Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and sorry to burst your bubble but yesterday I spotted a Chicago MYLR VIN being assigned in another thread so they may be starting that transition to central US now. Logistics is the big driver here - just takes longer to ship accross the country and Tesla wants to maximize deliveries and profit
This can’t be correct, I was in the California thread yesterday reading through it, and a lot of people from California have gotten their cars. I mean a lot of people, and these last eight or nine days.

I’m literally sitting in front of my iPad, I have this thread open, I have the teslike model Y survey, I have the Tesla website, I have the New Survey that was just made two or three days ago, and I have it’s results page. All these tabs are open together, so I can go back-and-forth and refresh them as I need. If not I’m afraid I will go completely bonkers

It'll come when it comes. I think for your sanity it may be time to step back a little from all the analysis paralysis.

Hold tight and breathe.

I think it is, you order two days before me, you have the five seater, do you have white on the outside, and white on the inside. It Hass to be a sure fire
watch the tesla fremont flyover youtube videos, you'll see they arrange cars 3 ways in the logistics lot... for long range truck hauling, for container train transport and the shortest lines are for local delivery 3-4 car haulers. Makes sense that Cali deliveries don't stop, 1 day hauling is the most common type of trucker.

Reactions: PatrickTM
honestly your torturing yourself trying to get somebody at tesla to give you a "soft match"... it sounds like they're saying anything to get you to hang up.
That is 100% it. They are telling you whatever will make you happy to get you through to the next week and not cancel your order.

For example, my SA is super responsive and nice. But she has been telling me August 15th at the latest, why? because I told her that I need a car before September 1st and that can either be a Tesla or another car. So she is saying that because my EDD has been spanning mid August consistently for about a month and a half. If I were to reach out to her today, she would probably be telling me "The last week of August at the latest" or something similar.

I was hoping to take delivery before the end of August but if it gets pushed to Sept. I want to wait until 22" models* in October. What would theoretically be the best way to do this w/o getting pushed to the back of the queue? I'm guessing I don't want to put it on Hold, maybe reject delivery/don't schedule and wait for the next time a VIN is matched?

*I KNOW 2022 model year won't have any substantive differences, just thinking of KBB resale value since it would be so close

and sorry to burst your bubble but yesterday I spotted a Chicago MYLR VIN being assigned in another thread so they may be starting that transition to central US now. Logistics is the big driver here - just takes longer to ship accross the country and Tesla wants to maximize deliveries and profit
I feel like it would be better for all of us to get our delivery in california and drive back to east coast. That way we can enjoy a vacation, faster car delivery and also enjoying a long drive in new car.

they just updated. definitely seem to be giving priority to the performance vs long range.

daily edd:
mylr order (3/30) = August 22 - September 11 (prev. day change: -1/-1)
myp order (8/3) = August 19 - September 02 (prev. day change: -9/-15)
Just heard from my SA. Said both cars should arrive around the same time at the end of the month.

Just talked to an SA (not mine, specifically) at the showroom in Chicago. I'm guessing this is as automated as anything else, but he says "his system" is showing there will be a VIN assigned sometime around the end of August. As of right now, my EDD is 9/1-9/21, so if I had to guess, their system just shows VIN dates at ~1 week before what my EDD shows, since that's probably about how long it will take for shipment. So...yay?

Just talked to an SA (not mine, specifically) at the showroom in Chicago. I'm guessing this is as automated as anything else, but he says "his system" is showing there will be a VIN assigned sometime around the end of August. As of right now, my EDD is 9/1-9/21, so if I had to guess, their system just shows VIN dates at ~1 week before what my EDD shows, since that's probably about how long it will take for shipment. So...yay?
Those are called soft dates, they also move, nothing is set in stone at Tesla, until a Vin appears on your profile.

Hey fellow Sacramentan! We used to live in Fair Oaks too, near Del Campo HS. We have been waiting three months so far but there may be a light at the end of the tunnel soon. Our EDD window has shrunk from 17 down to 12 days now, Aug 7 - Aug 19. The front date still gets pushed out one day each morning but the Aug 19 has stayed put for three days straight.
Same config, roseville (rocklin delivery) order 5/25, keep giving status hopefully I will be soon after you.