Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know what a delivery center is, isn’t that the same thing as the store? I think it is in Fort Myers it looks like a giant dealership, but it’s easily empty. That’s usually where I call. When I say Store I don’t mean like storefront. I mean like the big dealer places. Lol
697F1246-FCEB-49F5-98C8-08603994033D.jpeg

Try this number

My EDD behavior seems to be spot on with yours. Currently sitting at September 9-29 from a May 12 order. I recall you and I both had a trade-in expire around July 4 then suddenly our dates moved from early August to September. Curious if your trade just expired again too and what happened to your EDD?
Yes we’re pretty much on the same timeline with the trade in too! My trade-in did expire again on the 3rd (currently awaiting the new offer). Right before it expired I was at a late August date. Once it expired I got bundled into that October shift a lot of people experienced and now I have the current September 10th - 30th dates.

Kind of feels like every time it expires the dates move back quite a bit. Is it the same for you?

I called them again today, as a matter of fact I called three different stores, and I was told that my soft match was moved to the 13th. So my soft match is now eight more days away. But they told me that soft matches are not set in stone, it can be pushed further back still. My loan expires on September 12, if I don’t use the loan by then, I would have to reapply for the loan, and I’m just not willing to do that.
Buy an inventory car.

UBERcomfort, DoorDash, Instacart, Lyft, UberEats

So, I believe I'm starting to understand and put this together.

Your line of work is delivery and relies on your vehicle.

Your current car is a BMW (which one ?)

The fuel efficiency is such that you net very little with your delivery jobs.

You see the Tesla as a way to get out of this efficiency issue and net more?

You are currently not doing these deliveries due to cost of the current car and also the 'burden' of waiting for the Tesla?

If I have this right, I can see why you are starting to panic due to being without income or reduced income and the stress of the wait to improve the transportation situation.

If I'm off, forgive me, because your postings have become more and more urgent and somewhat disjointed.

Have you considered a cheaper and more fuel efficient vehicle that isn't as costly as MY? There's going to be a lot of depreciation on that Tesla long term at 250 miles a day. I may be off and the delivery jobs are an interim solution?

If I understand this all, I'd think long term you've be better serviced by a different vehicle than MY?

-- edit, delivery above = delivery and ride shares

Last edited:
Everyone here is waiting for their car. Their MY. How many of you here is waiting for their spouse car? 😂 😂😂

Im getting MY for my wife but she isn't that interested in the waiting game. She is like "it's gets here when it should". I don't know why, but I'm more excited than her and checking the status every 5 mins. Ofcourse I will be driving most of the time and she is ok with that. LOL
I’m in the exact same boat as you. She doesn’t seem to care right now and is saying we’ll get it when it comes.

I’m checking the delivery dates 20 times a day watching YouTube videos on features and can’t wait to get it haha.

So, I believe I'm starting to understand and put this together.

Your line of work is delivery and relies on your vehicle.

Your current car is a BMW (which one ?)

The fuel efficiency is such that you net very little with your delivery jobs.

You see the Tesla as a way to get out of this efficiency issue and net more?

You are currently not doing these deliveries due to cost of the current car and also the 'burden' of waiting for the Tesla?

If I have this right, I can see why you are starting to panic due to being without income or reduced income and the stress of the wait to improve the transportation situation.

If I'm off, forgive me, because your postings have become more and more urgent and somewhat disjointed.

Have you considered a cheaper and more fuel efficient vehicle that isn't as costly as MY? There's going to be a lot of depreciation on that Tesla long term at 250 miles a day. I may be off and the delivery jobs are an interim solution?

If I understand this all, I'd think long term you've be better serviced by a different vehicle than MY?

💯accurate.
I am waiting on the car, so that I can continue working. I have all my bills paid up till September. I’m cutting it close though, if the car doesn’t get here before September 28, I’m sure to start being late on things. August is the slowest month for anybody to work in Florida. September and so forth it starts to pick up again for season. The other thing and the reason I chose the Tesla model Y, is because it would give me UberPremier and LyftLux, these categories pay twice as much as I make per ride right now. A 20 minute ride right now in my car as UberComfort is about $20+tip, on UberPremier it’s about $40+tip. This means that I can work half the time, instead of spending anywhere between 12 and 16 hours per day on the platform. I can go back to eight hours, or even six during season. With the current car it takes me about 58 hours per week to make $1400, with the Tesla it’ll probably only take me 35 hours per week to make $1400. One trip from Naples to Miami is 2 1/2 hours, in my car, Uber pays me $125, in the Tesla model Y Uber will pay me about $210 for the same trip. Plus the trip that I take in my current car would also cost me $56 of gas, meaning I would only make a total of $69 on that trip. With the Tesla I would make the full amount, my car would be charged every morning and ready to make money.

