Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried that with my SA but they said cancellation was the only option. I didn't push it. After all I'm spending what's a bit more at the superchargers :)

My EDD went from 6/15-6/30, 6/16-6/30, 6/17-6/30, 6/18-6/30 to now 6/8-6/11 :) but I haven't received a call
For what it's worth, I called Tesla's customer service and asked them to add a referral. I don't even know who my SA is, or if I even have one assigned to me. Then a few weeks later, just to make sure they did attach the referral to my order, I emailed the referral department. They confirmed that it was.

We called it our Summer Easter Egg Hunt. Funny watching kids hop from car to car looking for our VIN.

FOUND IT!

Delivery team was able to bump our pickup forward 2 days to Today, everyone is excited.

OurModelY.jpg

Finally placed my order… I may have to disable my account on this forum or I may never get any work done the next 3-4 months!

Ordered a LRMY black/ black 20” 5 seat no FSD.
Initial delivery date: 8/7-9/6

excited for everyone here who has received theirs and is close!
well that escalated fast! New EDD:

Estimated Delivery: July 26 - August 15​

Out of curiosity - do we know how long it takes from manufacture date to get a VIN? Any way to see that on a spreadsheet?

If my EDD June 21-30 dates are to hold- I wonder whether my car has been manufactured yet!
I heard/read the VINs are soft matched to your specs even before the cars are on the production line of the factory. There are many instances where the mapped VIN changes according to the logistics changes, quicker availability etc..

Ooof the Midwest/Kansas City must be low on the list for allocation. I got my EDD pushed back one month…August 27 to September 26!
August 2 - September 1 for me this morning, also KC. Ordered 5/18. From June, to July, to now august/September.. hoping this is inaccurate. These seem like new order dates. And September would be way outside of the original order window. Frustrating because I’m seeing June orders with June/July dates. Is this because KC went down to 1 Tesla Building? Can they not handle the demand? At this point I would rather drive somewhere else to pick one up.

August 2 - September 1 for me this morning, also KC. Ordered 5/18. From June, to July, to now august/September.. hoping this is inaccurate. These seem like new order dates. And September would be way outside of the original order window. Frustrating because I’m seeing June orders with June/July dates. Is this because KC went down to 1 Tesla Building? Can they not handle the demand? At this point I would rather drive somewhere else to pick one up.
I've said this before, but it seems like that specific location has something off. I don't think they've worked through the initial rush yet from the radar firmware delay. It's just weird is all.

I think we miss the point. Uncle Elon has achieved Tesla’s mission. He wanted to prove EVs were viable as daily commuter cars and for road trips and Tesla’s done that. All the competition that’s creeping up is because Tesla proved the market. That’s enough for Musk. If competitors get more of the market because of better service in 1, 2, or 3 years, I really don’t think Musk will care. He’s started the revolution, will always be associated with EVs going mainstream and that was the goal. The goal was not to be the Ford or Toyota of EVs. If Tesla is the next Blackberry, I don’t think Musk would care.

That’s not to say I agree. I don’t. But I believe he’s achieved his core mission.

I would slightly disagree. His core mission is making the human race a multi planet species. Tesla solves a couple of problems for him there: better batteries, better solar power, better electric motors, and the visual AI to operate all kinds of vehicles and construction equipment and anything you don't want a human to do on mars. Obviously the SpaceX component is the transportation to Mars, but the Tesla Component is going to be all that above.

Starlink isn't names starlink by accident. Starlink will eventually try and bridge Earth's and Mar's internet and communications.

The Boring company.... In an airless planet, what kind of cities would you want to build? What kind of transportation? Underground is a really smart choice. You don't need to produce or carry a skyscrapers worth of material to build structures, you bring a drilling machine and dig down, and connect the underground cities via tunnels.

Tesla isn't done yet, but it's true that he doesn't give two craps about having the 100% best experience selling cars. Just filter your perceptions of what Elon is doing with the end goal of sustainable human life on Mars, and you can explain almost anything he's doing.