Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After watching a bunch of you guys abandon your original orders and grab an inventory car instead, I found myself checking out Tesla's new inventory listings the past couple days. My 5/21 order had moved to July/August and now September this morning. This afternoon while doing the annoying click-unclick 'refresh' of inventory, a MYLR popped up which matched my specs except the color - red instead of white.

So I quickly made a decision to buy it. Being that it's red and the current pricing instead of the pricing I locked into with my original order, it's a bit more in price. However that increase is mostly negated by 3 things: 1) The NYS EV rebate dropping from $2,000 to $500 by June 30 which I can now take full advantage of, 2) A low 0.98% @ 60 months interest rate which expires in July, and 3) Getting a solid selling offer to Carvana for our current lease.

I touched base with my SA (who has been great, btw) and he confirmed it's brand new and arriving to my pickup location on 6/21 (Monday), and is currently in a rail yard. I received the VIN instantly after clicking buy now and it's 208XXX, a recent build it seems. Tesla ratematch was also able to transfer my 0.98% interest rate to my new order.

I had never considered red due to it's $2,000 upcharge, nor have I ever seen a red MY in person before, but I'm liking it in photos. Of course there's plenty of time left here for drama to ensue, such as the car being late, etc, but as long as I can take delivery within the next 2 weeks and 1 day, it'll work for me. And I still have the original white MY order, in the slim chance I somehow get a VIN during this time and can then decide which MY to take delivery of.
Do you mind me asking where you got that Stellar rate?!

The SA who I spoke with after I tried to get a demo car this morning sent me a text message that said:

"Please confirm that you would accept a dealer demo. Other exterior colors you would accept are [...]. Correct?"

I think this means I don't have to drop another $100 for the demo car. But I probably will anyway so I can use the "Buy it Now" button. I held off on using "Buy it now" last night because I didn't know if they would ship a demo car to me from Denver. The SA said they will. Tesla's limited options makes it easier to match a demo car.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I took delivery of my MYLR blue/black 20” 5 seater w/tow one week ago today (ordered 4/17, so 7 week wait). The car is awesome and well worth the wait. The blue color is amazing and I like it more every day. Got the wall charger installed today and 48amp charging is fantastic! (Call Elevation Electric if you’re in the Denver area).

HANG IN THERE! Most amazing car ever!

100% they can remove FSD before delivery of an inventory car, even a demo. You can remove it after you buy it with the “Remove FSD” button in most cases.

Also, money talks. Pay enough, and they’ll ship the car wherever you want. But those third party transporters are even more suspect than whoever Tesla uses for their mass deliveries. Honestly, it will cost less (likely) to fly and pick up the car and drive it home. That’s what I’d do at this point.
I flew up to Chicago to pickup my S, it was a fun road trip and a great way to get really familiar with the car quickly. nothing like driving over 1000 miles on AP to get comfortable with how it works 😇d

Just keep in mind that some states, like California, charge sales tax at time of delivery, not at time of registration. So if you fly to california to pick up your car, you cannot avoid paying california sales tax, without having it flat-bed towed to the state-line, and taking delivery across the boarder. (or hiring a 3rd party carrier to take it out of state)
Im not sure about that. I've bought three cars in three different states (only one Tesla) and they charged me sales tax in FL at the dealership every time because that is where the car was registered.

Reactions: GoGators!
Just to update this, I still haven't taken delivery. I was scheduled last week when the car arrived (exactly one week ago) but they noticed a possible issue with the screen cutting out and the master tech wanted to change the coaxial cable that feeds the screen from the MCU. He said it's a very simple fix and takes 10 mins (the cable runs behind the glovebox). They gave me a MYP to use for the week so I cannot complain that much! But hopefully today is the day! Delivery scheduled for 5pm!

I have a question:

I would refresh the status page to see if there is any update on the EDD. This morning I got logged out and logged back in to my Tesla account and it displayed a message asking me if I'm ready to take delivery. I clicked I'm Ready and then got the usual status page. Does anyone know why Tesla asks this and if it has anything to do with the delivery time, or anything else?