Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all deserve a less wait time so I’ll keep my fingers crossed you’ll get it the same time me!
Hey! I am in Austin as well.
Long time lurker, first time poster lol. My order date was June 13th. MYLR 5 seater, MSM, no tow, standard wheels. My EDD is also similar to yours, Aug 12th - 29th (was all over the place but has been settling in this range since last couple of weeks). So I wouldnt be surprised if they are just scheduling it based on how many cars are headed to what destination, and seeing more people with similar EDD gives me a bit more confidence that this will stick.
I also went into the delivery center on Research Blvd a couple of weeks ago, and the guy there said that I should expect my VIN around Aug 15th ish, and the delivery will be 10-15 days from that. He also said that they do an inspection once the car arrives at the delivery center, and then deliver it.

Don't quote me I'm just stating my personal opinion. You ordered very much further than me and some of us June 1st deliveries. We are heading our way to receive our cars End August - September for June orders.

EDD are just EDD never take it serious or pay attention everyone says that. Sorry to burst your bubble a bit friend.
Hey! I am in Austin as well.
Long time lurker, first time poster lol. My order date was June 13th. MYLR 5 seater, MSM, no tow, standard wheels. My EDD is also similar to yours, Aug 12th - 29th (was all over the place but has been settling in this range since last couple of weeks). So I wouldnt be surprised if they are just scheduling it based on how many cars are headed to what destination, and seeing more people with similar EDD gives me a bit more confidence that this will stick.
I also went into the delivery center on Research Blvd a couple of weeks ago, and the guy there said that I should expect my VIN around Aug 15th ish, and the delivery will be 10-15 days from that. He also said that they do an inspection once the car arrives at the delivery center, and then deliver it.

Reactions: MBx4
Believe its geographic involved and how many orders in a certain location, Logistically it has to make sense to Tesla i think. its all about the $$
Yeah there is some logic to it, no idea what though. Someone on here took delivery yesterday and they are in my city, same order as me as far as exterior and interior color and they ordered 2 weeks after me. Makes little sense. Happy for them though!

I’m a May 28 order.......I’m still waiting......but according to the spreadsheet on the other sub, some April orders are still not filled or they just didn’t update the spreadsheet.
Unfortunately Tesla isnt making cars based on orders. I know it sucks but that's the way she goes. They make a bunch of cars and based on orders and available config, they get assigned.

5/19 order date, MY LR, blue metallic, black int, NO FSF, NO Tow. Was until today 8/13 to 8/26 with back date not moving, Today 8/14 to 8/29. My guess is we should get VIN next week. Pick up Mt Kisco.
Same build. Order date 5/23. Backend date was steady at Aug 26 but is now Aug 29. Front end date contributed its usual slide. Now at Aug 16. Tyco VA.

I’m a May 28 order.......I’m still waiting......but according to the spreadsheet on the other sub, some April orders are still not filled or they just didn’t update the spreadsheet.
To be honest all May orders are being filled for Cali rn and its almost done! Some April got filled too. Now they're going to move for June orders to deliver in August & September

Reactions: MBx4
Don't think many update the excel sheet just because they are so happy they don't have to refresh 100 times a day on this website anymore. They are all out driving and washing their new MY with a big smile on their face.:p

What accessories does everyone have gathering dust?
  • Tesmanian Mud flaps -
    • I ordered the Tesla front mud flaps but when I realized they don't have rear ones, and that you can get Tazmanian front & rear for about the same price, I have those now.
  • Tesla USB Drive
    • but now I am hearing the MY comes with one
  • Considering:
    • all weather floor mats
    • PPF (diy) for lower front and hood
That is correct, it comes with a USB drive so save your money for some puddle lights and return the USB drive :D

View attachment 690267
Well guess who won’t be sleeping this whole weekend. 😅 For those who have taken home delivery how do I pay?!
SWEEETTTT!!! I did the payment online through the website after they delivered it and I got to look it over and make sure it was good to go. You could also get a check from the bank and hand it to them... the EFT was a breeze

I got my Wall Connector install finished this week. 26 ft run from the main panel in the garage to a ceiling spot in the garage. Cost me about $130 in parts and several hours crawling in the attic (running 4AWG wire is painful haha). I also put up a track to suspend the cable and 3D printed several wall holsters for the various spots in the garage depending on where we parked.

The wait continues...

View attachment 690343
What a novel way to make charging easy for any car in any orientation (provided the right adapter is used)!

Reactions: PatrickTM and Thawk
I did complete a survey following delivery. I emphasized the total lack of information available to the SA's and buyers, and that it was a totally avoidable drag on the overall buying experience. I think that it was wise of Tesla to wait a week post-delivery to ask as driving the car for a few days did heal up some of the bruises.
Ironically I got one today as well, I was completely honest in it... we will see if anything changes LOL

It’s in 2020, tesla built almost 500,000 cars. Then that means they were pushing out approximately 1369 cars per day. Every year they do more and more per year, I don’t know how much it’s going to be this year total, but I don’t feel like they should be this backed up. Realistically speaking, how many orders do you think Tesla receives per day?

To be honest all May orders are being filled for Cali rn and its almost done! Some April got filled too. Now they're going to move for June orders to deliver in August & September
The problem is, is that I’m not in California, I’m all the way down on the other side of the United States, in Southwest Florida. I am so afraid that it’s going to be in September, even though everyone that I’ve spoken to tell me that my car is expected to be in in the dealer on 22 August, I’m afraid that I just don’t trust teslas word anymore

Reactions: tharun