Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the Pi thing your talking about?
Yes, I followed
for my install. He's really thorough and makes it easy to follow if your not very familiar with Pi
I have a Synology NAS so I configured mine to store the recordings there and sync the music files from my music share and it works like a charm!

Packing up the MY for its first road trip! AP isn't even calibrated yet LOL

Looking forward to a solid 5 hours of drive time to get a good feel for it and the differences between the M3 (with radar) and the new MY. I am super excited about the extra range, we should be able to hop from v3 SC to v3 SC instead of having to stop at the v2 as we do with the M3.

I've got the new floor mats installed, carseat protective mats, seat back covers (to keep little feet from ruining the seat backs), puddle projection lights, wheel locks, RasberriPi Sentry auto upload & Music storage, Tint appointment is set for next week and the PPF is for the week after. Wish I didn't have to take such a long trip on the highway before the PPF but it can't be helped.
How is the RPi working out for wireless Sentry backups? I also have a Synology NAS and a spare RPi Zero W sitting around and am considering putting it to work. However, I’m reading some issues with the car going to sleep too soon and cutting power to the RPi? Do you encounter this issue?

I like the earlier implementations of Sentry Mode where it just kept filling up the drive instead of looping for one hour. They should detect the size of the drive and delete oldest files when the drive is at 90% full.

Last edited:
Is this the Pi thing your talking about?
Can we do this using Dropbox? Anyone know. I have a business plan and have quite a lot of storage space. Since I’m already paying for this, wondering if it’s something I can use instead of the other option mentioned here above.