Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw the update from Elon/Tesla that all the 3/Y with FSD will get a new UI, so maybe that is creating some Q3 delays?? Again, "who knows"
But wouldn't that type of update be handled through an OTA update, and not necessitate a hold on shipping?

There's so many Tesla Youtubers and others with insider contacts that you'd think any delay reason would be found out sooner rather than later. But like you say, who knows?

I just saw the update from Elon/Tesla that all the 3/Y with FSD will get a new UI, so maybe that is creating some Q3 delays?? Again, "who knows"
I saw that you will be able to see what FSD sees on your screen. I hope that wouldn't be the reason why they are delaying, that is 100% something that could a software update.....unless they are updating processors or something.

But wouldn't that type of update be handled through an OTA update, and not necessitate a hold on shipping?

There's so many Tesla Youtubers and others with insider contacts that you'd think any delay reason would be found out sooner rather than later. But like you say, who knows?
Possibly because they are installing the new firmware at the factory to be shipped with, while others will get it in an update. But frankly i doubt this is the reason, but who knows.

Ordered 5/31 edd moved back 6 days today to August 07 - August 27. Selling my car this weekend so hopefully there’s dates change soon.
Hopefully you didn't sell your only car. I made that mistake early May and sold my car when my Model Y was expected to be delivered May 25th.. Here I am July 7th with no Model Y still and a huge bill from rental cars

Hi, I ordered LR MY white with black interior and induction wheels on May 2. EDD was set for June 12 and of course started slipping, for a week now its been at September, not even a date just September. So cal area!
Same exact configuration, SoCal area too. Called my SA yesterday and she said that my EDD window July 9-28 shows it'll be more like July 15-16. I don't believe anything they say anymore tbh, I ordered 4/30 lol. So incredibly unacceptable. Meanwhile there's people on the east coast that have been getting their MYLR 2-4 weeks after order. Almost 10 weeks and no VIN here smh

Reactions: JR9386 and gniss39
Has anyone seen their EDD extend by a week at a time over the last two weeks? Going into the last week of the Q2 my EDD fluctuated between 7/15 and 8/6. Starting on July 1st it slipped tor a range or 7/23 to 8/12. Now today it slipped further to 7/30 to 8/19. No sign of a VIN and unable to reach anyone at the SC.

Hopefully you didn't sell your only car. I made that mistake early May and sold my car when my Model Y was expected to be delivered May 25th.. Here I am July 7th with no Model Y still and a huge bill from rental cars
I walked away from a deal for my current car because of Tesla delays. I contemplated doing what you did, but Tesla’s uncertainty is too much to plan around.

I walked away from a deal for my current car because of Tesla delays. I contemplated doing what you did, but Tesla’s uncertainty is too much to plan around.
sold my BMW in May before ordering something new because my company still has no idea when we'll come back into the office and my wife said she's willing to share her car with me.

2 months in and she's more eager for me to get the MY than I am! I'm happy sitting here saving my monthly payment every month lol.

Yeah I know there are more moving parts. I am just glad I found someone else that has a similar build, order date and getting delivered to the same delivery center with a similar EDD.

I hope we doing get pushed back just because of the price tag, but Tesla would do that. Since Tesla uses rail, you would think that they would put them on the same trains as all the cars going to the east coast. So using that logic should have a delivery before east coast people, but that is the logic I use to keep sane.

I wouldn't have cared so much if I didn't have a 6/18-6/25 EDD at one point and have my SA tell me I should complete everything to get priority for the end of quarter push. But now I need it....gimme now.
So around the 20th or so of last month my SA said they had switched all their transport from rail to truck to try and speed up the delivery process. Not sure if they are continuing that now that the quarter is over but if they are still moving only on truck cross country it would impact that assumption.

Same exact configuration, SoCal area too. Called my SA yesterday and she said that my EDD window July 9-28 shows it'll be more like July 15-16. I don't believe anything they say anymore tbh, I ordered 4/30 lol. So incredibly unacceptable. Meanwhile there's people on the east coast that have been getting their MYLR 2-4 weeks after order. Almost 10 weeks and no VIN here smh
Not everyone on the east has gotten their car... LOL I have been teased with a VIN only to have it taken away (like a few others here) only to get a second VIN with an EDD of September... so, yeah...

OK, so small update... called the SC and got a helpful gent on the phone. He did some digging and found the logistics team contact info and sent them an email asking for an update since its been a week with a VIN and no EDD update (on my or their side). He said it would take them between 24/48 hours to respond (magic number anyone?) So hopefully we should get some sort of an update by the end of the week... 🤞🏻

OK, so small update... called the SC and got a helpful gent on the phone. He did some digging and found the logistics team contact info and sent them an email asking for an update since its been a week with a VIN and no EDD update (on my or their side). He said it would take them between 24/48 hours to respond (magic number anyone?) So hopefully we should get some sort of an update by the end of the week... 🤞🏻
I'm wondering if they have to use 24/48 hours as a response since two weeks is already taken.

Same here, so it's nice (well not nice considering we don't have our cars) to hear another MYP order with a similar EDD. Fingers crossed 🤞
These EDDs are all over the place - you two are half a nation apart and have similar dates. You and I are two hours apart and ordered w/i a day of each other and EDDs are a month apart.

Really interested to see how this all plays out when Tesla stops doing whatever it is they're currently doing and starts routine production.

These EDDs are all over the place - you two are half a nation apart and have similar dates. You and I are two hours apart and ordered w/i a day of each other and EDDs are a month apart.

Really interested to see how this all plays out when Tesla stops doing whatever it is they're currently doing and starts routine production.
Speculation would say a MYP run soon, although I thought the MY production was steady. Patience is a characteristic that I don't believe will ever suit me. We are also waiting on an S and that's not happening quickly either. My wife doesn't care how long it takes, so I have to come here for people that can relate.

Reactions: BitJam and hcdavis3