Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, concur. I enjoy reading this thread and catching up with what all the “regulars” are up to with regards to their Tesla orders. They’re like the parents or founding fathers (and mothers) of the saga that is the Model Y waiting period.
I got my Y (199x) three weeks ago and I’m still here to see people get some closure!

Ouch... I feel you... incredibly frustrating

Hang in there. I’m rooting for you big time

What was your order date and config?
Thank you everyone! I got the car today around 7:30-8pm PST. No notification at all. Just got the accept delivery button on my account. Looked outside the window and didn't see the car. Called the Colma center and they told me which intersection the car is parked near to. I live in an apartment and it was parked nearby. Did a very high level inspection. Have very minor flaws I think. I will upload few pics to get the opinion of the experts on this forum. Got the front mudflaps installed. Since this is my first tesla, I am quite overwhelmed with the controls. Drove it round the block nervously :)

Very pleased that tesla was able to deliver after today mornings scare!

Here are a couple of pics.
Image 1: Car looks cool. I had rented a nissan armada and also drove my brothers Audi Q7 just a few days back. After that the model y seems smaller. Definitely bigger than my cx5.
Image 2: There is a gap in the passenger seat and it's black plastic back. It is quite noticeable and I was able to insert 3 fingers in it.
Image 3, 4, 5: The alignment is not perfect and gaps are bigger than expected. Do I need to be worried about these?
Image 6: There was water in the tail light.

The black roof is a dust magnet. It came clean and within a few hours I could see a layer of dust already. Car is parked in a gated garage but there is ventilation window right in front of the car, probably that's why.

I kept an amazon box in the trunk and I was able to easily see inside through the rear glass. Can someone please recommend a trunk cover or something to keep my stuff safe.

I haven't done a full inspection yet as today was really tiring. Hopefully I will be able to do it tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 9E720990-666C-4187-B307-A6F329E074E5.jpeg
    9E720990-666C-4187-B307-A6F329E074E5.jpeg
    804.3 KB · Views: 66
  • B86D4C85-EA4D-4B13-84B6-AB19E8587105.jpeg
    B86D4C85-EA4D-4B13-84B6-AB19E8587105.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 65
  • B47FA661-DB24-4371-AC5E-738A98B50BB5.jpeg
    B47FA661-DB24-4371-AC5E-738A98B50BB5.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 9E53EB29-B598-40E3-BD22-657A5CC7033B.jpeg
    9E53EB29-B598-40E3-BD22-657A5CC7033B.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 842371EF-0B55-4741-9F94-836E1ACD2EF8.jpeg
    842371EF-0B55-4741-9F94-836E1ACD2EF8.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 3C8BEAAA-4634-4E3D-A671-5B045085D0DC.jpeg
    3C8BEAAA-4634-4E3D-A671-5B045085D0DC.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
You’ll lose a lot of good info (and people) if you do that. Typically, there isn’t a new thread for every quarter. That would be super confusing. Especially because many folks wait more than a quarter. So, I’d advise not to do that, but, of course, you’re free to create as many threads as you’d like.

If folks are just jumping in, it’s easy to start from the newest page. And if they want some history, they can always look back. No one is required to start on page 1.
Yup, I don’t necessarily disagree. This thread was just started in April and I think all can agree that Q2 was not a normal quarter even for Tesla (radar delays and such, near zero deliveries in early May). I’m cool to let this beast grow. We’ll soon hit 2000 pages though (by year end I’m sure).

Reactions: dsandhu and elguapo
My current EDD has been holding steady - late July early August. I haven’t yet applied for financing given the randomness of VIN assignments and delivery. I’ll likely go with a CU or USAA but since the approvals are only valid for a limited time, I’m thinking maybe Tesla financing could be the way to go if they can rate match. For those who’ve done this, how long is their financing approval good for? If I did that now, will they honor it even if delivery is 30+ days out?

My current EDD has been holding steady - late July early August. I haven’t yet applied for financing given the randomness of VIN assignments and delivery. I’ll likely go with a CU or USAA but since the approvals are only valid for a limited time, I’m thinking maybe Tesla financing could be the way to go if they can rate match. For those who’ve done this, how long is their financing approval good for? If I did that now, will they honor it even if delivery is 30+ days out?
Tesla financing offer is good for 60 days typically

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Thank you everyone! I got the car today around 7:30-8pm PST. No notification at all. Just got the accept delivery button on my account. Looked outside the window and didn't see the car. Called the Colma center and they told me which intersection the car is parked near to. I live in an apartment and it was parked nearby. Did a very high level inspection. Have very minor flaws I think. I will upload few pics to get the opinion of the experts on this forum. Got the front mudflaps installed. Since this is my first tesla, I am quite overwhelmed with the controls. Drove it round the block nervously :)

Very pleased that tesla was able to deliver after today mornings scare!
After your rollercoaster ride yesterday, really glad you got your delivery! Let us know how the resolutions go on the panel gaps and other minor issues.