So I did get a distill alert today. It monitors webpage changes, It was the one for my account and I thought maybe a vin. Nope. For some reason they moved the spot my tesla model Y placard was in. It use to be next to my model 3. now its after the plaid x and S order. Anyone else have the placards move before? Got me excited for no reason lol

Reactions: CGeiser and jpy1980
How about going for a walk? A jog? Buy a Peloton. Lift weights. Jump on tinder, or grinder, whatever your flavor.

I want my car so bad I ordered 2. But life is going on outside and honestly, the more you get out from behind the computer or phone - the quicker time will pass and your car will be here before you know it. Hang in there bud, and go take a shower (only assuming based on the other stuff 😇).

Nobody wants to be on grindr right now, the snowbirds are not here yet.

I'll give up my car for you to get it, in an instant CSTARZZ! Here's rooting for you to get your VIN soon.

That’s very nice of you, but no need. We have different configurations. Plus it’s helping a lot, to talk to you guys about this. It’s been a rough last four days. I’m feeling better that I’ve been able to talk to you guys, instead of keeping it bottled in. I was feeling like a number.

💯accurate.
I am waiting on the car, so that I can continue working. I have all my bills paid up till September. I’m cutting it close though, if the car doesn’t get here before September 28, I’m sure to start being late on things. August is the slowest month for anybody to work in Florida. September and so forth it starts to pick up again for season. The other thing and the reason I chose the Tesla model Y, is because it would give me UberPremier and LyftLux, these categories pay twice as much as I make per ride right now. A 20 minute ride right now in my car as UberComfort is about $20+tip, on UberPremier it’s about $40+tip. This means that I can work half the time, instead of spending anywhere between 12 and 16 hours per day on the platform. I can go back to eight hours, or even six during season. With the current car it takes me about 58 hours per week to make $1400, with the Tesla it’ll probably only take me 35 hours per week to make $1400. One trip from Naples to Miami is 2 1/2 hours, in my car, Uber pays me $125, in the Tesla model Y Uber will pay me about $210 for the same trip. Plus the trip that I take in my current car would also cost me $56 of gas, meaning I would only make a total of $69 on that trip. With the Tesla I would make the full amount, my car would be charged every morning and ready to make money.

Ok, I can see logic in what you are doing. I also understand why MY would have great appeal with those many hours spent in the vehicle etc.

Have you investigated what is the cheapest and most fuel efficient vehicle other than MY that gains you UberPremium and LyftLux? How does financing, depreciation, TOC (total cost of ownership) compare; esp as this is so heavily related to your income stream.

Also, as far as the job security situation, another analysis point would be what happens to your income stream should the Tesla be involved in an accident? Can you afford another 3+ month wait on a replacement?

I'm not trying to steer you away from MY as I can see many valid reasons you see it as a panacea solution, I'm really starting to understand your situation and wonder if you've looked at some of these issues too.

I have had Good luck with my BMW. Got it right now, it currently has 150,000 miles on it, and it still runs very smoothly, and very quietly.
I’m biased 😀 but I’ve had 5 Bimmers, including 2 currently. My 26 yr old E30 convertible was solid when I sold it, my 2008 X3 is strong at 160k currently, and the 2017 340i GT is a hoot. I’ve been able to wrench on them when needed and they’ve never left me stranded.

That said, we are going to lose one for our MYLR. Just too appealing after the overnight test drive and Tesla feels so far ahead despite the new BMW EV entries.

That’s very nice of you, but no need. We have different configurations. Plus it’s helping a lot, to talk to you guys about this. It’s been a rough last four days. I’m feeling better that I’ve been able to talk to you guys, instead of keeping it bottled in. I was feeling like a number.
Glad you were able to let it out. It's stress and everyone handles different types of stress different. My company is going through a re-org right now. I'm going to be getting a new job. Oh, and I quit smoking just about a year ago so I don't even have anything to vice on.. What a time to be alive #FirstWorldProblems

I’m going insane literally. All I think about is the car, I haven’t left my house in 4 days nor have opened the shades, I’m just here. Waiting.

The wait is ruining me. My BMW works fine, it just consumes 12k of gas per year, and it’s overwhelming to see 1k of hard work just disappear in gas.

I’ve been eating less, ppl call me and I don’t pick up, I’m literally here with you guys all day. Refreshing the page all day. Calling stores all day.
Dang!! I know it’s hot as crap in Florida in August, but still one of my favorite places! Especially the gulf side!! So at least know that you have living in a beautiful place going for you! Hang in there, your car will be here soon and you won’t even worry about this page anymore!!

Reactions: PaulBenz