Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After several changes back and forth, my EDD has stayed at 8/26-9/14 for the last 8 days. This is the longest it has not changed. I hope this is real. I called the SC and one SA told me it looks like I’m getting a VIn around mid Aug 🤞
I’m happy for all of those got their VINs this week and hopefully I join soon.

785CACF7-A208-4388-8EF6-6BE0877C396E.jpeg

Successfully delivered! No major issues, no gaps and happy to have it here. Thanks for the support from this group (through all 1000+ pages!)! Other observations… no PPF, no mud flaps. Will park in the garage for the weekend before taking it for ceramic and PPF on Monday. My 11 YO son wanted to call it ironclad before I mentioned it was aluminium…name to come soon!

Thanks! Sept is still a way's out for me but wanted to make sure I have things ready. Don't want to run into a situation where I don't select the right option or something fast enough and lose the car.
The crazy thing is, you'd think shelling out all this cash would be incentive enough for Tesla to deliver you a vehicle, but ah, that's just the beginning...

View attachment 690100
Successfully delivered! No major issues, no gaps and happy to have it here. Thanks for the support from this group (through all 1000+ pages!)! Other observations… no PPF, no mud flaps. Will park in the garage for the weekend before taking it for ceramic and PPF on Monday. My 11 YO son wanted to call it ironclad before I mentioned it was aluminium…name to come soon!
Listen to your kid- sounds better than Alclad.

If I get it I'll probably wait six months or so, so it'll be like getting a whole new car again. Because let's face it, the normal acceleration is going to be great anyhow. I figure I might as well enjoy that sensation for a while, then if I want to do it all over again with the boost.
I was actually thinking of doing something similar, plus it would be a nice Christmas or birthday present to myself hahahaha

Don’t tell my wife acceleration boost isn’t worth it… I spent $50k to replace my challenger hellcat (707 horsepower) engine with a hellephant (1001 horsepower) when I blew the engine and decided the $5k rebuild wasn’t worth it so I sprang for the hellephant. ($30k engine, $20k labor and tuning and dialing it in)
Lots of others have mentioned this sorta thing in the past... that it cost way more than 2k to get that much drop in your 0-60 when your doing performance tuning on an ICE car...

Here's a question for those of you farther along in the process than I am. When I ordered I selected 'cash' as folks here advised, and because I really wasn't sure whether I'd pay cash, bring third party financing, or use Tesla financing--most likely third party financing. And folks have said it's easy to get that updated to whatever the final answer is via your SA.

However, my delivery center will be Tyco, which apparently means effectively I have no SA; they don't answer emails or answer the phone, and they're almost two hours away. So for folks farther along in the process, at some point when a VIN is assigned or wherever will I get an electronic option to select or change my purchasing method?

Also, if I end up doing Tesla financing because it's easier will that include a down payment or do they finance the whole thing?
They have to call you when they confirm the delivery appointment. They confirmed with me at that time that I was doing Cash so at the very WORST if you are doing third party financing you could tell them at that time so they can update it and you bring them the bank check

Reactions: PatrickTM and Wigan