Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was just the down payment not the remaining balance of the whole car. I was set to receive it the next morning and had just spoke to the SA.
I guess that makes it a little better in my eyes but personally Tesla isn't getting another penny from me besides my $100 order until I see it in front of me and it is in acceptable condition... then I'll either hand over a cashiers check or do the ACH transfer to pay the balance but there's no way I'm making myself hostage.

While I'm waiting for Model 3 I was looking into Console wrap to protect scratch on console. Does anyone have experience on these kind of console wrap? I'm afraid sticker will damage console too.
Welcome to TMC.

1. This is the Model Y forum fyi, but center consoles are all the same across 3/Y so hopefully you get some advice
2. You didn't put your car/order info in the description. Are you buying a used Model 3? If you're buying new, know that your Model 3 center console is the new revised design, so the wrap you proposed won't work
3. The new center consoles are no longer piano finish, so they naturally hide finger prints and minor scratches (a little bit). Your photo provides no info on the brand of wrap, type of adhesive, so unlikely anyone will know if that brand of wrap/adhesive will damage the console

Reactions: moe0059 and BitJam
Tesla at the very least owes you another key card. They should throw in a key fob as well considering your frankly unacceptable delivery experience.

My car came with USB stick / Sentry working as expected, but I haven't tried to break into the car yet. Incidents are being recorded; I just haven't verified that ALL incidents are being recorded.
My sentry mode is not working and I did not get a USB stick however I purchased my own and formatted it in the car. One of the few things I have to ask when the Mobile Service shows up tomorrow morning.

you can see the wide variance of my ED in my signature, luckily it hasn't changed since settling on late july/ August. It won't stop me from refreshing my order page on Tesla's website 3000 times a day though LOL.
Our EDD is very similar. That actually brings me a little bit of peace, since we have similar order dates and both having it delivered to Illinois. Brings a little order to the chaos.

Reactions: ajs847 and BitJam
I
How did you get it for 72 months? Looks like their site only has 65 months as the longest.
I'm curious about this, as well. Tesla responded as follows...

RateMatch​

Wed, Jun 9, 3:41 PM
to me, RateMatch
Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your question. We are unable to provide the rate match to 65 months. DCU provides a different rate for 72 months and we would need an updated approval.

My sentry mode is not working and I did not get a USB stick however I purchased my own and formatted it in the car. One of the few things I have to ask when the Mobile Service shows up tomorrow morning.
I tested Sentry this morning (BTW, Airplane Mode does not prevent the car from sensing your Phone Key.). I tried the rear door handles with no reaction from the car. I tried the front handles, and the screen powered up and said something like place your card key on the B pillar (not the exact words.) No flashing of lights or anything acknowledging / warning a potential perp.

What are the benefits of going with Tesla over a 3rd party?
I think the primary benefit is you don't have to do the leg work of signing up, communicating (and waiting on hold) with DCU, getting mailed the check and carrying the check to Tesla at delivery center.

Some people have the check sent directly to Tesla, and they provide Tesla with the tracking info. So basically just more admin work: the type of work that a dealership generally provides as a service, which end up being the customer's job since this is Tesla. Others on here have done both Tesla financing, DCU check sent to Tesla, and DCU check hand carried to Tesla. Maybe they can chime in with their experiences and recommendations.

Also, assuming you have a loan for $40k, it's about a $22 difference in monthly payments for 72 month loan between 2.49% and 1.25%. It makes a difference, certainly. But it's a huge delta in APR, small delta (in my opinion) in monthly payment due to length of loan and size of loan. It's not like home mortgage where 1% ends up being a massive saving.

I think the primary benefit is you don't have to do the leg work of signing up, communicating (and waiting on hold) with DCU, getting mailed the check and carrying the check to Tesla at delivery center.

Some people have the check sent directly to Tesla, and they provide Tesla with the tracking info. So basically just more admin work: the type of work that a dealership generally provides as a service, which end up being the customer's job since this is Tesla. Others on here have done both Tesla financing, DCU check sent to Tesla, and DCU check hand carried to Tesla. Maybe they can chime in with their experiences and recommendations.

Also, assuming you have a loan for $40k, it's about a $22 difference in monthly payments for 72 month loan between 2.49% and 1.25%. It makes a difference, certainly. But it's a huge delta in APR, small delta (in my opinion) in monthly payment due to length of loan and size of loan. It's not like home mortgage where 1% ends up being a massive saving.
So in order to have tesla match your rate you must apply to both and get approved?

One thing to consider is your interest paid. Using DCU calculator (and I understand these are estimates, so ball park)

$40,000
0 down

1.24% 65 - $637/mo total interest $1,379
2.49% 72 - $599/mo total interest $3,104

Delta $1,725

For those wanting Acceleration boost, it's almost right there :)

-edit I transposed the 1379 for the delta calc - fixed

For the first two weeks after my 6/13 order, my EDD jumped all over the place - from June 27-30 to the non-specific September. For the last 4 or 5 days it has been holding steady at Aug 3 -Aug 23. I'm still 5 weeks from the beginning of that time frame. Advisor said she hoped we would get a VIN assigned in July.
Waiting is the hardest part......
I'm dang near pushing October now! Each day for the last four my EDD has been creeping back.

We've had a M3 for 19,3xx miles now. Really looking forward to the MY! The car it's replacing is still running ok but I am worried about depreciation as I drive ~30-35k/yr. Was originally offered 6.5 and they've already backed that down to 6.0.

Ordered 5/29. Black/White 5 LR no tow 20". EDD 8/25-9/24 as of this AM

Congrats on your delivery! Sucks that you had a poor experience with the shipping company. Clearly the truck driver isn't the smartest of the bunch (miscalculating by four hours, confusing Walmart w/ Albertsons, losing a key, etc.)

@digitalboi and many others, this begins to scratch the surface of all the "questionable practices" that Tesla employ: Tesla uses questionable practices in its intense end-of-quarter push - Electrek
Yeah that's a very similar article to the one that Teslarati ran. They interviewed me for that one... glad to know other sites are reporting the story as well... Supports my Tweet to Elon (that still has no response 🙄