Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @maus92! In the past on long road trips I've found that my dogs love to stick their heads out the windows but they tire of it quickly at highway speeds so most of the driving is done with the windows closed. But the ability to have them get that rush even for a little while is key. I realize YMMVG.
You need to open one of the front windows a crack. I don’t have any rattling, but it sounds like I am in a chopper when I only open the back windows for my dog. When I crack a front one as well, air flow is smooth and all is good. FWIW, happens in my X and old Audi too.

Reactions: BitJam
Lol, I'm sure a lot of people do

In Aus it is common practice to ask people you think are from either America or Canada if they are Canadian but NOT American. Canadians sometimes sigh and roll their eyes so many people err on the side of caution and go with Canadian as the default.

Generally Americans didn't care if they were asked if they were Canadian, but the other way round could cause consternation.

I feel for our Brothers and Sisters to the North always being asked around the world if they are Yanks.

You need to open one of the front windows a crack. I don’t have any rattling, but it sounds like I am in a chopper when I only open the back windows for my dog. When I crack a front one as well, air flow is smooth and all is good.
Yep. That is what I was experiencing. Thanks everyone for pointing me to the simple and easy solution! Honestly I had never experienced this before.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Anyone else notice this with their model Y? At highway speeds with one or both rear windows open the car shakes like crazy almost as if it has a flat tire.

PS: I'm told it's normal. Maybe I can find a window configuration that makes it tolerable. My dog was not a fan of the car when it first arrived, seeing it as a threat to his "flock". It was hard to coax him inside. But rear windows down at highway speeds may have made him a big fan. I remember when I was first taking him around in my old car. It took about half a dozen trips before he figured out that it was fun to hold his head out the window.

Besides the vibration problem the car drives like a dream. I had one phantom braking incident on the highway when the pavement changed. Not much traffic here so it was no big deal. The car just eats up miles on the highway with the AP on most of the time. It feels like a new world is opening up for me.
We have a pup too so I know exactly what your talking about and its normal for all cars not just Tesla. To fix it its easy just crack even a 1/2 inch one of the front windows. This will alleviate the negative pressure inside the car that you are experiencing. Seems like some people notice stuff like that and others dont... Even the slightest pressure change drives me mad but my husband is oblivious even when its like what you are describing... LOL

EDIT: Sorry posted this before I read the multiple others providing the resolution ROFL 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for asking! I got a quote for this work on Monday (yesterday) which I accepted. Something like $2.4K for 100A and $2.9K for 200A. These prices include the 14-50 charger at the driveway. They have to bring in power from the street. I choose 200A since I will probably want to get central air installed at some point. They were optimistic about getting the work done this week. It depends on them getting the parts and materials. They seem legit. The guy who runs the company is a neighbor of the woman at the bank who helped me wire the money to Tesla. As a lark I asked her if she knew of a good electrician. They rewired her house and she highly recommends them. A similar thing happened when I got a new roof about 10 years ago. I found someone by word of mouth and they were great.

The car came fully charged (which was probably not a great idea). It still has 285 miles on it. If it gets low before my 14-50 charger is installed then I will try to use the charging station downtown which has two 6.6kW stalls/plugs (is that the right word?). It's mostly empty. Currently (haha) I'm not worried about charging.
The 6.6 kW charge stations might give you 15-20 miles of range per hour - how far away are they from your house? You might need to leave the car for a bit.

Reactions: cancoi
In Aus it is common practice to ask people you think are from either America or Canada if they are Canadian but NOT American. Canadians sometimes sigh and roll their eyes so many people err on the side of caution and go with Canadian as the default.

Generally Americans didn't care if they were asked if they were Canadian, but the other way round could cause consternation.

I feel for our Brothers and Sisters to the North always being asked around the world if they are Yanks.
Technically, Canadians and Mexicans are Americans.

LAST DAY OF THE QUARTER!

I hope many people here take delivery toda!
Being totally selfish I am just ready for today to be over so we can be in Q3 and start focusing on all the folks that got left behind in Q2 #IWantmyMYAlready

I am going to bother my SA today to see if the 7/1 production date still holds true for my order 🙏🏻❤️🤞🏻 that is still with an EDD of September (he did tell me to ignore the EDD)

I noticed the Google spreadsheet tracker does not include the Reservation Number. Curious why that was left off, am I supposed to keep it a secret?

Really curious if there is any correlation between the RN and delivery date (clearly I haven't read all 776 pages of this thread - sorry if this has been discussed before)

I noticed the Google spreadsheet tracker does not include the Reservation Number. Curious why that was left off, am I supposed to keep it a secret?

Really curious if there is any correlation between the RN and delivery date (clearly I haven't read all 776 pages of this thread - sorry if this has been discussed before)
Ah, I remember the good old days (back in mid-April) when this thread was 10 pages....