Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MYLR was delivered this afternoon... very spotty communications on when it would leave NJ, when it would arrive in NH, ("the driver would call when they where close to my house", etc.), but it worked out. She was loaded onto the truck yesterday and I received her at the end of my driveway about four hours after I got the driver's call late this morning. She was in excellent shape, everything is working so far (except I cannot access the App with my car yet) and it was apparently an open truck, so half the bugs from NJ, CT, and NH are splattered all over her front. I'm grateful they didn't drive through Cicada Hell further south, THAT would be ugly. Having fun figuing out the ins and outs of my new toy. Not a pleasant ordering experience, but I am putting it behind me and enjoying the car! Best of luck to those ordering and waiting.

My EDD is 06/06-06/20 but I haven't received a VIN yet. What makes it complicated it that I'm travelling for a week starting 06/11.
Do we know if VINs are assigned on the weekend? Also will I go to the back of the line if I get matched but cannot schedule delivery in the 3 day window?

Early April order with an August delivery date?? What was your config? Did you change it recently?
There’s plenty of us in this situation. I ordered 4/12 and my EDD is now July 25th at the earliest.

MYLR white/white 5 seater with tow hitch and no FSD. Located on the east coast. Haven’t change my configuration at all.

It’s a bit frustrating seeing people with same config from May orders take delivery while I’m sitting here scratching my head

I did this exact thing. I actually ordered two from inventory in addition to my base order. Today, NJ SC called and said “you can get your car tomorrow”. And I said, “great, but I live in MD, why are you calling me?” One reservation gone as the system said the car was in MD, but is in NJ and they want to now match it in NJ. An extra $100 was a relatively small price to risk for “insurance” and, in this case, it was Tesla’s mistake so I will get it back.
I did the same with the 2nd order. My SA actually reached out to me the very next day when he saw that I have two open orders. Super helpful guy who helped me verified the status of the new vehicle and then consolidated the two orders for me so I do not need to go through the entire application process again.

Reactions: elguapo
There’s plenty of us in this situation. I ordered 4/12 and my EDD is now July 25th at the earliest.

MYLR white/white 5 seater with tow hitch and no FSD. Located on the east coast. Haven’t change my configuration at all.

It’s a bit frustrating seeing people with same config from May orders take delivery while I’m sitting here scratching my head
No doubt. Have you contacted your SA to see what’s going on?

What a roller coaster this has been for us. Ordered a white/black MYP with tow on 5/14 but personally wanted the M3P but wife wanted more room. So defaulted to the MYP. Took a longer ride in the MYP and she really disliked the ride quality. So made a change to the MY LR white/black tow but we had just gotten a very good delivery date on the MYP (3-5 weeks). I hated to change it at that point.

Well turns out nothing on the back end was updated. The day after we put in the change, another $500 price increase. Our order was never updated from MYP to MY LR. I was not a happy camper to put it mildly. It took a few days and a lot of back and forth and the honored the old price. Delivery window was 2-11 weeks at that time. So we sold our car.

As luck would have it, for a week no EDD for us. When I checked on the Tesla site, the range for a new order was possibly up to 13 weeks. This was a serioud uh oh moment for us. I was hoping maybe we'd get a VIN when the EDD came back. Nope, instead we were faced with a likely end of July to mid-August delivery timeframe.

I started checking all the inventory sites and found a bunch of cars in/around DC. I figured I'd just go there and get one of them as pretty close to what we wanted. As luck would have it, a red/white demo popped up here. Not our ideal combo but I did like the red, it just wasn't worth 2k to me. AB is worth 2k to me, red paint is not.

I decided to pull the trigger but then saw it had FSD. Hard stop. Our SA said he could easily remove FSD as long as we didn't order it. If we did, we'd just be throwing away our money as we'd lose the $100. So my wife didn't want me to pull the trigger on it last night. So I tracked it through inventory all night and up until the Tesla store opened. I must have called that place 20 times, emailed our SA, texted their inbound text number to no avail.

