Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same dates as you (I’ve been stuck with those dates for the whole week now) and ordered in Austin. Maybe we will get ours around the same time!
Hopefully! I am curious if the consistency in the EDD over the last 2 weeks means those dates are accurate. Perhaps I will reach out to my SA and see what he says. I can't seem to find any answers to that Q online.

In other news, I followed my spouse to the auto glass shop this morning so she could drop her car off to get her windshield replaced and a car in front of me on 59 threw up a rock that chipped my windshield..because why not? And this is the car I'm trading in to Tesla... ugh.. really need this Model Y to get here already before anything really bad happens to my trade in

Reactions: potter287
Hopefully! I am curious if the consistency in the EDD over the last 2 weeks means those dates are accurate. Perhaps I will reach out to my SA and see what he says. I can't seem to find any answers to that Q online.

In other news, I followed my spouse to the auto glass shop this morning so she could drop her car off to get her windshield replaced and a car in front of me on 59 threw up a rock that chipped my windshield..because why not? And this is the car I'm trading in to Tesla... ugh.. really need this Model Y to get here already before anything really bad happens to my trade in
I hope for the same. With all my EDD changes or the last month have fallen somewhere between the first and 2nd week of august so that’s what I was mentally preparing myself for! Keep posted on what you find out from your SA. Mine went MIA on me and I hate to keep pestering him.

I keep having nightmares about crashing my M3 before selling it, I told my husband I shouldn’t drive it for awhile 😂

Reactions: PatrickTM
When you say completed profile, that means uploading your insurance and drivers license, right? Right now, I just have the "agreements" button, but it's gryed out.
Then you are already completed. There were quite a few that did not upload the DL and insurance yet. From what I heard from the store SA and manager this is quite common that users procrastinate up to a few months when placing an order to fill this out unaware this impacts delivery time with the queue.

Reactions: MBx4

Tesla won't care about a chipped windshield. They just send the car to auction, figure it as a discount to the customer.

Can we do this using Dropbox? Anyone know. I have a business plan and have quite a lot of storage space. Since I’m already paying for this, wondering if it’s something I can use instead of the other option mentioned here above.
No, not with this setup. If you know programming you could probably figure out how to do it as im sure its possible. But this is configured to save/sync with a windows share on the local network.

Reactions: PatrickTM
No change for me today. Almost a week without movement, but I guess that’s better than heading backwards! Love seeing so many get their VINs, hopefully more on the way soon.
No change for almost 2 weeks for 6/20 white on white order MYLR. Called Tesla near me and they confirmed same dates i see on website. 8/27-9/16. No additional info, asked for any additional insight and he said it’s gonna be closer to 9/16 than 8/27…

was hoping to get at least a factory build date…

Not a EDD update, but Tesla just released a software update 2021.24. Wifi while driving and Dashcam improvements are very nice.

Remain connected to Wi-Fi in drive​

“To remain connected to Wi-Fi when shifting into gear, tap the Wi-Fi icon > Wi-Fi Settings > Remain Connected in Drive. This is especially useful for users who wish to use their hotspots for connectivity.”

Disney+​

“You can now watch Disney+ in the Tesla Theater app. To launch Tesla Theater, tap the Entertainment icon in the Application Launcher and select the Theater tab while your car is in PARK.”

Car Wash Mode​

“Car Wash Mode closes all windows, locks the charge port and disables windshield wipers, sentry mode, walk-away door locks and parking sensor chimes. For automatic car washes with conveyor belts, the Free Roll option shifts to Neutral and prevents the parking brake from automatically applying if you leave. To access Car Wash Mode, tap Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode.”

Mirror Auto Dim​

“You can now enable or disable automatic dimming for your mirrors. To access, tap Controls > Mirror > Mirror Auto Dim.”

Dashcam improvements​

“Dashcam can now automatically save clips whenever your vehicle detects the occurrence of a safety event (such as an accident or airbag deployment) Recordings captured are stored and never transmitted to Tesla. To opt-in, tap Controls > Safety & Security > Dashcam > AUTO To, lead more about how to setup and use Dashcam, please refer to the Owner’s Manual.”

Range display​

“You can now switch between battery percentage and distance units by tapping the range display next to the battery icon.”

