Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look for inventory cars early and often. Tesla won’t do it well for you, so be on the alert. That’s how many of us ended up matching.

One just popped in DC and EV-Tsla.com is showing 7. More will come. Very odd process but have to be proactive.
Lol - the ev-tesla.com website is for a hemmeroid hospital in China!

There is a good tracking sheet to help give more insight rather than just this thread. This thread has more info.

When I ordered in early May, there seemed to be some order to the chaos, maybe more like a method to the madness. When I changed my order, it seemed like it all went to hell shortly thereafter. Basically it seemed like if there was no chance of getting a car to you in time to make the Q2 numbers, you were SOL. Then the dates seemed to be prioritized for what made sense for Q3.

While this idea was coalescing in my brain, I realized I needed to jump on an inventory car, if it was a close enough match. I started scouring every inventory site as they all weren't always in sync. My wife thought I was crazy. Once my EDD disappeared, I knew it was unlikely to get better. When my dates got pushed out into August, it validated my approach. When I watched 30 cars, in radius around my area disappear, I knew I had to act quickly even if my wife thought I was even somehow crazier.

Here is something that helped me find an inventory car. Besides the usual suspects. I looked on a map and found all the major cities within a range I was willing to fly or drive to. I looked up the zip codes in those areas. I plugged those zip codes into the official Tesla inventory tracker as well. In my case I set up 5 different pages and had a radius of 200 miles that resulted in some overlap.

I setup a separate browser window with just these 5 pages and would periodically refresh them. I was willing to waste the $100 order fee just to make sure I had one secured. I lost one early on when by the time I got in touch with my SA, had him find, and try and get the VIN for me, it was gone. Also keep in mind that you will pay whatever current price is for the car, which might be more than what your order was for originally. For me it was a $500 difference and an option I didn't originally want (7 seats) but now glad I got them.

Thank you. This is very informative. For me it will be a good debate myself whether to return the set which I bought at a really good price (around $100 USD for the two-row set), or pay double of that and wait for shipping (to Canada) to eliminate the 1 inch gap.
My biggest concern would be how secure are they. I know the Maxpiders have that very grippy backing, if yours don’t move around at all then I’d probably be willing to leave it assuming it doesn’t bother you. But if you getting in and out moves then around at all I’d return them for the 2021 mats that fit. Floor mats that dont stay in place are a safety issue. I want to order these too so I’m waiting to see if anywhere sells them for a bit less.

Look for inventory cars early and often. Tesla won’t do it well for you, so be on the alert. That’s how many of us ended up matching.

One just popped in DC and EV-Tsla.com is showing 7. More will come. Very odd process but have to be proactive.
I can’t remember — did you end up keeping your original order open? Or was it rolled into the inventory order? Curious when/if that original order comes through.

I ordered my model Y on ~May 30th and it had an estimated delivery of June 23-30th until this morning when it jumped to October. Did anyone experience this? It is bittersweet because I want the car, but I'm thinking I'll have better chances of getting the new batteries or the front and rear castings now that it has a few more months.

I ordered my model Y on ~May 30th and it had an estimated delivery of June 23-30th until this morning when it jumped to October. Did anyone experience this? It is bittersweet because I want the car, but I'm thinking I'll have better chances of getting the new batteries or the front and rear castings now that it has a few more months.
I ordered in Apr 21 and it has been in June since then. But this morning it got pushed to late July/early Aug.

Ouch!! What config did you order? I got the MYP and this morning it just changed to 6/21-6/30

I can’t remember — did you end up keeping your original order open? Or was it rolled into the inventory order? Curious when/if that original order comes through.
I actually had three orders open and when I found the second inventory car, I rolled it into the order. I wish I had left it as I would’ve liked to see if/when my original came through.

Going to pick up my car. It has 3 miles on it, I can see it in the app already.

Fremont delivery, ordered aApril 18
5008D4C4-22A6-4828-9A22-7BCC3B9F6010.jpeg