Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Model Y LR here on Earth Day, got the VIN and "big button" today - about a 5 week wait. Service center called, should be able to take delivery next week! Color was Blue.
Delivery was yesterday, in the rain, at the end of the delivery window (was just starting to worry)... Car looks great, went through most of the checklist already, nothing of significance found. The car drives, the car charges, the car plays music, the car is a next-level driving experience that has not disappointed!!!

Everybody who is waiting, hang in there!!! For me it was well worth it.

Just got a call from the SC and apparently the demo I changed my order to is not actually at the SC right now and is on an extended loan and is currently somewhere in Florida.

They aren't sure when it's coming back or how many miles will be on it when it does so I went from having a delivery date for tomorrow to a delivery date of who knows when.

Also since I changed my original order to the new one if I don't take the demo I'm back at the end of the line.

So for anyone else considering taking a demo it's probably a good idea to just place a second order instead of changing your already existing order.

I wish they had told me that before I changed my order since my original order's EDD was 6/12 - 6/18 and now I might not even get the demo until then or ever.

Just delivered today! Black paint seems to have quite a bit of swirls and scratches… some adhesive stuck on black trim as well as some buffer marks on the trim. I almost feel like not even addressing any of those items and get it detailed by professionals lol. What do you think? Should I submit a service request for paint issues? Pics coming shortly

If my blue one has issues like this I plan on handling it myself!

Reactions: suprax
Just delivered today! Black paint seems to have quite a bit of swirls and scratches… some adhesive stuck on black trim as well as some buffer marks on the trim. I almost feel like not even addressing any of those items and get it detailed by professionals lol. What do you think? Should I submit a service request for paint issues? Pics coming shortly
It really depends on if it bothers you or not. Personally, I may be fine with it while someone else isn't. Stuff like this is too subjective.

If the swirls bother you then I think you would be better off paying for a professional detail. I doubt Tesla will make it noticeably better. They are not “detailers”

Took delivery today! Everything went extremely smooth and fast. Car looked pretty much perfect. No panel gaps that stood out enough to notice or bother me and the paint looked good all around. There were a couple grease/sticky residue here and there, but it all wiped away easily enough. But I literally only got to drive it for 3/4 of a mile to Xpel to get PPF installed. Unfortunately it started raining, but at least I got a good look at the car before it started to.

Attachments

• DSC01492.jpg
    DSC01492.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01484.jpg
    DSC01484.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01481.jpg
    DSC01481.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01487.jpg
    DSC01487.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 63
I picked up my MYP from the Columbus SC first thing this morning. Smooth experience overall - the thing that took the longest was signing all the docs necessary for the Ohio BMV to transfer my plates from the old car to the new car.

When I saw the car on Wednesday, I noticed that both right wheels had small (1-2") scrapes from transport. When I picked up today, one of the wheels had already been replaced and the SA *proactively* told me about the other one. They already have a replacement wheel on order and they will come to my house to replace the scraped one when it arrives. All in all, I would give the Columbus SC an A+ for this.

Now it's time to drive to dinner - and take the long way! 🚗

Attachments

• D55255B0-4A1A-403A-89CB-3024CCFCDA17.jpeg
    D55255B0-4A1A-403A-89CB-3024CCFCDA17.jpeg
    758.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 27BC6A30-9900-4B57-9693-F45B75BEFBC3.jpeg
    27BC6A30-9900-4B57-9693-F45B75BEFBC3.jpeg
    786.7 KB · Views: 65
Forget the nonsense from the SA trying to get rid of you and your concerns of YOUR new MY. This is a big ticket purchase, right?

Take pictures of each and every issue. Then submit on your phone app in the service section. It will walk you thru, including upload of photos. Then the SC will contact you thru the app and arrange for a service appt. or even better, mobile service to your location to fix.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the suggestion. I took pictures of the issues (see attached) and reported them within the app (92 miles so time was running out) and scheduled a time at the SC for later this month.

Attachments

• IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    338.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Anyone else considering waiting for an Austin 4680 Y if your order dates get pushed deep into Q3?
I was in same thought ,but then decided to go ahead and take delivery now...with below uncertainty:
1. Will It even be ready by year end
2. will Tesla put in MYLR to begin with MYP ( Like they did with Headlights)
3. Will they increase the cost( not sure if they will lock may order price for 6+ month wait)

At least I'll get to use it this summer.

I picked up my MYP from the Columbus SC first thing this morning. Smooth experience overall - the thing that took the longest was signing all the docs necessary for the Ohio BMV to transfer my plates from the old car to the new car.

When I saw the car on Wednesday, I noticed that both right wheels had small (1-2") scrapes from transport. When I picked up today, one of the wheels had already been replaced and the SA *proactively* told me about the other one. They already have a replacement wheel on order and they will come to my house to replace the scraped one when it arrives. All in all, I would give the Columbus SC an A+ for this.

Now it's time to drive to dinner - and take the long way! 🚗
Yowza i keep forgetting how gorgeous it looks in actual pictures! Congrats! Can't wait to get mine!

Was debating just getting a Demo version of my Config as it was available and my EDD is August. All of a sudden refreshed and saw there was an existing inventory of my config with <50 miles not a demo, quickly got it and received a vin immediately. 189xxxx

I essentially just cut the line of everyone who ordered April/May and I kinda feel bad about it.
No reason to feel bad about anything, demo and inventory cars are available to everyone/anyone who decides to buy them. I’m one with an early April order and the order has an August delivery date. So, I just did the same exact thing and found a match in inventory and pulled the trigger. Congrats on your new Tesla 😃

Reactions: Emmadiane
Demo's have mileage on them, they're not show cars. I just checked for my config and they have the same except induction wheels. The cost is the same as if I ordered that config about a month ago. So they're basically taking $1k off for cars with 2k miles, but if you factor back in the price increases for those with existing orders, its not worth it. This is basically an incentive to push cars to people who haven't previously placed orders, not to those waiting in line.
What I meant they were likely the test driven cars

No reason to feel bad about anything, demo and inventory cars are available to everyone/anyone who decides to buy them. I’m one with an early April order and the order has an August delivery date. So, I just did the same exact thing and found a match in inventory and pulled the trigger. Congrats on your new Tesla 😃
Early April order with an August delivery date?? What was your config? Did you change it recently?

Reactions: swheat6345
Just got a call from the SC and apparently the demo I changed my order to is not actually at the SC right now and is on an extended loan and is currently somewhere in Florida.

They aren't sure when it's coming back or how many miles will be on it when it does so I went from having a delivery date for tomorrow to a delivery date of who knows when.

Also since I changed my original order to the new one if I don't take the demo I'm back at the end of the line.

So for anyone else considering taking a demo it's probably a good idea to just place a second order instead of changing your already existing order.

I wish they had told me that before I changed my order since my original order's EDD was 6/12 - 6/18 and now I might not even get the demo until then or ever.
I did this exact thing. I actually ordered two from inventory in addition to my base order. Today, NJ SC called and said “you can get your car tomorrow”. And I said, “great, but I live in MD, why are you calling me?” One reservation gone as the system said the car was in MD, but is in NJ and they want to now match it in NJ. An extra $100 was a relatively small price to risk for “insurance” and, in this case, it was Tesla’s mistake so I will get it back.