Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully they just deliver before the end of August so you don’t have to mess with it 😆. I was feeling better about those chances last week compared to this week.

I feel you about jumping ship, down to one car is making it tough and once our son starts school it is going to get amplified. I really want to give them until September 7 because that will be 13 weeks and the ever shifting dates have taken its toll, and I feel like if I don’t have by the first week of September it won’t happen until next quarter, aka November essentially, since nothing really happened until the end of July this quarter.
If worst comes to worst and my wife can’t share her car with me, I’ll just look for a set of winter tires for my hellephant swapped challenger and throw my old bimmer plates on it 😂😂

I have a suggestion for Tesla, they should hire only sales associates, that have actually waited in line for a Tesla, and owe a Tesla. Because a lot of us have experienced what it is to wait in line, we know what our customer would feel. And of course at that point the sales associates would be 100% trained, because they owned the car, and 100% sympathetic for the customer. Meaning it would be a great customer experience in store.
Yes! I asked my SA what car he drives and he doesn’t, he lives close enough to bike to work. Oh, cool…so you have no idea what I’m feeling.

Well guys, I am giving it to the end of the week for something(Anything) to happen. Ordered months ago. If nothing happens Ill request a refund(it says non refundable but at the time it also said 7-10 week delivery)and have to get a gas vehicle. I tried to go with the most basic build. For the record it says profile complete July 20th(which is very incorrect) July 15th I requested to remove my trade in. It wasn't until I called on July 20th that they told me their was a glitch and they needed to do something in my profile. So it essentially kicked me to the back of the line and reset everything. I tried to go with the most basic build. Scheduled a vacation in October around the model Y(Traveling). Was assured they are looking for cancelled deliveries. Was told I was put on a "high Priority" list. Did this happen? Who knows. Before I cancelled my trade in it showed early august-late august. Then after its October, then disappears. Tesla chat said they don't have a EDD for my vehicle. I cant honestly say this process has went down the shitter compared to when I ordered my model 3 performance in 2018. I honestly feel like no one knows what is actually going on at the factory. Like tesla keeps the SA in the dark and told to give us BS.
My model Y is 3k cheaper then what they are sold for now. They did offer my a performance but at full price(10k more then what I'm paying on the LR).
Having a wife and a kid its hard to only have one car. If tesla could just be honest with us it would be better but they don't tell us anything.
Any advice anyone?
It's tough, We sold my wife's M3 counting on a "quick" delivery. One car is doable but a pain in the azz. I don't blame you wanting to bale, the lack of available info certainly leaves me wanting more. If we weren't so sold on the Tesla having driven our M3 42k miles in 2.5 years we might consider finding something else. I would say this: don't cancel, hold on. No matter the outcome you are out $100. So it essentially cost you nothing to do nothing. Maybe something changes for you in the meantime? Maybe something changes for Tesla tomorrow? And if you end up throwing your hands up and just taking the $100 loss, think how happy you will make someone when they get a text saying someone didn't pick up their car and the car will be assigned to them!! Just put it in the back of your mind until something pops up when you least expect it.

THIS! HE HAS A POINT! HOLD ON STRONG!
It's tough, We sold my wife's M3 counting on a "quick" delivery. One car is doable but a pain in the azz. I don't blame you wanting to bale, the lack of available info certainly leaves me wanting more. If we weren't so sold on the Tesla having driven our M3 42k miles in 2.5 years we might consider finding something else. I would say this: don't cancel, hold on. No matter the outcome you are out $100. So it essentially cost you nothing to do nothing. Maybe something changes for you in the meantime? Maybe something changes for Tesla tomorrow? And if you end up throwing your hands up and just taking the $100 loss, think how happy you will make someone when they get a text saying someone didn't pick up their car and the car will be assigned to them!! Just put it in the back of your mind until something pops up when you least expect it.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Well guys, I am giving it to the end of the week for something(Anything) to happen. Ordered months ago. If nothing happens Ill request a refund(it says non refundable but at the time it also said 7-10 week delivery)and have to get a gas vehicle. I tried to go with the most basic build. For the record it says profile complete July 20th(which is very incorrect) July 15th I requested to remove my trade in. It wasn't until I called on July 20th that they told me their was a glitch and they needed to do something in my profile. So it essentially kicked me to the back of the line and reset everything. I tried to go with the most basic build. Scheduled a vacation in October around the model Y(Traveling). Was assured they are looking for cancelled deliveries. Was told I was put on a "high Priority" list. Did this happen? Who knows. Before I cancelled my trade in it showed early august-late august. Then after its October, then disappears. Tesla chat said they don't have a EDD for my vehicle. I cant honestly say this process has went down the shitter compared to when I ordered my model 3 performance in 2018. I honestly feel like no one knows what is actually going on at the factory. Like tesla keeps the SA in the dark and told to give us BS.
My model Y is 3k cheaper then what they are sold for now. They did offer my a performance but at full price(10k more then what I'm paying on the LR).
Having a wife and a kid its hard to only have one car. If tesla could just be honest with us it would be better but they don't tell us anything.
Any advice anyone?
If you’re not too picky, stalk the Tesla existing inventory website using a Bay Area zip code. Use the distill.io plug-in or do it yourself, I have not found ev-CPO to be helpful but that’s just me. I found inventory appear at random times in the morning, evening and randomly on Saturday. You’ll have to pay the current market price compared to your lower existing order and you’ll lose your original 100 order fee but you should be able to find a car. I dabbled with this strategy and just this morning without trying too hard I bought an inventory car. Haven’t taken delivery yet so who knows.

