Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Model Y LR, White, Black & White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.
  • July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.

Reactions: potter287
Does anyone know the logistics of assigning a car? It seems to me through anecdotal evidence that perhaps each sales center is allocated vehicles by which the SA's then allocate to customers. If this is the case it could explain the disappearing VIN's and the general randomness that is the order date to delivery, even on identically configured vehicles in similar regions.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I find it interesting that so many of us have EDD ranges for the 2nd half of August. For me, that would be close to 60 days but I can't remember what the estimated delivery was at time of order back on 6/21 for the MYP model; I wouldn't be surprised if it was "August".

Surely someone here remembers? Even today, it says 7-9 weeks on the new order site.
When I ordered my MYP on 6/26, the estimate was 1-11 weeks. My initial EDD was 7/2 - 7/22.

Reactions: CGeiser
Are you visiting in person today? Probably no different answer there than just talking to someone on the phone.

I can't even get into the "manage account" section of the Tesla website, so I can't see where my EDD is today.
Honestly I'm considering going in, but I also don't want them to tell me something crazy like September or October. Haha

If I can get over there today I might. I need to find that Texas build phone number, I'll be searching for that today.