Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t trust it will only be a month either. Tesla parts can take notoriously long on back order sometimes I’ve heard horror stories. That situation really sucks. Honestly I’d consider walking but that’s just me.
Lol what were the horror stories? I don't want this to drag out 3 more months of not knowing anything, I'd rather wait for a new car that at least I know i'll get before end of Q3. It boggles me that Tesla (my SA, his boss, and his boss's boss) keeps saying they have no way of contacting the factory for an update on the part (roof glass). What a load of bs

Is there any way I can find out any information on ETA's of Tesla factory parts?

You mean the pterodactyls? If I wasn't an early riser, there'd be no way I would've slept through those things when I lived in Sydney for a year.

Also, have to ask - is Bogan your real last name? My wife uses that term judiciously given us Americans are clueless as to its use in OZ.

I was wondering if any Aussies would pick up on the Bogan reference :) It's a pseudonym.

I called my SA 5 min ago he is off today but his reaction was "WOAH, I'm not at work but im going to stop what im doing and find out what's going on, let me call you back..."

So I am literally sitting on the edge of my seat with a stomach in nots waiting for him to call me back... the EDD changed though to 7/2-17
Ok so same story as before... My car would not arrive before the end of the quarter so essentially they gave it to someone else thats closer to it so they can get the Q2 delivery number in... now im on a "priority list" to get matched and delivered early in July... I am f*cking P*SSED!

Ok so same story as before... My car would not arrive before the end of the quarter so essentially they gave it to someone else thats closer to it so they can get the Q2 delivery number in... now im on a "priority list" to get matched and delivered early in July... I am f*cking P*SSED!
Wow, I’m so sorry. What a crappy customer experience. Surprised they didn’t sugar coat that or make something up that was less… crappy.

wow same BS answer I got. SO sorry to hear that and rightfully 🤬

I am sorry to hear that dude. That is not the right way of doing things.

Wow, I’m so sorry. What a crappy customer experience. Surprised they didn’t sugar coat that or make something up that was less… crappy.
I'm glad they didn't... at least I know what really happened VS some BS answer...
that sucks, sorry
I am seriously beyond any words right now... seeing your experience thinking (naively) that it was a fluke and now seeing it happen to me; you know this is an actually procedure they have in place. they plan for this and are actively working it... its not just something that happened by accident or chance... that I think is the part that really upsets me more than anything... that is just a down right disrespectful business decision.

That's really shitty. The way Tesla does ordering/delivery really needs to change.

I am sorry to hear that dude. That is not the right way of doing things.
Yeah I guess average customers mean nothing, even if we have spent over half a million on their products... you have to be an influencer or a celebrity of some sort to get any sort of respect or a reasonable expectation of customer service.

Yea my HOV sticker will not be stuck on the car - hideous. I'll keep it in the glovebox and take my chances with the cops (or fab a metal plate to mount it to the license plate.) They really don't enforce the HOV lanes anyway in Maryland, at least not on US 50 between Annapolis and DC (and they don't enforce the bikers and others driving 100mph and weaving through traffic either.). BTW, I still haven't mounted my front plate either, lol.
Sounds like they have bigger issues to deal with. I am on the other side up the 270 corridor and rush hour congestion is a beast.

The whole make the end of quarter numbers rush is just crazy. The long term is that the total number of sales stay the same, but the few customers that get punted by this are rightly pissed. I know it is all about pleasing wall street to "make your numbers" but really, what is a handful (hopefully) of cars that this is happening to really doing towards that goal.

The whole make the end of quarter numbers rush is just crazy. The long term is that the total number of sales stay the same, but the few customers that get punted by this are rightly pissed. I know it is all about pleasing wall street to "make your numbers" but really, what is a handful (hopefully) of cars that this is happening to really doing towards that goal.
exactly, unless they are doing this on a massive scale the number of people they piss off far exceeds the number of positive deliveries they will get. And anyone that knows anything about customer service, retention etc knows for every 1 detractive customer you need no less than 10 positive customer to make up for the bad word of mouth they will spread...

It's an inefficient way to run your manufacturing. Everyone does it to some degree, though. The burden to the supply chain and your partners, plus the internal expediting must be insane. Very counter to demand flow theories as well.

Reactions: und2000
Wow, if I didn’t know any better before, this absolutely confirms that they give ZERO f*cks about customer service/retention!