Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else besides me placed there order without going for a test drive or even sitting inside the MY?
Yes, booked online without any second thoughts.

Here goes our story ..
Since the pandemic, me and my wife both have been working from home, two cars, one of them; Acura RDX's battery drained completely, for few days, on couple of trips to grocery stores, I used jump starter, finally took it to service center as I had to get state inspection done, battery was replaced under warranty but I spent close to $1k on timing belt repair, which was totally unexpected, it's only 6 years old and close to 50k on miles, good enough reason for me, we can't wait anymore, we have been in fact waiting to replace it with CyberTruck, we don't think that would happen anytime soon, though we booked it immediately after the launch.

I see a lot of Model Ys on the road these days. One day, it was parked just next to our RDX, almost identical in size. In fact we never had seriously considered Model Y, we had always thought it could be much smaller, delicate, never cared to compare the size. Watched couple of YouTube videos and of course bumped on to many articles, discussions in this forum, I had no idea Model Y was so popular. It was good enough for me, no need for a test drive, I booked/completed profile on 6/24, now waiting eagerly like everyone else, not worried about EDD though, which is 08/16-9/05.

We use RDX for getting one or the other garden supply from nurseries, home depot, almost every other week. I have even lugged multiple 12"x8' lumber boards, PVC pipes, with trunk closed, one end of the long lumber boards between front seats over arm rest almost touching dashboard. Though we do place card boards, pillows in delicate areas inside cabin on occasions like these, I don't think we will ever take Model Y through this, oh man, cotton burr compost is the worst, we are thinking maybe use rental trucks for a while or use home shipping.

Yep that price was from one of the best shops in the area, and I shopped around a lot. Only downside is it will take 6 days as opposed to the usual 3-4 days. Can’t rush perfection!
Yep that price was from one of the best shops in the area, and I shopped around a lot. Only downside is it will take 6 days as opposed to the usual 3-4 days. Can’t rush perfection!
For that quote, I would be willing to wait too!

First off, im pretty proud of myself, I only checked my EDD once yesterday, so…yay me.

this morning i went from 12-30 Sept back to a generic “October” EDD.

Surprisingly I feel like this is probably not the worst thing since the sense that I am getting is that the generic EDD shifts to “September” and now “October” precede larger adjustments to EDD, so hopefully there is some better movement.

Not sure that I am emotionally prepared for it to move backwards any more than it already has