Any advice anyone?
Keep the faith, we all go through the stages of Tesla EDD Grief in our support group here.

Anger, Denial, Bargaining, Acceptance, etc and then BOOM VIN

We cycle back and forth between the stages with each EDD shift until VIN.

Still cynical, a glimmer of excitement as we can’t bring ourselves to believe it until we go to pick it up.

Most of us slowly fade away from our support cadre into the night.

Some return at times to offer solace to those still huddling around the TMC campfire of hope.

Keep the faith

FYI I think this is why they’re telling everyone their cars will be ready next week.

Attachments

• EDBA27DD-3CD4-44C7-AE87-AE48AF6732DC.png
    EDBA27DD-3CD4-44C7-AE87-AE48AF6732DC.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: Riggs11
We're in the process of selling our hybrid to Vroom as they were higher than Carvana this time round as well.
Curious what your experience with Vroom is like. Back in May when I was naive enough to think I’d be able to get a Y in a couple of weeks, Tesla offered $27K for my 2019 M3SR+, Vroom offered $38K (which I thought was absurd since a new one is $39.9K, I get the wait times and all but still).
Wondering if there is a chance of bait and switch (offering less once they pick it up), but also concerned about signing over title (I own it free and clear) and not getting paid at least a couple days after some dude drives off with my car.
My current EDD is 9/23-9/30 and am hoping used-car values continue to hold, as I can’t be car-less. BTW, today Tesla trade-in was at $31.5K, haven’t checked the other usual suspects and won’t until my EDD gets closer.

Let us know how it goes (or went). Thanks

If you’re not too picky, stalk the Tesla existing inventory website using a Bay Area zip code. Use the distill.io plug-in or do it yourself, I have not found ev-CPO to be helpful but that’s just me. I found inventory appear at random times in the morning, evening and randomly on Saturday. You’ll have to pay the current market price compared to your lower existing order and you’ll lose your original 100 order fee but you should be able to find a car. I dabbled with this strategy and just this morning without trying too hard I bought an inventory car. Haven’t taken delivery yet so who knows.
What website do you use? tesla? and whats the zip code needed? technically speaking if I find one same spec etc it can be matched right?

Keep the faith, we all go through the stages of Tesla EDD Grief in our support group here.

Anger, Denial, Bargaining, Acceptance, etc and then BOOM VIN

We cycle back and forth between the stages with each EDD shift until VIN.

Still cynical, a glimmer of excitement as we can’t bring ourselves to believe it until we go to pick it up.

Most of us slowly fade away from our support cadre into the night.

Some return at times to offer solace to those still huddling around the TMC campfire of hope.

Keep the faith
I am trying man lol. I just wish teslas communication was much better. Like just tell us whats going on. Seatbelt shortage etc. something lol

Curious what your experience with Vroom is like. Back in May when I was naive enough to think I’d be able to get a Y in a couple of weeks, Tesla offered $27K for my 2019 M3SR+, Vroom offered $38K (which I thought was absurd since a new one is $39.9K, I get the wait times and all but still).
Wondering if there is a chance of bait and switch (offering less once they pick it up), but also concerned about signing over title (I own it free and clear) and not getting paid at least a couple days after some dude drives off with my car.
My current EDD is 9/23-9/30 and am hoping used-car values continue to hold, as I can’t be car-less. BTW, today Tesla trade-in was at $31.5K, haven’t checked the other usual suspects and won’t until my EDD gets closer.

