Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well BudPop is finally here, named after our two dogs. Car is wonderful, no unexpected panel gaps or paint issues. Pre Charged 50%. Didn't have to meet anyone for any paperwork or sign anything. Thankfully the SC performed state inspection so I can simply go pay the tax when the remaining documents come in the mail.

Plastic trim over the front passenger wheel well was loose, I popped it in. Plastic Trim on top right corner inside rear tailgate was a bit loose, I snagged it in place. Couple of tape pieces here and there. Only service appointment will be for them to clean some of the inner liners, dirty on driver side, passenger sun shade, rear right passenger area. Doors are a bit harder to close right now but I imagine they will get smoother after some use. Autopilot cameras calibrated in about 8-9 miles. All auto-navigate features turned on except the couple of known issues (smart summon, emergency lane avoidance). Haven't tested Sentry yet. Car goes to shop tomorrow morning to get ppf, tinting, ceramic coating. Will get to drive it after a week lol.

Huge THANK YOU to a number of people on this forum!! Too many to name, but here's a few, sorry if I forgot someone. @elguapo @DayTrippin @BitJam @digitalboi @casey1202 @sgalla04 I couldn't have gone through this experience relatively stress free if it wasn't for y'all. Thank you!!

IMG_2150[1].JPG

Last edited:
well BudPop is finally here, named after our two dogs. Car is wonderful, no unexpected panel gaps or paint issues. Pre Charged 50%. Didn't have to meet anyone for any paperwork or sign anything. Thankfully the SC performed inspection so I can simply go pay the tax when the remaining documents come in the mail.

Plastic trim over the front passenger wheel well was loose, I popped it in. Plastic Trim on top right corner inside rear tailgate was a bit loose, I snagged it in place. Couple of tape pieces here and there. Only service appointment will be for them to clean some of the inner liners, dirty on driver side, passenger sun shade, rear right passenger area. Doors are a bit harder to close right now but I imagine they will get smoother after some use. Autopilot cameras calibrated in about 8-9 miles. All auto-navigate features turned on except the couple of known issues (smart summon, emergency lane avoidance). Haven't tested Sentry yet. Car goes to shop tomorrow morning to get ppf, tinting, ceramic coating. Will get to drive it after a week lol.

View attachment 677326
I’ve never been a red car person but I have to say this car is STUNNINGLY beautiful. Congrats.

Well, my original 6/25 delivery that was pushed to 6/26 is now 6/29 (earliest) hoping it doesn’t get delayed past that. That train derailment in Wyoming that was suppose to only delay for 36 hours had them asking me to reschedule to Tuesday. I said I had an appointment for PPF that I had already rescheduled to Monday and asked if they could have it ready Monday. So I’m looking at 4pm Monday now.

well BudPop is finally here, named after our two dogs. Car is wonderful, no unexpected panel gaps or paint issues. Pre Charged 50%. Didn't have to meet anyone for any paperwork or sign anything. Thankfully the SC performed inspection so I can simply go pay the tax when the remaining documents come in the mail.

View attachment 677326

Sounds like panel gaps and paint issues are a lot less of a thing now! Happy to hear!

Awful and sorry to hear that. Only response I have is it took me three tries, five orders and three different Ys to actually get my delivery. The point is, we all know Tesla PRE delivery and communication suck. The cars are worth the wait but you have to be beyond patient (or willing to pay for an MYP) to get your car.

Keep checking inventory. At this point, nothing they do surprises me. It’s all about investors, not customers.
Trust me I looked, I even found one that matched my build. But I have a preorder reservation so my pricing is 6500 lower than what they are selling for now (FSD was only 5k then) and I am not about to give away that much money just to get an inventory car. 😡

Thanks! Still no response from Elon... not that im surprised... I have submitted the tip to some Tesla news sites to see if they are interested in the story so at least hopefully if at all else, they will stop doing this *sugar* in the future and no one else has to go through this mess!

I have seen 2 different people post about picking up the exact same config as mine from the exact same delivery location even though they placed their order 20+ days after me. I wonder what SAs/DAs are smoking
ouch... thats awful... have you tried to contact anyone? not that it would do a damn bit of good... but sometimes its nice to at least let people know you are alive and waiting for a car...

ouch... thats awful... have you tried to contact anyone? not that it would do a damn bit of good... but sometimes its nice to at least let people know you are alive and waiting for a car...
yes. Spoke to a DA 2 hours back she said it depends on a lot of factors and probably those cars would have been demo cars. I didn't see any point in arguing with her cos I know it wouldn't help. Those cars were not demos.

So I just spoke to my SA and she said that she sees my vehicle on a sheet that indicates pre-production but she does not see a VIN or ETA associated about it. She didn't really want to guess a time-frame but did say she thinks sometime in July. This is for a 5/21 MYLR order. Just wondering if anybody else has heard of them being on a "sheet" of sorts? EDD says July 19th - August 8th, but I know to take that with a grain of salt.

@digitalboi i am a Twitter nobody and liked/replied/retweeted you.

I know we are all at the start of the Tesla experience, but this has me concerned about service and other elements thereafter. When a company has this bad of a CS experience, unfortunately it may spill to other departments too.

I know the risk for subsequent issues is low, because EVs have virtually no maintenance and Tesla is great with the OTA updates etc. But what if there is a recall on something, or a major defect.

