Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you out there who ordered the MY LR are now also ordering the performance for the quicker delivery date? If you did, are you keeping both reservations and seeing which one is delivered first and then cancelling the other?
I'm debating about placing an additional reservation for a Performance. Doing a test drive to compare to the LR this week to make my mind up. It won't be a price increase though, I currently have FSD on my LR, I'll drop that if I go to the Performance model.

Reactions: MBx4
some people here did that.. I'm keeping my LR and don't want to change to P or place a new P order. I will let my LR come in when it does. I need LR ASAP, but don't want to pay tesla any extra money for their inabilities.
I understand. I ordered my MY LR on 6/21. The EDD kept getting further and further and is now 9/7-9/28.
I had been going back and forth choosing between MY LR and MYP anyway, so I went ahead and ordered the MYP on 8/13. The EDD for the MYP now stands at 8/28-9/16.
I'm sure both EDD's will change, so we'll see!

I'm debating about placing an additional reservation for a Performance. Doing a test drive to compare to the LR this week to make my mind up. It won't be a price increase though, I currently have FSD on my LR, I'll drop that if I go to the Performance model.
Yeah, we were looking to get the acceleration boost anyway. Plus our MY LR order was when it was at $52,490. So we're "justifying" to ourselves that it's really only $5,500 more for performance. :)

How many of you out there who ordered the MY LR are now also ordering the performance for the quicker delivery date? If you did, are you keeping both reservations and seeing which one is delivered first and then cancelling the other?
I spoke to my SA about it, and he said don't cancel the one I don't want. He said to let him know which one I'm keeping and he'll get the other matched to an existing order.

Reactions: MBx4
I had a LR ( 6/12/21 ) then Ordered MYP ( 8/3/21 ) to see what I would get first, then cancel the other order. Got the MYP with in 3 weeks! ( crazy ) but I get that Tesla is doing to profit more, just like any other business would do. Only 6k more from the price on the MYLR that I ordered. Totally worth it for me. I need a car, I sold my truck in May and am taking delivery on the MYP Aug 27th. PPF and Tint scheduled on the 30th. If I could wait I would have waited for the LR but I could not, I do IT for a living so I travel a lot. Tried to get the MYLR back in 2019 but the wait time was so long back then I canceled.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
EDD keeps increasing my one day was August 21-22-23-24-24-25 etc now 29.
EDD 8/29 - 9/9
ordered July 15

anyone the same?
waiting on my vin so I can get the TPMS sensors! I was snubbed off at the service centre because I didn't have a vin

Don’t read much here, do you? LOL. Literally everyone on this forum has had this same EDD “one day” issue. HAHA