1627572295998.png

What kind of carseat protective mats and seat back covers did you get? I'm picking up my Model Y on Monday August 2nd at 2pm in Richmond. I ordered it on 6/2 (White ET/Black IN, LR, 7 Seats, Tow, 20 inch wheels, AP; VIN 233XXX).
I ordered these
Smart eLf Car Seat Protector + Backseat Car Organizer Kick Mat, Large & Waterproof 600D Fabric Child Auto CarSeat Protectors Saver for Baby Sit with S

and these

Royal Oxford Luxury Baby Car Seat Protector, Gorilla 900 Oxford

There was another thread in here with people talking about seats and these were recommended by a few people. I really like them so far! They look good and they offer a good amount of protection while still allowing the boys to buckle themselves in.

Grats on your VIN and impending delivery!!!

Not a EDD update, but Tesla just released a software update 2021.24. Wifi while driving and Dashcam improvements are very nice.

“To remain connected to Wi-Fi when shifting into gear, tap the Wi-Fi icon > Wi-Fi Settings > Remain Connected in Drive. This is especially useful for users who wish to use their hotspots for connectivity.”

Disney+​

“You can now watch Disney+ in the Tesla Theater app. To launch Tesla Theater, tap the Entertainment icon in the Application Launcher and select the Theater tab while your car is in PARK.”

Car Wash Mode​

“Car Wash Mode closes all windows, locks the charge port and disables windshield wipers, sentry mode, walk-away door locks and parking sensor chimes. For automatic car washes with conveyor belts, the Free Roll option shifts to Neutral and prevents the parking brake from automatically applying if you leave. To access Car Wash Mode, tap Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode.”

Mirror Auto Dim​

“You can now enable or disable automatic dimming for your mirrors. To access, tap Controls > Mirror > Mirror Auto Dim.”

Dashcam improvements​

“Dashcam can now automatically save clips whenever your vehicle detects the occurrence of a safety event (such as an accident or airbag deployment) Recordings captured are stored and never transmitted to Tesla. To opt-in, tap Controls > Safety & Security > Dashcam > AUTO To, lead more about how to setup and use Dashcam, please refer to the Owner’s Manual.”

Range display​

“You can now switch between battery percentage and distance units by tapping the range display next to the battery icon.”

View attachment 689525
very nice on the range display improvement. i'm a percent guy, but sometimes i like the miles setting so it's nice to be able to simply toggle between the two

Reactions: iratre

Disney+​

Car Wash Mode​

Mirror Auto Dim​

Dashcam improvements​

Range display​

View attachment 689525
Nice.

Everybody in the Air Force has a Model Y, they issue them when you complete OTS. They used to issue Model 3s but that caused an issue with golf clubs so they had to upsize. (Ok, that's the setup for your free shot!)

In all seriousness, I work on a Navy base now and I hardly ever see them, either on base or even in the local area. I live in one of the strangest places in America. It's a little peninsula surrounded by water on three sides so there's NO through-traffic, no cities, and DC sits at the top of the peninsula like a cork on a bottle. So we're totally isolated down here yet only 65 miles from DC and it's like living in the middle of Kansas surrounded by farms. I see a Tesla maybe twice a week, max. And there's TONS of money here because it's a flight test and Naval aviation procurement and program office base, heavily weighted to officers and higher rated civil servants--engineers, program managers, folks like that. But for whatever reason hardly any Teslas around.
My last assignment (Air Force Procurement) at LA AFB in El Segundo, CA was space acquisitions. Now they're Space Force, probably 80%+ officer and GS. In my unit alone we had two Teslas! A classic Model S 100D and a "classic" Model 3 Performance stealth.

But if you see a Mustang GT500 or F-250 Powerstroke Diesel, you can bet that's an E-6! Haha funny enough it's always the majors and colonels driving these 2003 Honda Accords (usually gold/beige, peeling paint, etc.)

• Funny
Reactions: iratre and ajs847
So how long did it take for people to get a delivery text after receiving a VIN?
saw my VIN at 6am and got a delivery scheduling text & email around 8am! however, they did tell me that nothing is confirmed until the car passes the pre-delivery vehicle inspection at the delivery center.

Any April orders get a VIN? My EDD shifted another day 8/13-8/30
It appears from following this thread, Tesla seems to have forgotten about NC. April 21 order MSM/ Black/ 20/ No FSD or tow…and NO vin. Currently sitting at EDD of 13-26 Aug but either the front end or both have pushed back one day every day for the last week. Called the number for Tesla delivery assistance (posted several days ago) and their response was everything but informative.