Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally hating right now but congrats! thats at least some info... I ordered 5/26 and my EDD is super far lol
At least you have an EDD. I ordered on the same day as you. No EDD. No SA. No information from Tesla. I call them and I'm told that getting no information is perfectly normal. They say all you people with your fancy EDDs and SAs are the rare exceptions. They tell me I should sit tight for up to three months before I even hear back from them.

Reactions: gisseLdesire
For those with a EDD after June , i suggest you keep refreshing the tesla site and click on existing inventory. So many model Y's are popping up but they are being snagged up pretty quick. You can tell your SA to match you with that given car to replace your car that is due more than 10 weeks away. (there are also a few standard range models as well).

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
I'm sitting here without even an order placed... reading everyone freaking out about their deliveries. I was leaning toward the MYLR or M3P but if there's so much guessing when the car will come in, I'll be perfectly fine getting a honda passport off a dealer lot.

Can anyone who's going through this explain the reason your letting Tesla play your emotions so much?

Also, for everyone planning to trade in to Tesla, make sure you get a quote from Carvana, I sold my BMW to them a few weeks ago and it was an amazing experience and I got over $4k more for my car than any dealership even my brother couldn't match it and he's a finance manager at a local new car dealer in my area.
IDK, seems like many people have never ordered a vehicle before. I drive a lot, so I get new vehicles every few years, and the last few have been ordered so I can spec them to my needs. My last order with a traditional dealership was for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. The dealer had no idea how long it would take to arrive, but they estimated "8 weeks." There was no official website to track it, but a forum similar to TMC had a service that pulled order status from *somewhere.* It turned out to be accurate in the sense that it recorded when the Jeep was finished - which was a Friday. It arrived at my dealership on the following Monday morning (and the dealer really, really wanted me to pick it up immediately, lol.) I had already established a trade-in value for my Grand Cherokee that was valid as long as I didn't exceed 99K miles, and I had financing arranged with my CU (although the dealer matched it.). Easy process, and you can talk to actual people with authority to make things happen. The point is that the delivery timeframe was unknown until the Friday before the Monday, and it took 7 weeks to arrive.

Reactions: Cybwiz
Houston, TX

Ordered 5/2 (Blue LR, 20" wheels and tow hook)
Received VIN 196,xxx on 5/28 with delivery date range of May 31- June 6
This morning (6/1) it changed to June 3 - June 6. Maybe I will run by the SC/Gallery at lunch today and see if it is there.

Since the outside date didn't change, I'm hoping it will stick. We head out on 6/6 for vacation :(.

We are selling our Volvo wagon to Carmax or Vroom and those offers expire this week :(.

Update: I drove over to the SC today "just to check" and see if the car was sitting there. It was, and they hadn't even checked it in! I told the SA that we are up against a vacation departure, and so they put me down to pick it up evening of June 5/Saturday, which would work out perfectly. I am not the type of person to even ask for expedited treatment, but am glad I did.

I was so excited I left and forgot to do a visual inspection. :(

I had to redo each quote to sell our car and they were all within hundred of each other.

There's an existing inventory MYLR White/White 19" 5 seats no tow no FSD in NYC Metro area... You're telling me nobody has that configuration on order??? That's the basic no extras config, of course someone has that on order.

Now I feel like I have to constantly be monitoring the existing inventory because they might throw up my configuration and I can get it months earlier than my EDD on my custom order.
Yup, gotta do some work for something to fall into your lap.

IDK, seems like many people have never ordered a vehicle before. I drive a lot, so I get new vehicles every few years, and the last few have been ordered so I can spec them to my needs. My last order with a traditional dealership was for a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. The dealer had no idea how long it would take to arrive, but they estimated "8 weeks." There was no official website to track it, but a forum similar to TMC had a service that pulled order status from *somewhere.* It turned out to be accurate in the sense that it recorded when the Jeep was finished - which was a Friday. It arrived at my dealership on the following Monday morning (and the dealer really, really wanted me to pick it up immediately, lol.) I had already established a trade-in value for my Grand Cherokee that was valid as long as I didn't exceed 99K miles, and I had financing arranged with my CU (although the dealer matched it.). Easy process, and you can talk to actual people with authority to make things happen. The point is that the delivery timeframe was unknown until the Friday before the Monday, and it took 7 weeks to arrive.
This is definitely a valid comment--we purchased a Subaru Ascent in 2019 after they just came out. The config that my wife wanted was a golden unicorn -- only 3 available inventory in the US. We literally were scouring dealer inventory web pages before deciding to place the order for it and getting it 6 weeks later. The dealership was not helpful other than placing the order on it, and less info on hive data than here.

