Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if i have a loan with DCU for a toyota, but i don't have a checking account with them, what's the lowest rate i'll get assuming 800+ score, from what i remember i have a 2.99 for my toyota and they offered a 0.5% drop if i opened a checking account and signed up for direct deposit. when i calculated my monthly payment of 2.49 with tesla vs 1.49 with dcu, it was a difference of $19 per month and a $1300 total interest difference.
I think current rates are 1.99% without checking and 1.50% with checking account and direct deposit to that checking account. As it's not an EV you will not get additional 0.25%

In addition to the link that Hangover shared, you can do it through your SA. Our SA was very helpful in setting up the test drive for us as we wanted to drive M3 and MY in both long range and performance. She did the scheduling for us and confirmed car availability. Tesla tries to default to just one 30 min appointment, which is not enough time if you want to compare models. We did 3 hours of test driving all back to back … and just completely fell hard for the MY performance.
Great! Thank you!!

Finally my Tesla arrived last week and had a perfect delivery 🎉🎉

Delivery experience:
After VIN assignment, got an email to schedule delivery within a day, there were no slots available for a week, called delivery team and they scheduled it right away. Also got a text the next day with different slot options, chose the earliest date and time. Meanwhile, I completed accepting terms, e-signing, paid balance. On the delivery day, couple of signatures for registration and that's it. I did inspect the vehicle later and found no issues :)

ECE365C3-3F5A-42EB-AA43-497903D7D216.jpeg

You guys are seriously awesome!! Got it all scheduled and I didn’t even have to call anyone!! 😍😍 thanks so much! I can’t wait!

Hey Folks, quick question...I received my VIN Monday and my EDD has been 8/19-8/25 since I am in NY and the car is being shipped cross country. Anyway, I had my agreements, etc. and then reached out to Tesla to update my financing from 3rd party to Tesla as long as they could rate match DCU at 1.24% for 72 months, which they did agree to same day (today). Anyway, once the update was made back to Tesla finance, my blue button is now gray again and I cannot open the MVPA but I do still show the VIN in my account along with the same EDD of 8/19-8/25. Anyone have experience with updating financing after you receive your VIN or having Tesla rate match? I am just assuming it takes like a day for them to update the new MVPA with the new terms and I will see that again tomorrow hopefully?

Truth is, in 2011 I had a financial advisor (from USAA) who told me where to invest my cadet loan money…and then I read the book “Millionaire Teacher” about how a school teacher became a millionaire through frugality and index funds by the age of 40. It blew my mind, and planted the seed. I discussed the topic with a couple of my econ professors, other cadets, and with a little more reading and research, came to some conclusions.

It made me realize that my USAA financial advisor was seriously ripping me off, as most financial advisors do. There’s an entire community of public service professionals (teachers, govt, first responders, etc.) and other modest income people who retire with multi-million dollar portfolios by stashing their Roth IRAs and TSPs (401k for federal employees) with continual contributions into low cost, widely diversified index funds. I’m glad I learned those lessons at age 20, and it’s one of the reasons why I’m in a financial position to buy a Tesla at age 30.

I understand why someone would avoid car debt, even at a greater opportunity cost. There’s great peace of mind of not having a car loan. I respect that. Just don’t justify your decision to do so by saying 5% to 10% annual return investments are hard to come by. Full disclosure, across my three Vanguard index funds I average 13.6% per year, from March 2012 to present. Their fund performance (and cost basis) is no secret, and open to everyone. My TSP has done marginally better, but that’s just for military and feds.
Yeah, that's what I was invoking when I said 8% - 10%; that's 'non-investing', that's just taking what the S&P freely gives over time. You can just buy the SPY, or the C Fund for government folks, and forget about it if 8% - 10% will get you where you need to go.

Reactions: PatrickTM
For my South Texas homies...I reported that yesterday I got my VIN. Today I called and spoke to a helpful gentleman and nailed down a delivery date/time of Monday, August 23rd at 3:00pm. I did not receive any email or text so just called and got it done. He said the car was scheduled to arrive on Sunday, the 22nd. I would hope and think that several of your cars will be on that same truck/train/boat/airplane, etc.

Here's hoping that timing sticks, or even better, that it arrives early and we can pick it up on Sunday. As it is the wife and I have to burn PTO to grab it.

Yeah for real!
My main reasoning of splurging for the Performance version was coming from a Ford Focus RS, which while not as fast as a MYP it always put a smile on my face. But now hopefully I'll have even more fun without compromising a slow CSUV 😂
Yea I couldn’t justify the cost between the LR and P. I will mainly use this as a daily driver and road trip which is the main reason i went with LR as the car is plenty fast enough as it is. I hear ya, based on what you mentioned you made the right choice with the P. Im still jealous that you'll get your car before me 🤨… All joking aside welcome and enjoy your short stay 😂.

Reactions: GoGators! and TESRP