Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They haven’t even gave me a day to schedule yet
1623212699988.png

This was SA's text on June 7. I got the link to schedule delivery on June 8. EDD was June 09-15.

Ok yesterday my VIN vanished. Today I got a new VIN assigned 211xxx and it's different! I'll have to go update my insurance. Also EDD went back to June 22 - June 28 from 9-11 weeks. Only difference is that I no longer see an option to send in a payment.
My VIN vanished yesterday, too, and is still gone. I also have yet to see an EDD. And the wall charger I bought two weeks ago hasn't shipped, yet. I hope this car is worth the poor ordering experience. :)

A tremendous experience at Tesla in Schaumburg, IL on my MYLR delivery. I was 30 minutes early and the car was charged up and ready to go. The build quality is fantastic and everything was in near perfect condition. Pleasantly surprised with the entire experience. Shout out to Colin the store manager for his awesome customer service.
Nice to here, I will be picking up my LRMY at Naperville, I hope the Great experience is an Illinois thing.

My VIN vanished yesterday, too, and is still gone. I also have yet to see an EDD. And the wall charger I bought two weeks ago hasn't shipped, yet. I hope this car is worth the poor ordering experience. :)
Odd regarding wall charger. I ordered a second one a month ago and it came via Fed Ex (across the country to MD) in 3-4 days. They may just have higher demand now.

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Broke down and ordered a demo unit from Miami, tesla offered a stupid amount for my truck and I want it gone asap. Ordered it separately from my custom order, but didn't go through all the trade in stuff cause I already have a final offer. Should I call and have the trade switched to this order? Do I call for delivery scheduling?

Edit: Now an inventory vehicle <50 miles matching my order pops up in Orlando... Well I have 3 orders now. Hope they can straighten all this out when they wake up.

Last edited:
Reactions: elguapo
Broke down and ordered a demo unit from Miami, tesla offered a stupid amount for my truck and I want it gone asap. Ordered it separately from my custom order, but didn't go through all the trade in stuff cause I already have a final offer. Should I call and have the trade switched to this order? Do I call for delivery scheduling?
Honestly, the quickest way may be through the online chat or the 800 number. Scheduling won’t be able to do it and/or will say they can’t do it.

Don't be too discouraged for some of those whose date to actually take delivery of the car shifts a little. I was down to a 3 day window for 4 days. I couldn't understand why it kept shifting and was already a day "late" for the final delivery window. Maybe try a different SA who actually has a clue or willing to make the effort to find out for you.

I was under the impression my car was at the delivery center. Turns out it wasn't. A good SA found out all I needed and even took the time to get my final delivery scheduled. Didn't think this day would come but I am now about 3 hours away from taking delivery. I am hoping and praying that there are no issues with the car preventing me from taking delivery.

Good luck to all those still on the bubble so to speak. Just be persistent and try a different SA if you don't like yours. I had to punt the original one I had. The next one I got was better but not great. The final SA I worked with, not my "actual" SA so to speak, was very helpful and really smoothed out my last week or so.

I ordered May 18th. Dates pushed all the way to August 2nd - September 3rd. I know the dates are iffy and could become closer after thursday but I’m honestly tired of waiting. The anxiety of refreshing every day and anticipation has been too much in just 3 weeks. I couldn’t imagine the people still waiting since April. I checked the inventory today and found my exact build only with upgraded induction wheels as a demo car. 1000 miles on it. Immediately ordered it. I wanted brand new, but this will still be the lowest mile car ever and I’m tired of waiting with constantly changing dates. Called SA, completed steps, insurance, etc. Taking delivery this afternoon. Wait over! I will update you guys on the cars condition. I have not cancelled my other order yet due to horror stories. If the quality is good, I will be taking it. Hoping for the best!
Update: picked up yesterday at 3:00pm. No panel gap issues. A few smudge marks inside car that they quickly wiped out for me. 2 curb rashes on wheels that they pointed out to me before I walked around it. They already have me scheduled to come in next week as they’ve already ordered the new wheels and are completely replacing them for me. So no big deal. Other than that guys, car was beautiful. My exact build only I get the induction wheels and while I won’t get the range of the regular Gemini’s, I must say these black rims are gorgeous! Also I do still have lumbar support and I believe radar as well as this appears to be an April build. The radar didn’t matter too much to me but the passenger lumbar is nice to have I will say. Haven’t cancelled my other order yet. I want to see if dates truly change after Thursday, just for fun lol but my wait is over. And I love the car and driving experience so far. Autopilot has been great as well! Good luck guys!

Attachments

• A482F276-6AF0-4325-9713-1E026061152D.jpeg
    A482F276-6AF0-4325-9713-1E026061152D.jpeg
    730.8 KB · Views: 56
My timeline so far for a White Model Y, black interior, seven seater

Ordered June 1, delivery at the time was 4-9 weeks
June 3....Delivery July 26- Aug 5
June 6...Delivery June 22-30
June 8...Received make Final Payment email
June 8...Delivery moved out to 9-13 weeks
June 9 (today) Delivery changed to June 23-30

its been only a week and a day and I'm on a roller coaster, I completed the profile rather quickly and paying cash for the car, not sure if any of that has an impact

Reactions: und2000
Does anyone see their EDD update more than once a day? I notice mine will update at or around 5am AZ time and doesn’t change after that until the next day if it does.
Mine only seems to update around 5:30 AM in California. It did update twice a day early on after I ordered early May. But in the past 3-4 weeks, just once a day now. I still check throughout the day though.

Reactions: suprax
Thank you for your PM. Unfortunately I'm still too new and it won't let me reply to your message. Did Tesla match DCU 1.24 for you? Who was the actual lender through Tesla? I assume not signing the paperwork with DCU automatically cancels your intent to move forward with their loan?
Yes, [email protected] did match the 1.24% @ 65 months for the longer 72 month term for me. My lender through Tesla is U.S. Bank. There is most likely a deadline to sign and then it will expire. There is also the option to decline to sign. I will decline to sign once I have the MY in my garage, just in case I need DCU for whatever reason as a backup.

1623242473345.png

Reactions: k333 and aditgarg