you think I need mud flaps in Los Angeles?
Has anyone in New York uploaded their current insurance (without a Tesla VIN) to the site in advance of receiving a VIN and did it help? NY is one of the states that requires a VIN on the insurance so I've been advised by my SA to hold off on that step until I actually receive a VIN, and it doesn't impact wait time for a VIN.

my sister just received an email from Tesla saying that her order for a MY LR won't be delivered until August due to a parts shortage. She ordered in late April. Has anyone gotten the same email from Tesla?

Can you get a copy of the email text and post it here? Thanks!
Yes, I am very curious to see who within Tesla sent this email. It doesn’t make sense considering people that have ordered after April still received VINs and deliveries. What is the sister’s configuration and what part of the country/world is she located in?? I hope this all isn’t true. At the same time, there were reports of Q2 production being sold out in early May yet people ordering mid-May were still assured of deliveries before EOQ.

Order Date vs VIN Chart: For those of us that are data driven and what it's worth, here is data, as of today from the Model Y Order Tracker, plotted by the last two years of the order date vs VIN. It also shows by cash/loan/lease and appears to show a linear correlation of VIN per order. Some outliers may indicate holds and picks of existing stock. Note the slope rise in 2021!
Tesla MY Order Date vs VINs.png