Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure I'd call it "stupid" really.

If there was somewhere where you could get %5 or 10% for your money then maybe, but then again, the car loan would be equally high. TBH I think paying cash and getting a tangible asset (which appears to not decline too aggressively) is a good hedge against a possible inflationary spike. Also if you had the cash available, where would you park it wile you serviced the car loan? put it in the market and you risk losing a significant portion of it

Just my opinion of course
It's already in the market. It's not a case of 'putting' money anywhere, it's a case of pulling it out to avoid 2% interest. That makes no sense to me. I'd rather get a 2% car loan and leave $60K in the market earning 8% - 10% or whatever it will be.

Congratulations!! Love to see Colorado orders getting delivered! Makes me feel like we will actually get ours someday too 😂

Where are you taking it for PPF? I’m trying to decide on having that done here locally (shop has limited experience with Tesla) vs staying a couple extra days in Denver when we take delivery and having it done over there. I’d love to hear your post-application review

Yes, CO represent!

The Man Cave in Westminster. They do a lot of Teslas. Quite a bit more expensive than I'd like, but they also pay a lot of attention. I'll post up how it goes for you.

what was your EDD before VIN?
Here are the past few days of updates before the VIN assignment today

August 6 - august 20 - September 1
August 7 - august 21 - September 1
August 9 - august 23 - September 3
August 10 - august 24 - September 9
August 11 8:30AM - august 25-September 9
August 11 2:15PM EST - VIN ASSIGNED - Updated Delivery August 22-28

Yes, CO represent!

The Man Cave in Westminster. They do a lot of Teslas. Quite a bit more expensive than I'd like, but they also pay a lot of attention. I'll post up how it goes for you.
It is quite pricey, but I think the cost to protect your $60k+ car is worth it!

I’d really appreciate it. Congrats again!

I'm not sure I'd call it "stupid" really.

If there was somewhere where you could get %5 or 10% for your money then maybe, but then again, the car loan would be equally high. TBH I think paying cash and getting a tangible asset (which appears to not decline too aggressively) is a good hedge against a possible inflationary spike. Also if you had the cash available, where would you park it wile you serviced the car loan? put it in the market and you risk losing a significant portion of it

Just my opinion of course
Not to derail the thread and go into investing, but attaining 5% to 10% per year is not only possible, but it’s extremely easy by investing through index funds. In fact, that’s kinda the market minimum benchmark against which investments are measured. This is personal finance and retirement planning 101 stuff.

“The most recent 20-year span, from 2000 to 2020, not only included three bull markets and two bear markets, but it also experienced a couple of major black swans with the terrorist attacks in 2001 and the financial crisis in 2008. There were also a couple of outbreaks of war on top of widespread geopolitical strife, yet the S&P 500 still managed to generate a return of 8.2% with reinvested dividends.”

big shout out to @gkmanu8!!!! they hooked me up with the DCU link, i applied for the loan and was approved for a the low low rate of 1.24%, sent that forward to tesla. they just emailed saying they matched my APR and i am saving about $2gs over the life of the loan! i owe you a beer!
How long did your approval for DCU take? And was Tesla quick in matching the APR?

Reactions: potter287
How long did your approval for DCU take? And was Tesla quick in matching the APR?
15 second approval at 1:30AM est (banks should absolutely decline any requests made by me after 8pm..... high probability i am 3 sheets in the wind). emailed tesla immediately after with a screen shot of my approval screen (my name, loan amount, length of loan and that i was approved) and tesla emailed me back at 330pm with no questions asked saying they already matched the rate on my account and to not hesitate if i had questions.

Less than 48hours until delivery appointment. Just an FYI:

- received the final payment email this evening
- going through tesla financing, completed it in April 2021. They automatically RE-ran the credit check and I got another approval with another bank. So heads up for those choosing to finance with tesla, they may recheck your credit without a heads up for the 2nd time.