Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just Tesla. All versions of the Mach E, the ID4, and the Ioniq 5. Nothing will qualify, except the Leaf and possibly the Bolt. Maybe the Rav 4 Prime (not sure about that). Also they want to limit to income less than $100 k (not sure if that's individual or married filing jointly).
I'm pretty sure it said family income. I doubt it would happen, but if it does Elon ought to just toss a Y out there for $40K. He could do it, cut as much cost as he can and then hold back some features and performance that you'd 'unlock' after purchase for a fee. Sell it for $40K with a range of 250 and zero to 60 in 6 seconds, and then after purchase 'unlock' 290 miles range and 0-60 in 5.5 seconds for $5,000, and 350 miles range and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds for another $5,000k. People would buy the car for $40K and then turn right around and use the $10K credit to unlock it back to current specs.

thank you to whoever dropped that delivery 888 number. i called them for S&G's and they said... "oh, its arriving early. you can pick it up on tuesday instead of wednesday."

if i did not follow this group... i would be paying more, waiting longer and lashing out to my therapist about tesla. thanks for the help all!
and there is enough road rage in the ATL area, we don't need anymore!

I have to be the one who asks...was there any aspect of your profile that was not completed until more recently or did you change anything at all about your order in that time? The wait starts once completed not when the order was placed and any changes could put you in the back of the line.
You know it's funny...I know this is true, and this is absolutely the case...but what "line"? With so many of us that ordered in late April/Early May still waiting, that never changed anything or did anything to adjust our orders, and lots of people with June and July orders with VINs already, I often wonder if there is even a "line" at all.

I'm confident if I just randomly change my order like picking a different color or something today that my wait would get a lot longer...but waiting over 3 months while others way behind me in "line" have come and gone, I really don't even think there is a "line" at all. But what do I know...rant complete.

It’s getting easier for me because I've reached the point where I believe I’m never getting this car 😂.
I've reached that point myself. Being 250 miles from Salt Lake City (my assumed delivery point - I've never seen confirmation) only adds to my angst. My EDD has slipped from 8/14-93 back to 8/15-9/4, not a big move but not encouraging. Until I get a VIN I have little confidence these dates are meaningful.

Reactions: allegedskeptic
Well, front date moved back to 8/14-9/2 today. It’s getting easier for me because I've reached the point where I believe I’m never getting this car 😂. I also wonder where the Tesla EDD gets this front date from. By my calculations there is no world in which I could get the car by 8/14, even if I got a VIN right now. Because of travel time, detailing, etc.
I know this mood. I hope we get ours within days.

I've reached that point myself. Being 250 miles from Salt Lake City (my assumed delivery point - I've never seen confirmation) only adds to my angst. My EDD has slipped from 8/14-93 back to 8/15-9/4, not a big move but not encouraging. Until I get a VIN I have little confidence these dates are meaningful.
Hello fellow Utahn - when was your order date if I can ask? What car specs?

Can only speak for myself as a cardio-phobic person who never stuck with a routine in my life... the Peloton has so many damn classes you never get bored. I mean one day it's music lover Denis who literally plays a Genesis song directly after a Shabba Ranks song then the next day it's Matt, the nerdy looking white guy curating an Atlanta hip hop themed endurance ride for Black History Month; then it's a much anticipated "two for one" with two instructors feeding off each other's energy or a live ride where Usain Bolt is literally riding at the same time. Or it's an entire ride dedicated to the Hamilton Sound Track or an older millennial in black eyeliner reliving her youth with a 2000s punk rock ride. And that's just rides - never mind the 10 minute back and chest workout that will have you noodle-armed for a week or the full body workout that doesn't require a single piece of equipment that will kick your butt.
See this makes me think she would like it. She likes to run, and wants to get more into that, but wants other forms of cardio she can just do. She doesn't like my workouts, I built out a home gym in the unfinished basement where I do weights and kickboxing on a heavy bag, but not her style at all, which is fine to each their own. But maybe I'll open the conversation back up, appreciate the feedback!

Reactions: PhillyGal
For anyone who got their rate matched from a DCU loan, did you apply for 72 months? My loan via Tesla Financing is 72 months, and seems like I can get 1.24 with DCU only if I chose the 65 month loan, will this discrepancy cause Tesla to reject the rate match? (Basically I am trying to avoid a hard credit check if there are going to be issues and if Tesla does not rate match)

I'm pretty sure it said family income. I doubt it would happen, but if it does Elon ought to just toss a Y out there for $40K. He could do it, cut as much cost as he can and then hold back some features and performance that you'd 'unlock' after purchase for a fee. Sell it for $40K with a range of 250 and zero to 60 in 6 seconds, and then after purchase 'unlock' 290 miles range and 0-60 in 5.5 seconds for $5,000, and 350 miles range and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds for another $5,000k. People would buy the car for $40K and then turn right around and use the $10K credit to unlock it back to current specs.
Do people still have to pay sales tax on these "features?"

For anyone who got their rate matched from a DCU loan, did you apply for 72 months? My loan via Tesla Financing is 72 months, and seems like I can get 1.24 with DCU only if I chose the 65 month loan, will this discrepancy cause Tesla to reject the rate match? (Basically I am trying to avoid a hard credit check if there are going to be issues and if Tesla does not rate match)
Someone posted yesterday that Telsa rate matched their 72 month loan with no questions or issues vs the DCU loan at the 65 month.

I'm considering doing a DCU rate match as the 1.24% is ridiculously low for a 72 month loan. I'm waiting until I have a VIN to decide and start the process.

Imagine if the local pizza place handled orders like Tesla. Jack orders a plain pizza at 5pm. Diane who lives in the development down the street orders pepperoni at 6pm.

At the pizza place they're making

mushroom 5:00 - 5:20
meat lovers 5:20 - 5:40
veggie 5:40 - 6:00
pepperoni 6:00 - 6:20
pineapple 6:20 - 6:30 (bc who really eats pineapple?)
plain 6:30 - 6:50

So pizza is done, now it's the delivery guy. He's leaving with pizzas to deliver Diane's development at 6:15. She's eating her pizza by 6:30. The delivery guy gets back to the pizza shop at 6:45, picks up more pizzas and heads to Jack's development. Jack gets his pizza at 7:00.

So Jack orders at 5, gets it at 7
Diane orders at 6, gets it at 6:30.

And we haven't even touched on the global mozzarella shortages causing even more delays!

Just a heads up for those of you that have set up your pick up date/time. I’m scheduled to pick up tomorrow 8/13. This morning I answered my cell with a caller ID that said possible spam. It was the Tesla automated system wanting me to verify my pick up. I wonder what would have happed if I didn’t answer and confirm ( by pressing 1). It’s been an interesting purchase process. I know COVID has changed a lot of things. But, Tesla must be so amazing that customers are willing to forgo any sort of customer service and minimal human interaction. I’m sure those feeling will subside once I’m behind the wheel. Sorry about my rant. Looking forward to picking my car up tomorrow!!