Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone wants to "soup up" what is essentially a fancy electric honda CRV/RAV4 and throw away 2 grand on a fraction of a second software update, then have at it! But personally I think its crazy and yes you are throwing your money in the shredder for essentially nothing. Disagree with me? That's fine but I will say whatever I please so you sir, can suck it up!
I disagree with you ;)

Really feeling everyone’s pain here on the erratic EDD.

The most asinine thing to me is that I ordered approaching 3 weeks ago and my current delivery window STARTS about 8 weeks from now…which is the long-end of the estimated window on the order page (4-8 weeks, at least yesterday when I looked).

I’m planning a road trip soon and would be delighted to have the MY for it. Dunno if I should be waiting to see if I get lucky or just accept that it’s not likely. Or maybe I can change my delivery to my trip destination?!

Hey folks that are buying all the new toys and stuff for your soon to be delivered babies. I am in the process of starting my youtube chaneel (TheTeslaBruh) and podcasting Tesla/life gigs, I have made a few deals with cool companies that support the tesla community and I want to pass along a discount and promotion code if you are looking for tesla accessories. Please support if you can.

The HYDRATASE Store (here is my affiliate link)
TheHydrataseStore™ - Premium Tesla Parts and Accessories

Coupon Code 10% off
TheTeslaBruh
TheHydrataseStore™ - Premium Tesla Parts and Accessories

I don't have any insight, but I'm in north NJ, which is a popular location for deliveries (always packed at Springfield and Paramus) and there's no shortage of Tesla's in the area. My order date was May 6, VIN received around June 1, completed profile (insurance/financing) on June 7, scheduled delivery on June 8th for June 18th, took delivery on June 18th.

So for me, it was about 6 weeks all in. We were originally going to play the NJ and federal tax credit game, but I need my Model 3 back right after 4th of July for my company's return to work, so we were happy with the timing. We're also planning a road trip over the 4th so it will be nice to have the bigger car.
Thanks. I just called 1 (888) 518-3752 which pushed me back to my SC in Eden Prairie this morning. Luckily the SA I talked to was a little more informative than previous ones, but super non-committal. Even though VIN has been assigned, car has not finished being built yet, they will get visibility on ETA once it has left the factory, with better clarity for actual scheduling delivery date once it arrives in Chicago to be transferred to here. Just asked for patience when I asked if the original June 24-30 EDD would hold.

Fellow Texas owners, please help clarify!!

I was under the impression that you can walk the car, then initiate down payment through the account, and hand the service center your finance portion check. My SA said that’s not the case for Texas. I have to pay the down payment and mail them the finance check ahead of delivery date of June 24th. Can anyone confirm if this is true for DFW area service centers?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ordered 5/27. I dreaded the morning refresh to see my EDD bounce around. I'm in SoCal and found a MYPerf in the blue color I wanted in Denver. Have airline/hotel points so figured I'd fly out there and pick it up and drive it home. After I placed the order I talked to my SA who was helping me here in Brea, Ca and told him that I wanted to pick it up, not delivered. He told me to call the Denver store. I called the Denver store and was on hold for 20 minutes and kicked to a central call center who then kicked me back to the Denver store. 20 more minutes back to the central call center. Wouldn't let him transfer me back. He put me on hold and then said I should be able to pick it up in Colorado as it was on its way there. (I thought it was in Denver per the website but whatevs.) Woke up on Sunday to see that the car is set to be delivered to my house on 6/28. The $1,000 delivery charge is now in my "Additional Charges" section...DOH! I went into the Tesla store in the Brea mall and spoke to someone who took the VIN and then showed me that it is in Utah, exactly half way between my house and Denver. He said it is either moving towards Denver or moving towards my house and he has no way of knowing. Told me to come back in a couple days and see where it is on the map?? This process has been by far the most bizarre large purchase I have ever made.

Ordered 5/27. I dreaded the morning refresh to see my EDD bounce around. I'm in SoCal and found a MYPerf in the blue color I wanted in Denver. Have airline/hotel points so figured I'd fly out there and pick it up and drive it home. After I placed the order I talked to my SA who was helping me here in Brea, Ca and told him that I wanted to pick it up, not delivered. He told me to call the Denver store. I called the Denver store and was on hold for 20 minutes and kicked to a central call center who then kicked me back to the Denver store. 20 more minutes back to the central call center. Wouldn't let him transfer me back. He put me on hold and then said I should be able to pick it up in Colorado as it was on its way there. (I thought it was in Denver per the website but whatevs.) Woke up on Sunday to see that the car is set to be delivered to my house on 6/28. The $1,000 delivery charge is now in my "Additional Charges" section...DOH! I went into the Tesla store in the Brea mall and spoke to someone who took the VIN and then showed me that it is in Utah, exactly half way between my house and Denver. He said it is either moving towards Denver or moving towards my house and he has no way of knowing. Told me to come back in a couple days and see where it is on the map?? This process has been by far the most bizarre large purchase I have ever made.
You might get a lot of paint chips on the front and by the rear doors on a road trip like that. Not sure if you’re getting ppf. If so, getting it delivered might save you those paint chip damage.

Reactions: und2000
You might get a lot of paint chips on the front and by the rear doors on a road trip like that. Not sure if you’re getting ppf. If so, getting it delivered might save you those paint chip damage.
This is a good point. I also am reading that the rear Perellis on the Perf model only last 15K so there is that wear and tear to think of as well. Was looking forward to the solo road trip a bit tho...... :)

Fellow Texas owners, please help clarify!!