Reactions: maus92
Lots of MY's going out of Springfield NJ today.

We had to visit for an adjustment to the Frunk on our new MY. After arriving early for the appt, there was a line. In ten minutes it moved, so our appointed time was on time. Service Advisor came over and knew our name already, ready for the issue on our car. We pulled inside in-line and he fixed the issue right there. No wait, no nonsense. Then he fixed another issue with the glove box sticking slightly. We also had him check our vin for the new recall on the brake caliper bolts, we were spared. Then quickly before being totally trapped inside the line, backed out of the garage after another customer moved for us, and went on our way! Excellent experience.

Here are the pix of the ready line, enjoy. For those who are waiting on their build, don't give up hope, it is worth the wait.

Drove home on US route 1, and then I-440 for a bit today, and now Love our MY experience even more. Also, driving with Autopilot today in the rain on the GSP, worked with not one false brake event or issue with the TACC.

:)
Mine is right there!
Thanks for keeping an eye on her!
Great pickup today.

Ordered one car sight unseen in my life, the volvo c30 right when it came out, and I got to the free overseas delivery in Sweden which was cool but not necessary especially since after getting to drive the car around Sweden it took almost a month to get loaded into a container, shipped across the atlantic, then delivered to my dealership. So yeah I have gone through something like this but I got literal white glove service. My salesperson personally called me every time there was an update with my car, from the vin plate being stamped to the headlights being installed and I even got to choose certain personalizations on the spot like which wheels I wanted on it since I ordered so early there was only one style available at the time and i got to upgrade to the bigger size for free.

All my other cars before and after were dealer lot purchases and many of them were not everyday cars, my last x3 was an M competition which isn't sitting on every BMW dealers lot. Before that I literally walked off the street into a mercedes dealership and bought a e63 amg right off the lot - so yeah, not "common" point A to B cars and I was able to get them on demand. yes times have changed but this has been my experience my entire life.

I still have to get my wife to a Tesla show room to test drive both the 3 and Y to determine which she likes more before I buy (hoping it's the 3 so I can go M3P) and until then all I can do is watch the website and hope the expected delivery timeline doesn't explode - and maybe she'll hate both of them and then I'll be back at square one.

Given my history posted above, most people would think this guy is crazy to go from those expensive BMW's and Benzes, not only did I LOVE driving them but pre-pandemic they were tools of my trade to get deals done. The last year+ I've done all my meetings remotely with a greenscreen and have still had the same success so an expensive car isn't neccessarily needed to accomplish what I did before. In my situation, maybe a honda wasn't the best example, honestly if I can't get the tesla by the time I need it to start driving into the office, I wouldn't feel terrible canceling the order and walking into a dealership and buying a 3 series or C class on the spot.

There's an existing inventory MYLR White/White 19" 5 seats no tow no FSD in NYC Metro area... You're telling me nobody has that configuration on order??? That's the basic no extras config, of course someone has that on order.

Now I feel like I have to constantly be monitoring the existing inventory because they might throw up my configuration and I can get it months earlier than my EDD on my custom order.
No one at the DC where the car is located has it on order. That’s all that is checked. That’s why you see it on the inventory list.

You kinda contradicted yourself - although they don't have much say in production scheduling, they do have a say on assignments of non-delivered VINs.
Sure, but it sounded like he had to call the dealer literally daily to check on it. That doesn't sound like the SA was doing much aside from checking current inventory. It's like standing in the kitchen at a restaurant and saying you got awesome service.

An amazing SA would call you when the car you wants pops up -- without daily calls.