Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...still waiting

Called Highland Park,IL and can't get a straight answer

"Everyone is ordering these, long wait, etc...but performance models come in quicker"

"Okay, how much quicker on average because I'm on day 80 right now without a VIN.."

"I can't say"

I'm about ready to visit the Porsche dealer and grab a Macan GTS. At least they'll be polite with me as they bend me over. Tesla, as a company, makes you falsely believe you should be so lucky as to receive their poor quality vehicles and customer care
I ordered that same day, MYLR, white on white, 20”, and still waiting… 😓

Love! Inspiring me to branch out a bit with ideas for a name. Right now I’m sitting with a name from a Pixar movie but still undecided
Mine is named Slowpoke since it is the slowest of the performance models between the 4.

Attachments

• IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    956.7 KB · Views: 60
Well after an emotional up and down ride.. I got a VIN on Friday 30 July....

My Tesla was then delivered to me the next morning on 31 July..!!! HAPPY DAY!They dropped it off like an Amazon package to my front door!!

However, I cannot complain but a few things I will share about this experience...

1) I never got an email or text notifying me that a VIN existed .. I just watched my Tesla account like a HAWK! (Therefore: If I would not have been as neurotic.. I wonder how long it would have taken Tesla themselves to reach out to me)

2) If I did not call my Tesla SA on Saturday morning (the next day after receiving my VIN) to inquire about the VIN update.. that I was closely watching on my account.. He would not have checked on the Model Y's whereabouts and to see that it was ready to be delivered to me.. (Therefore: I would have WAITED.. GOD KNOWS HOW LONG..to be notified my Tesla was ready)

Although I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and my delivery was quicker than most - I was disappointed that I, myself, had to be my biggest advocate to keep the process moving quickly. Like I said earlier - I cannot complain but I have been without a car for months waiting to take delivery and it was important to me.

Happy Model Y-ing everyone!!

Model MYLR | Exterior White | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 20" | Tow No | FSD No
Ordered 5/12 | Location San Francisco, CA | VIN YES | Delivery Date YES
DELIVERED: 7/31/2021!
Congratulations!

Reactions: aimeehous
Went from 9/20-9/30 yesterday to October today. Maybe more updates as we wait. If it extends into the next MY it will be a 2022. Already had two price increases since ordering so starting all over is not an option. I wonder how many paint lines they have in Fremont? If only one that would explain the continual changes in delivery. Takes time to change colors in the AI paint booth. If Tesla delays long enough we might be getting the 4680 battery pack.

Reactions: josh62294
How long does rate match / auto finance come back with rate match response upon submitting DCU or any other credit union's offer ? Its been 3 hours for me. Also do I need to "Accept terms" for 2.49 through BM Harris while I wait for rate match response ?