Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!
I've been reading this forum for a while now trying to figure out when to expect my MY and in the process I have learned so much more...so thanks community!

Here is my timeline:
June 5th: ordered MY, charcoal, 7 seater, 19" wheels
June 5th: SC gave me a delivery date of end of June, Sept latest
June 6th: System says EDD of July/Aug
June 7-18: EDD Sept/Oct
June 20th (at 3AM): Found my car in inventory plus tow hitch- Ordered online
June 20th: 11AM, called SC and asked what to do next...filled out finance application again. I asked for Vin and location and was told it's 214xxx; MY is sitting outside the factory and should be delivered by the weekend
June 21 (today): got a text to confirm delivery date
June 24: will be picking up the MY!!

I wouldn't have known to check inventory if it wasn't for you guys....so extra thanks!

Location: Vancouver, BC (was also checking inventory in Seattle)
Also
Hi!
I've been reading this forum for a while now trying to figure out when to expect my MY and in the process I have learned so much more...so thanks community!

Here is my timeline:
June 5th: ordered MY, charcoal, 7 seater, 19" wheels
June 5th: SC gave me a delivery date of end of June, Sept latest
June 6th: System says EDD of July/Aug
June 7-18: EDD Sept/Oct
June 20th (at 3AM): Found my car in inventory plus tow hitch- Ordered online
June 20th: 11AM, called SC and asked what to do next...filled out finance application again. I asked for Vin and location and was told it's 214xxx; MY is sitting outside the factory and should be delivered by the weekend
June 21 (today): got a text to confirm delivery date
June 24: will be picking up the MY!!

I wouldn't have known to check inventory if it wasn't for you guys....so extra thanks!

Location: Vancouver, BC (was also checking inventory in Seattle)
Oh, it's a MYLR

Also, Prime Day has quite a few Tesla accessories on sale, I'm getting:

Floor mats
Wheel caps
Mud flaps
Matte screen protector (any recs on glass vs film?)

Reactions: BitJam
I really lucked out. I ordered my LR My on June 8th and picked it up on Saturday June 19th. I was not prepared for it to be ready so soon, but I'm not complaining.

The really crappy part was that I curbed my wheel so badly on my way home, that now I need to replace the Right rear tire and wheel. I'm sooooo mad at myself. At least it's just the wheel and tire and i didn't crash it or something. I guess now I'm glad I didn't get the upgraded wheel, because then it would cost me even more to replace a tire with exactly 17 miles on it.

2021 MY LR Blue, white interior, FSD, no Tow hitch 19" Gemini wheels.
The wheel can be repaired (if it’s just rash and not dented). Tire, likely not. Save yourself some $$$.

Ordered 5/5. So far, my EDD has danced as follows... 6/13-6/25, 6/17-6/25, 6/18-6/30, 6/19-6/30, September, 6/19-6/30, 7/4-7/25, 6/21-6/30, 6/22-6/30, now 6/23-6/30... I ended up finding an almost exact build (white instead of black interior) demo with 345 miles that was close enough to transport for free. It's about $2,500 more ($1k for white interior and $1.5k price increase) but I can take delivery on Thursday the 24th. I don't like throwing away $2,500, especially for a demo vs new, but I'm tired of doing the EDD dance... Am I being crazy?

Hey there - yes, we all want our cars. This waiting is painful and only made worse by the stupid switching EDD which toys with our emotions and desire to have a car. My EDD has gone from (well, before today) to September and many places in between, just like you and most others.

And yes we see people getting their cars in days or weeks and wonder "is it the FSD? is it the MYPs?" trying to deduce the logic or make rhyme or reason out of this nonsense.

I am now expecting to have my car in September - I may get it early and may be minutes away from the blue button, but I expect September. Anything earlier than that will be a joy. Is it worth waiting until September? I think so. It is for me. Even without radar, passenger lumbar, or a functioning sentry mode - I still want the car and am willing to wait.

TLDR: I think the expectation for our cars coming soon is what is killing us; embrace the long game and be happy if you get lucky!

Good luck everyone - c'mon team Red!

Hey there - yes, we all want our cars. This waiting is painful and only made worse by the stupid switching EDD which toys with our emotions and desire to have a car. My EDD has gone from (well, before today) to September and many places in between, just like you and most others.

And yes we see people getting their cars in days or weeks and wonder "is it the FSD? is it the MYPs?" trying to deduce the logic or make rhyme or reason out of this nonsense.

I am now expecting to have my car in September - I may get it early and may be minutes away from the blue button, but I expect September. Anything earlier than that will be a joy. Is it worth waiting until September? I think so. It is for me. Even without radar, passenger lumbar, or a functioning sentry mode - I still want the car and am willing to wait.

TLDR: I think the expectation for our cars coming soon is what is killing us; embrace the long game and be happy if you get lucky!

Good luck everyone - c'mon team Red!
what do you mean sentry mode? every tesla has sentry mode and it is functioning..

• Disagree
Reactions: Darblish
Wow, that is really fast. I ordered June 5th, so you ordered after me and already have yours.

Two questions come to mind, sorry if I didn't see a discussion about this in this 14,500+ post thread!

Was your delivery prioritized because of your location (California), or was it because you opted for FSD? Or something else? 'm assuming FSD allows them to recognize more revenue than otherwise, so maybe that helps to prioritize? Has this rang true for anyone else with FSD?
Ordered May 29th. FSD from the get go. EDD has remained "relatively" constant at Mid-Aug to Early-Sep.

Profile is complete other than finalizing the loan.

Don't think FSD has anything to do with it.

Reactions: GregalseT
Unless you order existing inventory it’s almost guaranteed to be a no-radar model. You’ll be asked to agree to the various missing features and restrictions of vision-only autopilot when you get your VIN.
so whats does the no radar actually mean if you can please explain that makes sense because our model 3 we got in feb. can you explain more detailed for me the diff radar and no radar ??

so whats does the no radar actually mean if you can please explain that makes sense because our model 3 we got in feb. can you explain more detailed for me the diff radar and no radar ??
It means the car does not have a radar sensor. It uses cameras only. There are dozens (or more) of threads on here outlining exactly what it means, plus a notice on Tesla’s website: Transitioning to Tesla Vision

My Sentry Mode is working and I have a non-radar car, although I'm not being alerted via the app. It gets triggered by using the horn, and occasionally by vibration caused by closely passing vehicles when parked on the street or in public garages. Nobody has vandalized it - yet, lol. Video is getting saved.
That’s good to know. It seems very inconsistent for those who have reported issues, so probably good to keep an eye on it regardless.

My Sentry Mode is working and I have a non-radar car, although I'm not being alerted via the app. It gets triggered by using the horn, and occasionally by vibration caused by closely passing vehicles when parked on the street or in public garages.
It sounds like your sentry mode is NOT working. The problem is that it's not being triggered by the cameras even though it is being triggered by other things like vibration. An easy test is to enable sentry mode, then set down your keycard and/or phone away from the car. Approach the car and reach for the handle. It should trigger well before you touch the handle. If it doesn't then this is a clear indication that your sentry mode is not working.