I am going through this now with Hyundai, as there is a recall on my Kona EV battery. The purchase experience was effortless, and now They have rolled out the red carpet and I can’t help but think what would the Tesla equivalent be in the same scenario.
This will be my third Tesla, I havent had any issues with my M3 but my MS was in the shop for about 11 months (not a defect but rather a show-boating husband) and I can say that they did go out of their way to make it up to me for it all taking so long. But that was also before there was even a M3 for sale so the company was much smaller then and service on a whole was a completely different experience. I can't really comment now as I dont have any thing to report on... which I'd say is good on its own lol.

Reactions: BitJam and dsandhu
Just an update on delivery of this car - I consider myself one of the lucky ones. In addition to getting the car earlier than expected, delivery went very smoothly. My wife and I had lunch at a restaurant down the street prior to delivery, and it was exciting to pull up the Tesla app on my phone and see "my" car getting charged!

I went through the checklist and everything was pretty much perfect. Only a few minor flaws to report:
  • Hood is very slightly shifted to the driver side, like maybe a millimeter. All other panel gaps and lights are flush and flawless
  • Detailer forgot to take the plastic film off the "Model Y" on passenger door sill
  • There are two small road rash nicks in the front bumper - maybe 1/16" in diameter. I'm guessing it was on the front of the transporter truck and took some hits on the drive out here. Not happy about it, but I figure that even with PPF it's not going to be pristine for long, so I let it slide, and maybe my PPF installer can buff it out.
I will say that touchless delivery felt a bit...cold. Like something was missing. This is a major transaction and it felt oddly inhuman. There was a dude sitting at a computer inside and I gave him the signed paperwork (title application, odometer, POA, bill of sale, tax certificate, etc) and asked for a copy of it - he said I didn't need that because "it would be in my online account", which of course it wasn't and isn't, but he did make copies for me. But he otherwise seemed a bit overly chill. Guess that's the Tesla vibe.

Other than that, driving home was awesome. I got out of Autopilot jail within maybe 10 miles, it works better than expected so far. Just one instance of it braking a bit late and a bit hard for my comfort for stopped traffic. But it adapts speed very naturally when cars change to your lane in front of you or cut you off, unlike my other car with radar adaptive cruise control, which panic brakes when it finally sees the car that moved in front of it. No rattles, ride is plenty smooth (I'm coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so everything feels smoother LOL).

Got the home charger installed yesterday and getting PPF for the bumper installed Monday.

I know there are some head shaking stories about Tesla customer "service" on this forum, and I feel bad for people who experience that, but I wanted to pass along one that they mostly got right.
Contrats! Looks Good!! 🎉

That is so messed up. That’s what happens when a company prioritizes hitting numbers. Unfortunately they can get away with this since there’s no competition. I am going through a similar situation where I was supposed to take delivery of mine last weekend but the roof glass came damaged from transit and the glass is a major back-order so they won’t provide any sort of timeframe. They haven’t offered any help for me- no loaner, no discounts, no upgrades. They just said either 1) I wait for that to come in stock or 2) hope that someone doesn’t pick up their matching build to my MY and I’ll be “next in line” for that.
Are you able to take delivery of it with the glass broken or will they not let you even have the car till its fixed?

Reactions: arbetter
well BudPop is finally here, named after our two dogs. Car is wonderful, no unexpected panel gaps or paint issues. Pre Charged 50%. Didn't have to meet anyone for any paperwork or sign anything. Thankfully the SC performed state inspection so I can simply go pay the tax when the remaining documents come in the mail.

Huge THANK YOU to a number of people on this forum!! Too many to name, but here's a few, sorry if I forgot someone. @elguapo @DayTrippin @BitJam @digitalboi @casey1202 @sgalla04 I couldn't have gone through this experience relatively stress free if it wasn't for y'all. Thank you!!

View attachment 677326
Looks absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats! 🎉 Hope you get out for a few fun drives after the PPF et al is complete! ❤️

Reactions: aditgarg
Hey everyone! First post, hopefully this is the right thread for this comment. Ordered a Model Y yesterday, Long Range, White Exterior, Black/White Interior with tow hitch. Original delivery estimate was September, this morning it was updated to July 8 - 28, pretty excited of the earlier date.

Any tips for a newbie here? Suggested threads to check out on here, recommended accessories for the Y....etc?

Looking forward to being a regular on here!

Reactions: BitJam
So I just spoke to my SA and she said that she sees my vehicle on a sheet that indicates pre-production but she does not see a VIN or ETA associated about it. She didn't really want to guess a time-frame but did say she thinks sometime in July. This is for a 5/21 MYLR order. Just wondering if anybody else has heard of them being on a "sheet" of sorts? EDD says July 19th - August 8th, but I know to take that with a grain of salt.
I talked to my SA last week during the "e-mail glitch" and got the same response. However for me today the EDD on the web has changed to September. With any luck, you get yours soon!

Hey everyone! First post, hopefully this is the right thread for this comment. Ordered a Model Y yesterday, Long Range, White Exterior, Black/White Interior with tow hitch. Original delivery estimate was September, this morning it was updated to July 8 - 28, pretty excited of the earlier date.

Any tips for a newbie here? Suggested threads to check out on here, recommended accessories for the Y....etc?

Looking forward to being a regular on here!
Give up on the earlier date and just know in your heart that it will be the last day of September before you see your car. #IfYouAreLucky ROFL

Give up on the earlier date and just know in your heart that it will be the last day of September before you see your car. #IfYouAreLucky ROFL
Lol, yea reading some of these posts I see what you mean. I havent even driven the Y yet but was eager to get an order in. Going for a test drive of the Y this weekend and I imagine it will just cause my eagerness for delivery date to increase even more.