Let us know how it goes (or went). Thanks
Can’t speak to Vroom, but we had an absolutely excellent experience selling our Acadia to Carvana in June. On the day of the sale, the entire transaction took about 15 minutes. The employee from Carvana arrived, verified the VIN, took a few photos of the car on his iPad, and “test-drove” the car around the parking lot of the Safeway where we met him. We had a cracked windshield and were nervous that he would try to lower the purchase price, but he didn’t even bat an eye at it and the transaction closed for the contract amount. My husband electronically signed a handful of standard sales documents and then they guy pressed the completion button and advised us to check our account for the direct deposit of the equity they owed us above our payoff. My husband verified that we had received the funds—we were both shocked at the immediate deposit into our account. We handed over the keys and removed our plates and that was that. They paid off the remainder of our credit union loan in 5 days.

Seriously, the easiest and least stressful car transaction we have ever had. I highly recommend their process if their value for your car is fair. If you own it free and clear, I’d expect you’d provide the title and they’d direct deposit the money to you right while you’re standing in the parking lot. Definitely worth checking into.

What website do you use? tesla? and whats the zip code needed? technically speaking if I find one same spec etc it can be matched right?
Tesla. I set up distill.io alerts for zip codes in Seattle, LA, Bay Area, Phoenix and OC. I’m not that technical but I am sure there are more tools that you can use that will track if a website changes. Even with those set up I just randomly checked Tesla’s website this morning on my work computer and found inventory. If you click buy and it disappears don’t lose hope, it may come back, keep refreshing periodically. Once you click buy and go forward from the buy button it seems to hold it for you. I had stuff to do before I finally was able to put in my cc number on that page and it still kept the reservation. It said there was a delivery fee of 500 from Bay Area to me but when I called Tesla they said it would fall off since the car is new and my MVPA doesn’t have it.

As for matching theoretically yes but I have a base white on order. In the weeks leading up to me ordering and after I ordered I’ve never seen one of those go to inventory. Higher priced tow, induction, etc are usually what I have seen. I got a 7 seater white with 19”.

Reactions: josh62294
I have been waiting for rate match to respond for a DCU 1.24 offer. I am not getting any response from them but every few hours I see down payment being increased or reduced and Confirm terms button becoming enabled again.

this has happened 3 times today. Down payment amount changed , amount due at signing changed, financed amount changed without me asking to change.
Not sure what games Tesla SA is playing

Tesla. I set up distill.io alerts for zip codes in Seattle, LA, Bay Area, Phoenix and OC. I’m not that technical but I am sure there are more tools that you can use that will track if a website changes. Even with those set up I just randomly checked Tesla’s website this morning on my work computer and found inventory. If you click buy and it disappears don’t lose hope, it may come back, keep refreshing periodically. Once you click buy and go forward from the buy button it seems to hold it for you. I had stuff to do before I finally was able to put in my cc number on that page and it still kept the reservation. It said there was a delivery fee of 500 from Bay Area to me but when I called Tesla they said it would fall off since the car is new and my MVPA doesn’t have it.

As for matching theoretically yes but I have a base white on order. In the weeks leading up to me ordering and after I ordered I’ve never seen one of those go to inventory. Higher priced tow, induction, etc are usually what I have seen. I got a 7 seater white with 19”.
Thanks for detailed info.. Did you get info on how long will take to get delivery [shipping time] after your purchase and what would happen to the finance from your original order [will this get transferred to this new order]?

Reactions: josh62294

I keep getting hits but its because the tesla chat option keeps popping up. How did you disable that?

FYI I think this is why they’re telling everyone their cars will be ready next week.
It's not. Most likely Fremont found a supply of whatever part they were missing. Austin might start producing non-road legal MY to test the lines and probably more for crash testing. I wouldn't expect road legal ones out of Austin until start of Q4 or later but I would love to be wrong.

Thanks for detailed info.. Did you get info on how long will take to get delivery [shipping time] after your purchase and what would happen to the finance from your original order [will this get transferred to this new order]?

I keep getting hits but its because the tesla chat option keeps popping up. How did you disable that?
You can choose which part of the page you want to watch instead of the entire page. I also had to play around with this.

As for timeline I haven’t gotten any notifications on setting up delivery yet and I haven’t reached out to my SA. I’m doing the whole DCU Tesla rate match dance before contacting.