Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T
Mine was a manual process. I didn't get any automated messages and I had to call and schedule because it turns out my SA was on vacation and apparently when an SA is on vacation their reservations aren't handled by someone else. But it took one day to get the car after the VIN because it was already at the store and the other staff were super helpful in getting me in to take delivery.
Thank you! I’ll be proactive given your response.

For the demo vehicles, if we already have an order placed does anyone know if we can switch the demo vehicle for our order? And if its the same config do we get to keep the price we paid or are we gonna have to pay the price increase?
You lose the $100 and you pay the increased base price of $500. So you pay more for certainty of execution/earlier delivery. BUT, Tesla has been known to waive the fees in the past depending on your situation.

Lumbar seems a bit random as I’ve seen VINs before and after mine have passenger lumbar controls while I don’t. PPF and mudflaps seems to be location dependent (Canada and northern US more were more frequent).
My vin #185, picked up May 29, passenger side Lumbar button there but inoperative. I then set up a "ticket" for it not functioning. I was all set to have service done on it Thursday. In mean time was reading all the fallout here. Eventually days got closer and I called (didn't feel like 2 hr round trip drive for nothing) service center. Spoke to a SA and he looked into it and as I was on the phone seems like he was just then reading Elon's message that that feature had been removed. Strange button there but not functioning. Hung up and right after, service desk called to confirm appointment. While on the phone,, I mentioned the recent finding and at the same time, the SA I had just spoken to met the service guy and no we were all on the same page. No lumbar passenger side. Seems to confirm, even within, tough to get updated info passed through the ranks.

Reactions: dsandhu
For the demo vehicles, if we already have an order placed does anyone know if we can switch the demo vehicle for our order? And if its the same config do we get to keep the price we paid or are we gonna have to pay the price increase?
I ended up asking Tesla about this and they said we would pay the price that the demo vehicle is listed for. Which sucks since my current order was back in April before the 2 price increases. Guess I will continue to wait for my order...

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
You lose the $100 and you pay the increased base price of $500. So you pay more for certainty of execution/earlier delivery. BUT, Tesla has been known to waive the fees in the past depending on your situation.
I almost pulled the trigger on a demo car today. Most of these have FSD and if you take that off, according to my SA, you have to pay the updated price. So I'd have to pay $1500 more for a car with 1300 miles on it. Can't do that on principal alone.

How long do you have to accept Tesla Vision? I didn’t receive any email, just saw it by logging in. Even though I was given a VIN, will my delivery be delayed if I wait to accept Tesla Vision?

Also, I haven’t seen anyone post this Tesla Vision update table, figure I’d share a screenshot:
20B9A252-CAE5-43D6-9249-21B6A58B9CC6.jpeg

Pulled the trigger and ordered a MYP demo under a separate reservation but keeping the MY LR on order. Got the VIN immediately. I assume I can refuse delivery if it isn’t to my liking. TBH I always wanted a MYP but was forced to ‘settle’ for the MY LR due to my other half. This one doesn’t have FSD. Time will tell whether or not this was a wise decision but I was ok with the extra 100 and 3 point credit score decrease by reapplying.

I called the store and had a demo that matched my order assigned to me - I ended up saving $500. The VIN is in my account, just waiting for delivery.

Crossposting from CA Waiting Room:
OK I GAVE IN. I purchased a demo here in LA that had 347 miles on it (it's probably still there in the search results). I was also able to remove the FSD in my account after the fact. Easy peasy. It is not in my exact config--even better. It's in the config I really wanted and have been regretting not getting since day 1!

Original order: White on black, 20" Inductions, 5 seater, no tow no FSD.
Demo order: MSM on black, 19" Geminis*, 5 seater, no tow and removed FSD. VIN 161xxx. All in all there was a difference of $300ish in the order but I know that I'll be happier with MSM in the long run.

*I wish it had inductions but I can live with it, especially hearing all the curbing horror stories. My BF who will occasionally drive it is not exactly a careful one.

WHEW. Feels so weird dropping 58K on a sight unseen car just like that, but I'm happy with my choice. Hopefully I get the delivery text before the weekend. I wonder if they'll still deliver it to my house??? Hmmm...

+++

I haven’t cancelled my original order yet. She and I have been thru so much these past couple months…I’ll have to find a way to let her down easy (aka get a hold of my SA and see if he can do anything about refunding that order fee.)

I just got back from my local SC, where I had a conversation re:the topic that you are commenting on. Insofar as a SA proactively matching cars, there is almost no opportunity for them to do that as there currently are only a few unmatched cars nationally to match to - 2xMY nationally, for instance, at this time. And if any of those available cars are outside their region, there's no chance to get a car as there is most likely a buyer much nearer the car.
I understand your reasoning and you state valid points but I don’t buy into all of it. At some point someone at the DC has to have visibility into the production distribution line. In terms of inventory, it’s dynamic and what’s true one moment can quickly change. It may also be true that the DA has more insight and can also work pending orders.

Reactions: elguapo