Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD pushed for the generic September this morning. Anyone else get this?
I had a Model Y on hold; released the hold in late June based on NJ offering Point of Sale rebate as of 7/6/21. I received a VIN and delivery date the week of 7/4 till 7/11, called the Lawrence NJ Service Center and related I was traveling the holiday week and asked for a more specific date. He pinged the car and relayed that it was on a train currently in the Reno NV area. I checked Monday and bam, my VIN no longer existed on the website, newly scheduled delivery was Aug 3rd thru Aug 28th. Today it is vaguely September delivery. Has anyone experienced similar?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Just another day of not understanding what drives the EDD. I don’t get why it even exists, it fluctuates way to much to add any real value. I think it is to toy with people’s emotions to sell their inventory MYPs. That’s all that it is good for.

That being said mine is the same for the past week now, 8/4-8/24. Maybe second thought it is becoming my accurate, although that wouldn’t explain why people with orders after me and further from the factory have an earlier EDD, especially when Chicago is a huge rail hub. And the fact there are April orders out there is ridiculous, they should be first on the list no matter the location.

My EDD shifted from Aug 22 - Sept 11 to Aug9-29 this morning.

What makes this tough isn't the waiting, it's that I could pull the trigger on one of the many great offers I have for my trade in and pocket $20k in equity if I had a definite date. Or even a steady range of dates.
The used car situation isn’t going to change that much in a month. I wouldn’t worry

My EDD shifted from Aug 22 - Sept 11 to Aug9-29 this morning.

What makes this tough isn't the waiting, it's that I could pull the trigger on one of the many great offers I have for my trade in and pocket $20k in equity if I had a definite date. Or even a steady range of dates.
Based on what I have been reading lately, new car sales are struggling. They cannot get enough inventory and this is likely to last at least a few months if not longer. Meanwhile, all the used vehicles are getting sucked up. Dealers are actually looking at FB/Craigslist etc and buying from private parties. Hopefully for those of us looking to unload a used vehicle once we get our MY, the value will increase or at least not drop.

I had a Model Y on hold; released the hold in late June based on NJ offering Point of Sale rebate as of 7/6/21. I received a VIN and delivery date the week of 7/4 till 7/11, called the Lawrence NJ Service Center and related I was traveling the holiday week and asked for a more specific date. He pinged the car and relayed that it was on a train currently in the Reno NV area. I checked Monday and bam, my VIN no longer existed on the website, newly scheduled delivery was Aug 3rd thru Aug 28th. Today it is vaguely September delivery. Has anyone experienced similar?
Yup, exact same thing happened to a bunch of us though it was at the end of Q2 and we had actual delivery appointments set with the SC...

Another day of checking, another day of no VIN updates. Ordered 05/15 EDD is (currently 07/11 - 07/31)

black/black/5s/Gemini wheels.

just so tired of wanting something so badly lol

Very similar. The front end of my EDD window keeps moving back one day but the back date has been steady. We'll see. Somebody had mentioned employees taking time off this week which wouldn't be too surprising after the big end of Q2 push. I actually don't mind if that is the case, but I'm hopefully we see some big progress next week.

As a side note, component shortages continue being a huge issue in my related industry. I wouldn't be surprised if we see sporadic delays all over the place for the next year. Qualifying and testing alternate parts, alternative suppliers, and keeping production moving is a huge challenge. A process which is generally predictable now has so many moving parts that it's difficult to guarantee anything. Not looking to excuse Tesla's poor communication and expectation setting that has been very apparent throughout this thread. Definitely a challenging time for predictable production, though.

My question is specific for New Yorkers, or States where the EV incentive has been changed during their wait time. The NY EV credit was reduced from $2,000 to $500 for the MYLR on June 30, 2021. On the Tesla site, under price details, it still shows $2,000.00. I assume this will be correct upon final payment/Delivery? Thank you!

I gained access to the SEPTEMBER CLUB this morning as well. Order date 5/22

My question is specific for New Yorkers, or States where the EV incentive has been changed during their wait time. The NY EV credit was reduced from $2,000 to $500 for the MYLR on June 30, 2021. On the Tesla site, under price details, it still shows $2,000.00. I assume this will be correct upon final payment/Delivery? Thank you!

I gained access to the SEPTEMBER CLUB this morning as well. Order date 5/22
It’s updated on Tesla’s site to reflect $500.
Had to take delivery on or before 6/30.

Reactions: suprax
It’s updated on Tesla’s site to reflect $500.
Had to take delivery on or before 6/30.
This image is from a minute ago. I am sure it is just a glitch like everything else on the Tesla site.

Attachments

• Order Details.jpg
    Order Details.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 78