I was under the impression that you can walk the car, then initiate down payment through the account, and hand the service center your finance portion check. My SA said that’s not the case for Texas. I have to pay the down payment and mail them the finance check ahead of delivery date of June 24th. Can anyone confirm if this is true for DFW area service centers?
That is my understanding of the process as well. I went ahead and paid in full ahead of delivery this week in Dallas.

FWIW I ordered a demo car from the Colorado Springs SC early last Friday. I was later told it was on its way and should arrive in Colorado Springs today. It seems strange they are shipping these demo cars around. I wonder where they are coming from. I guess it makes sense to move them to where the demand is greater, especially right before the end of the quarter.

I'm planning on having it delivered to New Mexico. I was told it should get prepped tomorrow (whatever that means) and then be ready to be shipped out. I'm not sure when you ordered your car "in" Denver. Unless you ordered well before I did, I imagine the truck in Utah is headed for Colorado. It may even have my car on it. I doubt they would transfer your car to a different truck while it's enroute.

FWIW I ordered a demo car from the Colorado Springs SC early last Friday. I was later told it was on its way and should arrive in Colorado Springs today. It seems strange they are shipping these demo cars around. I wonder where they are coming from. I guess it makes sense to move them to where the demand is greater, especially right before the end of the quarter.

I'm planning on having it delivered to New Mexico. I was told it should get prepped tomorrow (whatever that means) and then be ready to be shipped out. I'm not sure when you ordered your car "in" Denver. Unless you ordered well before I did, I imagine the truck in Utah is headed for Colorado. It may even have my car on it. I doubt they would transfer your car to a different truck while it's enroute.
Interesting. When I ordered the car off the website it said "Denver" But that could have just meant where it was headed to, not necessarily that it was on the ground in Denver. I'll send another message to my SA that will probably go unanswered which will warrant a trip to the store.

I'm in the same boat. VIN on June 10, EDD window of June 24-30, SC has no clue (even told me it hadn't been built yet, but I see VIN 209xxx being delivered to others). Would welcome anyone's thoughts on how to see if anyone there knows what might be going on.
So I got on chat with an agent who mentioned that they have transitioned all their transports to truck deliveries to speed it up and that they often DC the battery pax while in transit to prevent drain or whatever, so the SA would have no way to GPS the car if that is the case... so I am holding my breath that its still on its way and likely very close to arriving here in Orlando.
I agree completely, there are to many VIN's in my range and higher that have been delivered already or are at the very least scheduled. To think that mine is "still in production" is asinine

So I got on chat with an agent who mentioned that they have transitioned all their transports to truck deliveries to speed it up and that they often DC the battery pax while in transit to prevent drain or whatever, so the SA would have no way to GPS the car if that is the case... so I am holding my breath that its still on its way and likely very close to arriving here in Orlando.
I agree completely, there are to many VIN's in my range and higher that have been delivered already or are at the very least scheduled. To think that mine is "still in production" is asinine
Apologies for my ignorance here—I see a lot of comments about the VIN with respect to (I think) build dates. Can I trouble someone to explain that?

Apologies for my ignorance here—I see a lot of comments about the VIN with respect to (I think) build dates. Can I trouble someone to explain that?
The older the VIN the longer ago it was built/produced... VIN's (as far as we can tell) are assigned either just after the car has completed production or in the very final steps of its completion. From there, they are organized for transport to the local SC for delivery to you/us the buyers.

So, in theory, if as we have seen there were at least 3 VIN's delivered in the last week with VIN of 207xxx and currently scheduled VINs of 209xxx then one can surmise that the 207xxx VIN series have all completed production and are enroute to their delivery locations.

So the fact that my SA is unable to GPS locate my car for since the day it was assigned 11 days ago and has no idea where the car currently is, is concerning and just really annoying.

With the full VIN you can put it through the decoder to get the build month/year but for privacy people are only posing the first 3 of the last 6 digits of the VIN. This give us a general idea of where you are in the production...

The older the VIN the longer ago it was built/produced... VIN's (as far as we can tell) are assigned either just after the car has completed production or in the very final steps of its completion. From there, they are organized for transport to the local SC for delivery to you/us the buyers.

So, in theory, if as we have seen there were at least 3 VIN's delivered in the last week with VIN of 207xxx and currently scheduled VINs of 209xxx then one can surmise that the 207xxx VIN series have all completed production and are enroute to their delivery locations.

So the fact that my SA is unable to GPS locate my car for since the day it was assigned 11 days ago and has no idea where the car currently is, is concerning and just really annoying.

With the full VIN you can put it through the decoder to get the build month/year but for privacy people are only posing the first 3 of the last 6 digits of the VIN. This give us a general idea of where you are in the production...
To add a little bit to this - I did some calculations based on Q1 2021 numbers. (bear in mind that these are based on a lot of assumptions so could be wildly wrong) If M3 and MY are built at exactly equal numbers then MY is produced at just under 1,000 per day. If they do runs of specs at 50 vehicles per run then they can do almost 20 runs a day. Given that, the VIN should turn over almost daily. so if my VIN assigned Saturday wa 215, I'd expect Sundays to be 216 and Mondays to be 217.