Then our child got sick and I couldn't leave until she was finally asleep after lunch. I checked the inventory on the way, rode my motorcycle as my wife needed the car and almost got crushed by a guy in a i-Pace when he was too impatient in his lane. So what happened when I got there. That damn car was gone. In a span 18 minutes it disappeared. None of the SAs even new they had it inventory. Also gone were my 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks, even spanning about 200 miles away we were back in the roster. I was pretty much ready to give up. I had checked last night and 34 model Y's in a 200 mile radius of me.

So while looking through what was finally left, one popped up on the screen that I was there earlier. It was a demo car that was never driven, nor did anyone in the store know they even had it. Turned out to be a MY LR white/blk tow and the 3rd row. I called my wife and she was fine with the extra seats as it had the color combo she wanted. So I told our SA to grab it and now we finally have a VIN. Waiting to schedule the delivery now. What a ride this has been so far and I hope they iron out the Tesla Vision issues very quickly.

This forum has been a ton of help and at the same time, a little bit of misery loves company. I hope there are no issues with the car when we finally pick it up.

For those of you changed from the custom order to a demo car, did you have to give up the original order's deposit?
I placed a new order because I knew I would not reach my SA in time. Tesla just got $100 more of my money for the pleasure of causing me grief for 2 months.

Quick update on my demo order:
Got the scheduling text this morning and immediately picked the first avail on 6/9. The delivery center called me shortly after and asked if I wanted 6/6 Sunday instead. Um yes please. It’s being delivered to my house.

For some reason, the car being a demo (347 miles) actually makes me less concerned about any minor blemishes. Kind of takes the pressure off of trying to keep a brand new car pristine.

I was probably just a couple weeks away from getting the car I originally ordered. The reason I went for the demo is because it was the color I truly wanted. I knew I’d regret my choice every day had I kept the original.

Took delivery last night. Car is gorgeous. Not sure of the build date but vin is the 203s so it must be recent since I'm fairly sure they assign VINs after they come off the assembly line.
  • No new headlights (although... duh, I think we know that's not happening)
  • Heated steering wheel (again, kind of duh, that's not a super new feature at this point)
  • No passenger lumbar (don't really care about this but some of you might!)
  • No mudflaps or PPE but we really don't have much inclement weather here besides fog, so I assume they're doing that based on local weather.
The only glaring issue is that the back seats are all misaligned. The angle of the seat backs are different. Scheduled service appointment for a few weeks out since it's not negatively affecting performance or driver experience, and I at least want to enjoy the car for a bit before I toss her back into the ether of Tesla service. Just kidding... needed to read the manual, clearly.

Going to take off the Gemini plastic this weekend. Thank yall for your companionship during this MISERABLE journey. I promise it is worth it in the end. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7460.JPG
    IMG_7460.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7459.JPG
    IMG_7459.JPG
    408.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
My EDD is 06/06-06/20 but I haven't received a VIN yet. What makes it complicated it that I'm travelling for a week starting 06/11.
Do we know if VINs are assigned on the weekend? Also will I go to the back of the line if I get matched but cannot schedule delivery in the 3 day window?
Weekend delivery is unlikely, pickup will be a better choice. But most likely you will see yours get push back 1 day everyday. I have 6/5-6/19, and it's been moved back a day everyday for the past 4 days.

Took delivery last night. Car is gorgeous. Not sure of the build date but vin is the 203s so it must be recent since I'm fairly sure they assign VINs after they come off the assembly line.
  • No new headlights (although... duh, I think we know that's not happening)
  • Heated steering wheel (again, kind of duh, that's not a super new feature at this point)
  • No passenger lumbar (don't really care about this but some of you might!)
  • No mudflaps or PPE but we really don't have much inclement weather here besides fog, so I assume they're doing that based on local weather.
The only glaring issue is that the back seats are all misaligned. The angle of the seat backs are different. Scheduled service appointment for a few weeks out since it's not negatively affecting performance or driver experience, and I at least want to enjoy the car for a bit before I toss her back into the ether of Tesla service.

Going to take off the Gemini plastic this weekend. Thank yall for your companionship during this MISERABLE journey. I promise it is worth it in the end. ;)
Are you sure it's not just the recline angle of the seat?