Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Afternoon everybody.

My name is Josh, and I have a problem.

My EDD has remained consistent for the last 3 Days (9 -29 Sept). I was doing decent enough at not checking as much, but i couldnt help myself today.

You see, today was the day the SA said that my MY was supposed to start being built. I figured that maybe today was the day I see a beautiful blue button? Maybe a delightful alphanumeric code as well?

So far, there has been no change - but i feel like if i keep hitting refresh every 10 minutes it will magically appear.

I know that I shouldnt.

It will not stop me from doing it though.

My EDD has remained consistent for the last 3 Days (9 -29 Sept). I was doing decent enough at not checking as much, but i couldnt help myself today.

You see, today was the day the SA said that my MY was supposed to start being built. I figured that maybe today was the day I see a beautiful blue button? Maybe a delightful alphanumeric code as well?

So far, there has been no change - but i feel like if i keep hitting refresh every 10 minutes it will magically appear.

I know that I shouldnt.

Hi Josh, my name is Allen and I have the same problem. I refresh my order page every 5 minutes, 10 minutes is rookie numbers, you gotta pump 'em up!

I know that I shouldnt.

Hi Josh,

my name is John and I placed my order just on the 7/15/21 and I have a EDD for October, can you imagine how I feel? 3 months for October and it’s going to feel like a year!

I know that I shouldnt.

You may have seen this if you've read through older posts in this thread but like others I set up Distill (Distill.io is the URL--also has an app) It monitors for changes on a website so you can get notified if something updates (like your EDD dates :D). I was playing the refresh every couple minutes game for a while but now I just check the site right away in the morning (7AM CST is when they typically update EDDs). I sometimes check during the day depending on whats going on here but generally I just wait for a notifcation/text from Distill. It can really save your mental health!

I am getting the sense that their EDD system is stabilizing and becoming more consistent with less dramatic changes (obviously there is an exception to everything).

Reactions: iratre and bcuzYnot
Plenty of reasons why someone had to reject a car: financing issues, scheduling conflicts, or QC quabbles. Or maybe the wait was so damn long that their need for a new Tesla order was no longer there.

If you reject the car, I'm sure there will be hundreds of customers looking to take it off of Tesla's hands. I'll just say it: if you don't need a car, don't buy the car. Wait if it helps you feel more confident. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for the sanity check. We already sold the Model S but fortunately work from home and my Dad has an extra car for us to borrow, if needed. It was actually more difficult than I expected to reject a car. No one at two SC answers the phone, whether sales, service, or delivery. Today was my SA's day off but he was kind enough to respond and instruct me to respond to the auto-generated delivery text and state I want to be unmatched. SA didn't say how many miles are on the car but did confirm it only had the "standard HVAC". Hope someone else can get their Y sooner now and will be much happier. :)

I know that I shouldnt.

Good afternoon Josh,

Once upon a time I was like you. And then I received the "delightful" alphanumeric number. You would think that would be cause for celebration but sadly it has only made things worse. I received my VIN after 2+ months of waiting/checking and now there are 2+ weeks until "D" day. It's horrifying, I check minute by minute to ensure I've not lost it all...
If there are delays in the shipment - will they take away my VIN?
Financing expired and had to reset it all - will they take away my VIN?
Trade in complications - had to call SC several times to clear it up, I may have been annoying - will they take away my VIN?
I uploaded insurance info right after getting the button...but it won't let me submit so I'm going to have to call them again - will they take away my VIN?
If some influencer or celebrity with my same specs complains to Elon - will they take away my VIN?
Should they read this post - will they take away my VIN?
For God only knows what reason will they take away my VIN?!!!

So be prepared once you receive your VIN - it's hell.

is anyone planning on taking advantage of the federal tax credit for home EV chargers? (up to $1000 or 30% of the cost of the charging solution including installation expense).

Trying to figure out the restrictions (income, itemized deductions, etc.)
It's a pretty simple one, and just verify the instructions on that form. Basically, you are good as long as you are installing it at your primary residence and putting it into service this year.

Reactions: ajs847
It's a pretty simple one, and just verify the instructions on that form. Basically, you are good as long as you are installing it at your primary residence and putting it into service this year.
My wife and I jointly file and itemize our deductions, just worried we might run into a restriction by trying to take the credit since we blow past the standard deduction by so much.

Reactions: mikef85
My wife and I jointly file and itemize our deductions, just worried we might run into a restriction by trying to take the credit since we blow past the standard deduction by so much.
Unrelated to itemized or standard deduction. Once you get to taxable income and the calculated tax, the credit is then a subtraction from the total taxes you owe. No income limitations on it that I can find. Not sure how Alternative Minimum Tax affects it yet - just haven't done the research, but for most everyone, AMT is no longer an issue. (I'm a CPA in Georgia)

Good afternoon Josh,

Once upon a time I was like you. And then I received the "delightful" alphanumeric number. You would think that would be cause for celebration but sadly it has only made things worse. I received my VIN after 2+ months of waiting/checking and now there are 2+ weeks until "D" day. It's horrifying, I check minute by minute to ensure I've not lost it all...
If there are delays in the shipment - will they take away my VIN?
Financing expired and had to reset it all - will they take away my VIN?
Trade in complications - had to call SC several times to clear it up, I may have been annoying - will they take away my VIN?
I uploaded insurance info right after getting the button...but it won't let me submit so I'm going to have to call them again - will they take away my VIN?
If some influencer or celebrity with my same specs complains to Elon - will they take away my VIN?
Should they read this post - will they take away my VIN?
For God only knows what reason will they take away my VIN?!!!

So be prepared once you receive your VIN - it's hell.

I got a VIN once. Then they took it away. It was diverted to someone else because of "logistics". Now my EDD which was consistently July 12-July 29 is now August 5 - 20. Being sold a bill of goods by the SA.

I'm about to cancel my order.

For those of you fortunate enough to have received the blue button and/or ViN, can you share a screenshot of where this is shown?

I refresh literally hundreds of times a day, on my phone, and literally haven’t closed out of this forum or the Tesla order screen since ordering. Would be helpful to see exactly where this magical button and VIN will appear😍

Reactions: ev_ts_newbie
Unrelated to itemized or standard deduction. Once you get to taxable income and the calculated tax, the credit is then a subtraction from the total taxes you owe. No income limitations on it that I can find. Not sure how Alternative Minimum Tax affects it yet - just haven't done the research, but for most everyone, AMT is no longer an issue. (I'm a CPA in Georgia)
Nice to have an actual resource here lol. I was told we are good as long as it is put into service this year and it's at our primary residence. I didn't clarify that in my last post because of assumptions. I also know they're paying plenty of taxes lol.