Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Model Y on hold; released the hold in late June based on NJ offering Point of Sale rebate as of 7/6/21. I received a VIN and delivery date the week of 7/4 till 7/11, called the Lawrence NJ Service Center and related I was traveling the holiday week and asked for a more specific date. He pinged the car and relayed that it was on a train currently in the Reno NV area. I checked Monday and bam, my VIN no longer existed on the website, newly scheduled delivery was Aug 3rd thru Aug 28th. Today it is vaguely September delivery. Has anyone experienced similar?
I had a similar situation. I had my order on hold for a while and released the hold around mid June. I was assigned a VIN soon after and an EDD of 7/4-7-10. I added insurance and bought accessories of course. Logged in two days later to find no VIN and a September EDD. Now I have a new VIN, but it still says September. According to Lawrence NJ Tesla September is most likely accurate based on how they deliver quarterly.

I believe that the NJ rebate will only apply to orders made on or after 7/6/2021. So any orders placed on hold have to be cancelled and a new order has to be placed. Lawrence NJ Tesla told me that and I have read it too, but definitely check with them before you change anything just in case. I decided to just keep my order and miss the rebate since the price will go up anyway and eat up most of the $2k rebate. Still a sales tax free purchase though either way since NJ doesn't tax EV sales.

I have a vacation planned for the tail end of my current EDD, anyone know how long they are willing to hold the car? I would be away about a week.
I would call your SA. I had this concern for my Model Y delivered in June since we would be gone for a week. I called him before and he seemed willing to work with me on timing, so long as I would come get it the Monday after our vacation week. In the end, it ended up being a non-issue. I received the notification it was ready while I was on vacation, then I had a 5 day window when selecting the pickup date which were all the week after we returned. In the end we picked it up with no issues, but it did seem like the SA was willing to work with us, based on calling and talking with him a few weeks before we left.

I just got off the phone with a SA. He told me not to expect my MYP until the EOQ. He cited how the beginning of the quarters have an International focus and shifts to Domestic. I thought that was just a 3 thing...but he said it's for the Y as well.

Guess my EDD of 7/20-8/4 doesn't mean anything, who woulda thought. :)

Take it for what it is, just passing along.

• Informative
Reactions: und2000 and GOVA
I just got off the phone with a SA. He told me not to expect my MYP until the EOQ. He cited how the beginning of the quarters have an International focus and shifts to Domestic. I thought that was just a 3 thing...but he said it's for the Y as well.

Considering the only "international" market the Y is sold in currently is Canada, and we know for a fact they deliver to them through out the quarter, that does not make any sense...

That would be unfortunate considering I'm about to hit 8 week mark and was really hoping to get car before starting job mid-August. Let alone for those poor folks who ordered in April :(

Reactions: und2000 and ajs847
on Google Chrome, you get to the page showing your order, right click on the page & select "view page source", then hit control F to pull up the search function. I search for 5YJ which is the start of every Tesla VIN.

Did that work for you? I thought that didn't work anymore.

I just use the Chrome Distil web monitor for changes and have it email me when any change happens to the frame that contains the EDD and other information that could change.

Considering the only "international" market the Y is sold in currently is Canada, and we know for a fact they deliver to them through out the quarter, that does not make any sense...
I'll be honest, I don't know nearly as much about the logistics of the process as you guys. I just wanted to pass it on and let you sift through any credibility. I just started the indoctrination process 5/28 lol

And realistically if thats what they are considering for shipping based on distance, its only a two hour shorter time from freemont to Miami than it is to Quebec LOL

Did that work for you? I thought that didn't work anymore.

I just use the Chrome Distil web monitor for changes and have it email me when any change happens to the frame that contains the EDD and other information that could change.
not sure if it worked or not really. I can search, but I don't find a VIN. So I don't really know if there just hasn't been a VIN assigned or if the process doesn't work anymore. It appears that I can search for other keys within the page source. Maybe they don't put the VIN there anymore???

Took my order off hold today (it was on Hold until Oct. 5, 2021) and no estimated delivery timeframe showing yet. Hoping for Sept. delivery and the new headlights.

Yes the new headlights are shipping with the performance. I chose the Long Range so I'm out of luck.

Performance = new adaptive headlights

USA Long Range and Standard range have the older lights.
The (Fremont) US Version of LR and Standard have no plans of getting the Adaptive headlights and have plenty being supplied.

The Performance has the new headlights and when they switch the Performance to Texas, they will get the new batteries as well.

GigaFremont will continue with LR MY.

Chinese and German Model Y's are supposed to begin with the new batteries and International (adaptive) headlights as they are legal there.

Reactions: BitJam
Sorry to disappoint but you won't get the adaptive headlights unless you buy a MYP.
I'm not sure how to tell the new headlights, but I ordered a MYLR and all of the graphics showing my car on website and in app all look different now.

Even the background doesn't blend anymore when I open the app. It used to be all black with the car on it.

Attachments

• 4A58453F-D6D1-4692-8671-C69DD41D6FA4.png
    4A58453F-D6D1-4692-8671-C69DD41D6FA4.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 99
I'm not sure how to tell the new headlights, but I ordered a MYLR and all of the graphics showing my car on website and in app all look different now.

Even the background doesn't blend anymore when I open the app. It used to be all black with the car on it.

Attachments

• B92C0FA0-DA0D-44E0-A901-4A4473380353.jpeg
    B92C0FA0-DA0D-44E0-A901-4A4473380353.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: hcdavis3