Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'll be fine, it's already more than fine for every single person on this forum. We are alive and healthy amongst really troubling times for mankind world wide. In fact we are blessed to buy a rather expensive car when literally millions are worried about how they will pay their mortgage/rent/grocery etc.
Thank you for putting this all into perspective, sincerely.

And now back to dealing with my anxiety :p :p :p :p

Owed taxes aren't the same as paid taxes. If you owe $5000 in taxes and only pay $4500 in taxes over the year you will still owe $500 at the end of the year (April). However if you have a credit of $1000 (EV/tax credit whatever) then you will have your owed taxes decreased from $5000 to $4000 and then you will get a refund of $500 in taxes because you paid $4500 out of your pay checks over the year.

There is no reason to change your W4 unless you really don't want Uncle Sam earning interest in a few dollar you'll plan to claim back at the end of the year.
Thats good explanation. thanks.
Lets say I owe $1000 taxes and I paid $2000, so Ideally I have to get $1000 back.

case 1: If my EV credit is $1000, then I will get $2000 back, right?

Case 2: If my EV credit is $2000, in this case i will get only $2000, right?

I don't believe so. If they change it from a DC pick up to Home Delivery, they will just deliver and there is no fee from everything I have seen (no complaints from others). This is for their convenience and not yours. They should not be charging.
A friend just notified me that she was charged $12 for home delivery. I mean, it's not much but still ridiculous. After paying it she then received an app notification that Supercharging has been disabled due to unpaid fees despite having a credit card on her account.

I only had good experiences during our Model S ownership but this Model Y saga is dragging down my view of Tesla.

Reactions: iratre
Thats good explanation. thanks.
Lets say I owe $1000 taxes and I paid $2000, so Ideally I have to get $1000 back.

case 1: If my EV credit is $1000, then I will get $2000 back, right?

Case 2: If my EV credit is $2000, in this case i will get only $2000, right?
Correct. The tax credit is not refundable. Meaning if you don't have the tax liability to start with, you won't get money back beyond what you already paid in taxes.

Easiest way to see that is if you paid and owed $6000 in taxes, and bought a Mach-E and applied for the $7500 tax credit, you will only get $6000 of the credit. Since you didn't have a tax liability => $7500 to begin with. If you paid no taxes all year and owed $6000, and filed for the $7500 tax credit then you would owe nothing, but also get nothing over the $6000 that you owed.

Reactions: onlymovies
Even after scheduling my pickup, still i am checking my order details.. WHY?
I've been warning people. I scheduled mine and then checked and my VIN was removed. My scheduled date and time were still there until I asked my SA where my VIN went. After he got back to me they must have reset it and the EDD is now a month later then where it was when I got the VIN. Could have been gone for a few days as far as I know.

Probably will be the first and last Tesla I'll ever buy. Once the other makers catch up, no one is dropping 70k on an SUV to get treated like this.

1626994741686.png

Crazy seeing images like this when so many are waiting so long for their cars...I wonder if something else is going on we don't know about? In the grand scheme of things I know it isn't really much more than a couple hundred cars and they are delivering 200,000 per quarter now worldwide. But still...hopefully all of us waiting so long see some good news in the next couple days!

View attachment 687039

Crazy seeing images like this when so many are waiting so long for their cars...I wonder if something else is going on we don't know about? In the grand scheme of things I know it isn't really much more than a couple hundred cars and they are delivering 200,000 per quarter now worldwide. But still...hopefully all of us waiting so long see some good news in the next couple days!
My guess is it's the logistics of getting them moved. Trains, trucks, whatever have to be scheduled, loaded, etc. Just my guess.

There's this big old boat that you are in, and it appears that I am in the same exact boat!
You would think getting a VIN would end the agony, but it seems to have only made it worse.
You would think once you get that magical "blue button" you could move on with your life.
But no, there are more blue buttons!!! I want to push that last blue button, but I cannot.
I must wait. Sunday at noon, delivery day. Will the button let me push it at noon on Saturday?
What if noon comes and goes and I cannot push the button?
Will I even be able to sleep Saturday night?

View attachment 686988
For fun, I activated the button by hacking the page. Yes, it's a sad, sad state of affairs..