Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The prices on the inventory cars reflect the price increases - with or without FSD. If your SA can get them to “grandfather” you, great. It’s been done, but Tesla is pricing them at current prices.

My MSRP remained the same. I just had the SA assign the VIN to me. All that matters is the order RN# date - they will grandfather that MSRP if you have an older order date.

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
My MSRP remained the same. I just had my the SA assign the VIN to me. All that matters is the order RN# date - they will grandfather that MSRP if you have an older order date.
If you wait for your SA, that makes sense. At 9:00pm EDT, my SA isn’t working and when they did the last inventory dump Tuesday, 124 cars went to 30 in 12 hours…waiting means you may lose the car.

Reactions: 63AMG
I see a bunch of demo models were just released. However the price on them seems to be higher than the price on the Model Y that I ordered. And these seem to have about 3000 miles on them. Why is this?
Yep, I noticed that too.

I have a pretty good SA and had reached out to him regarding finding a match sooner. He couldn’t find an exact match, quite different than the one we ordered actually, but at least he tried.

We ordered all basic white, black interiors, 19”, with tow hitch.

SA came back with red, 20” wheels, and no tow hitch. However, it was available AT THE SC and brand new. It also had a paint scratch and most likely rejected recently. Interesting part was the SA said I only had 5 minutes to decide before the car gets auto-matched to someone else. We passed on the car.

Later, SA reached out with a demo car but it was even more expensive than the previous new red one, AND the demo car had 3k miles. At that mileage I don’t think you can register or title it as new anymore and wouldn’t qualify for any tax rebates (if they were available).

If you wait for your SA, that makes sense. At 9:00pm EDT, my SA isn’t working and when they did the last inventory dump Tuesday, 124 cars went to 30 in 12 hours…waiting means you may lose the car.

Yeah, that I understand and it's really sucks the way Tesla does this, but the SA I spoke with said anyone can assign you the VIN.

The store that I ordered from closes at 9PM PST. My SA wasn't working, so the new SA assigned the VIN to me.

Reactions: elguapo
The prices on the inventory cars reflect the price increases - with or without FSD. If your SA can get them to “grandfather” you, great. It’s been done, but Tesla is pricing them at current prices.
Yeah I got the impression when talking to my SA today that as long as the config is identical to you current order, they can keep the grandfathered price. But if there’s anything different, including removing FSD, then you have to pay the new price.

My MSRP remained the same. I just had the SA assign the VIN to me. All that matters is the order RN# date - they will grandfather that MSRP if you have an older order date.
Are you saying you didn’t actually “buy” the car with the $100 order fee but called your SA and had them assign that VIN to your original order? If so, you were lucky it wasn’t bought before you reached your SA. What about transport charges?

Reactions: 63AMG
Yep, I noticed that too.

I have a pretty good SA and had reached out to him regarding finding a match sooner. He couldn’t find an exact match, quite different than the one we ordered actually, but at least he tried.

We ordered all basic white, black interiors, 19”, with tow hitch.

SA came back with red, 20” wheels, and no tow hitch. However, it was available AT THE SC and brand new. It also had a paint scratch and most likely rejected recently. Interesting part was the SA said I only had 5 minutes to decide before the car gets auto-matched to someone else. We passed on the car.

Later, SA reached out with a demo car but it was even more expensive than the previous new red one, AND the demo car had 3k miles. At that mileage I don’t think you can register or title it as new anymore and wouldn’t qualify for any tax rebates (if they were available).
Demo cars will (normally) still be considered new, as you will be the first person the cars been sold to and registered under. That would make you eligible for tax credits. Unfortunately some dealers stupidly register their demo units and it jacks everything up for all involved.

Demo cars will (normally) still be considered new, as you will be the first person the cars been sold to and registered under. That would make you eligible for tax credits. Unfortunately some dealers stupidly register their demo units and it jacks everything up for all involved.
I see.

Also looked it up and, in California, a car is still considered new as long as it has under 7,500 miles on the odometer (and hasn't been registered obviously).