Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
254835CA-BF5E-4170-BB65-18A85AFAF380.jpeg
At least I can stare at this now while I wait…

Hey everyone,

I’ve been keeping up with you guys incognito the last few weeks seeing how the waiting game and delivery process has been going. I ordered a Model Y LR, W/W, no tow, no FSD, 20’ induction wheels on May 23rd in Miami, FL. I was just assigned a VIN tonight (YESSSSS!!!!) with a delivery date of October (NOOOOO!!!!). My dates have never shown October before. This morning they were August 19th - August 30th (before VIN assignment).

I chatted with a very nice individual on the Tesla chat, and I was told that the car is still at the factory, looks to be completed (but he could not confirm that), and either there was some logistical reason why the car could not be delivered until October, or my account is waiting to be updated to a more specific date. Obviously I am hoping for the latter of a much soon delivery date than October. Even after a VIN assignment, its like I’m in the same purgatory as before. I know a VIN can be taken back, etc., so I don’t know if I should feel any better or worse than I did before?

Just thought I would share my situation/timeline as many here have been waiting longer than I, and we are all looking for some kind of gauge to indicate when we might be able to take delivery. I will update as things change to help with the process for anyone eyeing this forum.

Hey everyone,

I’ve been keeping up with you guys incognito the last few weeks seeing how the waiting game and delivery process has been going. I ordered a Model Y LR, W/W, no tow, no FSD, 20’ induction wheels on May 23rd in Miami, FL. I was just assigned a VIN tonight (YESSSSS!!!!) with a delivery date of October (NOOOOO!!!!). My dates have never shown October before. This morning they were August 19th - August 30th (before VIN assignment).

I chatted with a very nice individual on the Tesla chat, and I was told that the car is still at the factory, looks to be completed (but he could not confirm that), and either there was some logistical reason why the car could not be delivered until October, or my account is waiting to be updated to a more specific date. Obviously I am hoping for the latter of a much soon delivery date than October. Even after a VIN assignment, its like I’m in the same purgatory as before. I know a VIN can be taken back, etc., so I don’t know if I should feel any better or worse than I did before?

Just thought I would share my situation/timeline as many here have been waiting longer than I, and we are all looking for some kind of gauge to indicate when we might be able to take delivery. I will update as things change to help with the process for anyone eyeing this forum.
Unfortunately I’ve never experienced the joy of receiving a VIN but from what others have said here anecdotally the October should change to a more firm date/ range upon accepting the blue button and waiting a little bit.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
Hey everyone,

100% it will not be octobe as long as your VIN stays with you. Once the car is complete, they will take approximately 2 weeks to reach east coast and a week to get it ready for delivery. Try talking to your local sales center. They will be able to give rough dates. Also your online account will update with more narrow range in a day or two.

I have one sitting in my office. Can I ask how much you paid to have it installed? Just started getting a bid from an electrician we have worked with for a while
I had a nema 14-50 installed by an electrician for $300. He told me the install price would have been the same for a Tesla charger. My install was simple since my house transformer is on the outside of my garage wall.

100% it will not be octobe as long as your VIN stays with you. Once the car is complete, they will take approximately 2 weeks to reach east coast and a week to get it ready for delivery. Try talking to your local sales center. They will be able to give rough dates. Also your online account will update with more narrow range in a day or two.
Yeah I think I will reach out now that a VIN has been assigned to see what they can tell me. I have been trying to not be a pest until I had a reason press for any updates on delivery. I figured it would be at least a couple of weeks (or more) since I am on the east coast if the car is in Fremont. Hoping the VIN sticks!

Reactions: JR9386
Congrats, same config here ordered 6/5 in CO, hopefully it means a VIN could be only a week or two away!
Just got my VIN at 1PM today! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

MYLR 5 seat white/white/19 inch/no tow/no FSD
Order date 5/24
VIN 8/4
delivery state: MA
Finally got my VIN as well! Same exact config. Ordered 5/4. Delivery state: RI. EDD: this morning 8/15 > 8/21 then moved up this afternoon to 8/13 > 8/19!

My tail end date has been August 17 for about 2 weeks now until today! Now it's August 22nd 🤦‍♂️

New EDD = 8/7 - 8/22 (May 21st Order in Las Vegas)
For those in Las Vegas, got a follow-up call from my DA today, picking up tomorrow! I asked the DA if they have been pretty busy and they mentioned that they're getting A LOT of cars recently so anyone in the area might be getting a VIN/delivery date soon. Didn't want to keep them on the phone too long but I'll ask tomorrow if they think the pace will continue thru September/October.

From the Y tracker, it looks like for my order this is the timeline:
Order to VIN: 37 days (Avg 50)
VIN to Delivery: 6 days (Avg 10)
Order to Delivery: 43 days (Avg 65)

Thank you for the update! Let’s hope we vegans get our MY’s soon! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Reactions: ayjaymill
Yeah I think I will reach out now that a VIN has been assigned to see what they can tell me. I have been trying to not be a pest until I had a reason press for any updates on delivery. I figured it would be at least a couple of weeks (or more) since I am on the east coast if the car is in Fremont. Hoping the VIN sticks!
I got a VIN on Saturday and my EDD was 08/01-08/15, now my EDD with VIN is October. I think it is a glitch in the matrix, my SA said it should be max two weeks from VIN assigned.

I'm a 19 May order. MY LR
7 seat
20" wheels
white //Black interior
Trailer hitch
Latest EDD 19 Aug to 1 Sept. EDD changes daily and not in a good way.
7 seaters are trickling out of the factory. 4/19 order got my 235xxx vin this past weekend, others have gotten 24XXXXX vins this week.

Hope you get your vIN before end of august 💪🏾