Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think that’s white Tesla remove my dates now from my profile?

Hard to tell because of limited data.

I have a general feel for this with almost 30 years in manufacturing / supply chain / logistics. From Electronics, to Aerospace to sister divisions in Auto and as an ERP/MRP systems consultant (including implementations and re-implementations).

I can make educated guesses on what I see happening with Tesla from my past experience, but Tesla manufacturing and their related Information Technology is somewhat of a black box.

From some posters data, including my own ... when the date range of start dates to end dates starts to shrink, and get's below 2 weeks a VIN is coming. We also see surprises out of the blue. And we know Tesla changes things up frequently as far as iterative design and manufacture.

EDDs missing can mean multiple things, I have theories but it'd be irresponsible to speculate on them with such little data.

I can say this, no matter what Tesla is doing - they have to be following some form / flavor of ERP/MRP / Master Production and Master Scheduling theory. As more data is available I can try to narrow down what style they are using but realistically and on a practical nature I feel the best thing for folks in the TMC Support Group is to chat, have fun, and not stress the volatility of EDDs.

My EDD date just jumped up from 8/8-8/28 to 8/7-8/21 this morning. According to my distill.io plugin on Chrome, the changes always occur around 5:30am-6am PST. I hope this is a good sign!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 51
are you referring to @haferc order? his profile complete/hold release date says 3/30 in the tracker.
july 5. wanted to release it earlier but my sa said there was a chance i'd get the car before i got back to the states. didn't necessarily believe him but kept the hold regardless. alas.

Yes, they've mentioned in previous posts that their hold was released on July 5

I feel like it would be better for all of us to get our delivery in california and drive back to east coast. That way we can enjoy a vacation, faster car delivery and also enjoying a long drive in new car.
I had the reverse idea. I should have selected an east coast service center in Q2, taken delivery, and drove it back to California. Tesla had just worked through the firmware holdup back then and it seemed east coast was getting flooded with deliveries while the rest of us in Tesla’s backyard were forced to wait it out.

Alas, demand is through the roof. Not a bad problem for a business to have.

Got in a test drive today in Rochester, NY and I’m officially hooked (not that I wasn’t before).

However this is making the wait even more unbearable after having another taste for the first time in a few years.

Attachments

• 7045E75D-73DC-4929-96B6-44E4E1A1D980.jpeg
    7045E75D-73DC-4929-96B6-44E4E1A1D980.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 6517F208-13CA-434E-9205-DCE66638DAC0.jpeg
    6517F208-13CA-434E-9205-DCE66638DAC0.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 43
In retrospect, I should have explored whether or not I could take delivery in California and then drive back to the Philly area. Seems like it could have shaved a few weeks off of my delivery, and what better way to enjoy a new Tesla than with a cross country road trip?
Only thing with that is you need the car registered whenever you pick it up at. I wanted to pick mine up in Chicago when it gets off the train but I can’t register it there

Econ/ stats person here. While yes this is a small sample size of people compared to 200k orders (expected) to be delivered this quarter - I look at all the data points and figure +\- 10 days (15-20 may be acceptable too) is enough to round out the standard deviation. Especially now that we have a second tracking sheet, when we get enough data if I’m still here Waiting I’ll run a regression model.
Fully agree, I think we can trend delivery timing +/- with the data. But do you think we have enough data to speculate on which variables drive differences in time between completed profile and VIN or delivery readiness? I feel like it's a pretty small sample for the number of variables involved.

Reactions: ajs847