Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tyson's Corner, from what I've read here I may never hear from them and they don't pick up the phone. I emailed them about 8 days ago and have had no reply other than the autoreply saying they received my email and give them 48 hours. I'm tempted to try to move it to Rockville even though it's farther away. I probably have at least three months to wait so I'm not too worried about it now.
I also ordered from Tysons on 6/21 (MYLR 5 seats, White exterior and Black interior, upgraded wheels). My EDD is 8/26 - 9/6.

Reactions: curlette461
I have Tyson's Corner, from what I've read here I may never hear from them and they don't pick up the phone. I emailed them about 8 days ago and have had no reply other than the autoreply saying they received my email and give them 48 hours. I'm tempted to try to move it to Rockville even though it's farther away. I probably have at least three months to wait so I'm not too worried about it now.
Hey buddy, I am with you on Tysons Corner. I ended up calling Richmond SC, dude there was super helpful. I did ask about switching from Tysons to Richmond, he gave me a pretty firm, “you don't want to do that”. As a fellow Tysons castaway, recommend calling Rockville and just seeing if one of their SAs will adopt you.

funniest part of the whole thing, i kept hoping for some way to give Tysons feedback to the effect of “you suck” but you dont get the customer service survey unless you actually talk to someone. At Tysons you can never talk to anybody, hence - Tysons get to walk around with a “thats a whole lot of not my problem” attitudes re: their customer service.

on the flip side, Richmond got a very complimentary survey from this guy

Great explanation. I’ve got the NEMA 14-50 setup as well, in preparation for the Tesla. Open standards will provide many benefits down the road. And +1 on the differentiation between connector and charger. That’s a pet peeve of mine as well, almost as bad as the confusion people seem to have between kW and kWh.

One thing I’d like to add though is that any car can use a Tesla Wall Connector. They just need the Tesla to J1772 adapter. Same with Tesla destination chargers, just need the adapter and it’s open to all.
That 14-50 outlet should give options in your garage if you need to to plug in a compressor, welder or shop heater. You have to decide which load gets power at any given point.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have yet to see a car drive itself
Look on YouTube for Waymo. There is a guy that has a large number of videos of him using their taxi service in Arizona. It picks you up in the supermarket parking lot, navigates out to the street and takes you to your destination. Just like any taxi, the passenger sits in the back. There is nobody in the driver’s seat and no safety person in the passenger seat.
I hadn’t realized that they progressed this far.
Pretty amazing.

Hey buddy, I am with you on Tysons Corner. I ended up calling Richmond SC, dude there was super helpful. I did ask about switching from Tysons to Richmond, he gave me a pretty firm, “you don't want to do that”. As a fellow Tysons castaway, recommend calling Rockville and just seeing if one of their SAs will adopt you.

funniest part of the whole thing, i kept hoping for some way to give Tysons feedback to the effect of “you suck” but you dont get the customer service survey unless you actually talk to someone. At Tysons you can never talk to anybody, hence - Tysons get to walk around with a “thats a whole lot of not my problem” attitudes re: their customer service.

on the flip side, Richmond got a very complimentary survey from this guy
Wow - I dodged a bullet then. I am almost exactly in between the two SCs and normally would default to Tysons, but figured buying a car in the state I actually live in might make things easier. The SA I was given is very responsive, so seems like I definitely made the right choice.

How do you find out who your SA is?
I have only been in contact with the sales rep at the actual store in the mall. He is great but doesn’t know about timelines

Your SA is generally somebody who works at the closest Tesla store to your address, so there’s a chance the sales rep you’ve been working with at the store in the mall might be your SA. However to know for sure, call or visit your local/closest Tesla store and ask any of the sales people in there if they can look up your SA.

Other way to find out is to email [email protected] and ask them. The person responding may just tell you the above info about calling or going into your local store, but they can also look this up. I didn’t ask, but the Tesla rep who replied to my auto finance email (about resetting my payment option on my account) gave my my SA’s contact info and copied her on the email. She then reset my payment option on my account the next day.

Reactions: Carwhat?
Order - May 17 2021; VIN - 7/18/2021 - 232XXX
Long Range, Solid Black, 20’’ Induction Wheels, All Black Five Seat Interior, Autopilot
Wow, only difference from us is Color, mine is MSM and thats really gonna delay me further!? I hope to get lucky and see that blue button/VIN soon. Account still showing late Sept. Guys in Milford service center say on their end looks like mid Aug but still, thats a ways away. Ugh

Wow - I dodged a bullet then. I am almost exactly in between the two SCs and normally would default to Tysons, but figured buying a car in the state I actually live in might make things easier. The SA I was given is very responsive, so seems like I definitely made the right choice.
The 'problem' is I live in Southern Maryland, Rockville is almost two hours away and I'd have to ride the beltway all the way around Washington. So on any given day I might actually be 5 hours away! And I really, really don't want to be driving a brand new Tesla on the DC roads with construction, rocks, and gravel all over the place until I can get it protected a little bit.

Hi. so I learned that I have a SA in the Vegas area who I text with (he's responsive) and a delivery team at the local facility where I'll (eventually) pick up my car in Mt Kisco, NY. Both are "great resources for me," according to the email from the Mt Kisco guy I got late last week. On Sunday, I sent an email with some questions to my Mt K guy and he replied within an hour! Last week, my EDD was in 2 weeks. Now, it's "early September" and that's where it seems to be sticking for the last 4 days after changing almost every day over the past month.

Regarding timing, here's what he wrote: "In the grand scheme of Tesla orders, your order is considered “new” but will be fulfilled by the end of September. "

I had also asked if I need to buy a front license plate holder and was told that my MY will come with one. woohoo!

Reactions: MTBevrider
I was a little concerned about buying out of state, but since EVs are exempt from the Maryland emissions inspection I think it'll be ok. I double checked the tax on my order and it was the Maryland tax, which is lower than Virginia.