Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although that sounds pretty probable. My profile was “completed” just two weeks ago. I have no idea why ago but it was. Mine still says that I’m going to get it somewhere between August 15 and September 1. I ordered on May 28.
Your youthful optimism kills me. The Tesla order page says that profile completion can delay your order delivery. Your 2 weeks in. Talk to me in 8 weeks when your still waiting in October.

I have a pickup on 10th August too and I got a text this morning to schedule the pickup. Tesla on their own didn't make any contact especially the SA I was working with. I got all information by proactively calling and talking to other SAs except the one who was assigned to me.
Funny enough I have a August 10th pick up as well. I also received the text this morning, no contact form Tesla. As long as my car is ready, I have no complaints lol.

Your youthful optimism kills me. The Tesla order page says that profile completion can delay your order delivery. Your 2 weeks in. Talk to me in 8 weeks when your still waiting in October.
From his profile looks like he ordered on 5/28 and that hes mentioning that his profile was just completed 2 weeks ago.

I actually found out my profile wasnt completed the next day after I completed. My wife changed her mind and wanted to trade in her car after I’ve already completed everything. Since I initiated the trade in a few days after I originally completed our profile and I gave my wife few more days if she would change her mind again. I completed the trade in 7/9 and thats when my profile was set to completed per my SA.

I have a feeling, a lot of us are going to be getting Vin numbers, this week. Remember before August, most cars are sent overseas, because the first half of their quarter is overseas and the second half of their quarter is United States deliveries. So I have a feeling that it’s going to start really ramping up starting tomorrow. As they transition to United States deliveries.
That is only for the M3 not for the Y... its only sold in North America right now out of Fremont. The Euro sales when they finally start will be coming from China and Berlin

Reactions: PatrickTM
From his profile looks like he ordered on 5/28 and that hes mentioning that his profile was just completed 2 weeks ago.

I actually found out my profile wasnt completed the next day after I completed. My wife changed her mind and wanted to trade in her car after I’ve already completed everything. Since I initiated the trade in a few days after I originally completed our profile and I gave my wife few more days if she would change her mind again. I completed the trade in 7/9 and thats when my profile was set to completed per my SA.
Same situation… order date doesn’t matter as much as profile completion date. My SA told me to make sure to complete everything ASAP to get in the queue and I even confirmed with him over email that my profile was complete the same day I placed the order.

I think when you finally upload your insurance info.
I think i’m good then? Been on this menu since July 23rd
4A8BC946-BC07-4D20-BAB5-FCDE1211E16F.png

Reactions: ajs847
Depends on the state. In NY for instance you can’t get insurance without a VIN. Obviously people get VINS all the time here without submitting insurance info so “completing” the insurance info dosent mean anything as far as getting a VIN goes.

General consensus has been, even in states that require the VIN for insurance, put your existing car's insurance info into the Tesla Portal to complete that step.

The portal allows you to update / replace insurance info as time goes on.

Depends on the state. In NY for instance you can’t get insurance without a VIN. Obviously people get VINS all the time here without submitting insurance info so “completing” the insurance info dosent mean anything as far as getting a VIN goes.
I had my agent submit my insurance info to include my mew Vin. I think that helped.

Anyone coming from ICE vehicle to Tesla switched insurance providers ? I have been with GEICO for 7 years now but they doubled my monthly premium . Same with almost every provider in the town except Progressive which is offering decent monthly premium . I have not opted for roadside assistance for the new MYLR .