Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wait......conductor + conduit is cheaper than DRYWALL ? Don't think so !!
I'd go for drywall replacement......it's easier and cheaper.
But then, the wife might throw a shoe.
We moved into the house last spring, painted everything, fixed all the drywall in the basement (previous owners had 101 pictures hung up on the walls)… and put stupid money into the basement by creating a media room (in wall speakers and a 85” 4k Samsung), a bar and a gym. Definitely done messing it up then fixing it. If there’s a route for the conduit around the finished parts - it’s going there - price to run the conduit through the ceiling with a couple cuts was $2500 so a grand to preserve the basement is worth it

I was actually thinking of doing something similar, plus it would be a nice Christmas or birthday present to myself hahahaha
That's exactly how I was thinking of it, getting two Christmas presents instead of 1! I may even not keep it after 24 hours or whatever it is, but it seems to me like the best way to evaluate its true value to me is after I'm used to the baseline performance of the car. I have an electric car, really a plug-in hybrid, but its performance not only isn't in the same zip code, it's not on the same planet. But I do love the car.

Dang I thought I had a long run. When I was preliminary planning what it would look like I thought the run would be about 100 feet. But the electrician found a nice route through our unfinished portion of our basement. And a few of our quotes that we got were in that $2500-$3000 range but was able to get it down to $1200 because the shorter run. Those material costs are real

oh absolutely. I have a detached garage so I had to go underground about 50 feet, the 6 gauge cable prices are no joke. I luckily had a friend who is an electrician so labor costs were nil. All in all with the wall charger (only about 140 with utilities rebates, and other materials Everything was like 600)

Last edited:
6C1503EE-2923-4ED4-BC58-39DDB1036B48.png

Is this on everyone else’s page? I never seen this before or I never noticed it cause I just focus on EDD lol