Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
General question: how long does Tesla loan financing approval stay in place before you have to update? Trying to keep from an additional credit pull. Was told 60 days which fit in the MYP delivery timeframe but can’t confirm on the website.

My wife ordered on 5/25 and got her financing in place via Tesla shortly after. Hidden coding in the source coding shows its good until 10/25, but I can’t find the coding again to save my life. Anyone know it?

I had a LR ( 6/12/21 ) then Ordered MYP ( 8/3/21 ) to see what I would get first, then cancel the other order. Got the MYP with in 3 weeks! ( crazy ) but I get that Tesla is doing to profit more, just like any other business would do. Only 6k more from the price on the MYLR that I ordered. Totally worth it for me. I need a car, I sold my truck in May and am taking delivery on the MYP Aug 27th. PPF and Tint scheduled on the 30th. If I could wait I would have waited for the LR but I could not, I do IT for a living so I travel a lot. Tried to get the MYLR back in 2019 but the wait time was so long back then I canceled.
I totally missed you getting a VIN on the MYP. Congrats!! I knew I should have put the P order on 8/3 instead of waiting a day. :)

Reactions: CSTARZZ and MBx4
There is definitely something going on, I assume the prioritization of the Performance, but maybe it's something else too. When I ordered a month ago the estimated date was October, now one month later it's slipped three months to January. I think maybe the supply issue is hitting them harder now than it was and they just can't maintain output. And then what they can produce is is disproportionately directed towards the P.

I think they are even prioritizing higher priced LR too. Mine is a White LR with Induction wheels, 7 seater, white leather, tow hitch ($7k) in addons. I am showing 10/22 - 11/11 EDD and it looks like you should be ahead of me if your profile was completed near your order date.

2021 Model Y​

Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Less than 50 mile odometer
Los Angeles

$62,990​

$893 /mo
$4,500 down72 mo2.49% APR
No Est. Transport Fee
    • Solid Black Paint
    • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
    • Black and White Premium Interior
    • Performance Upgrade
    • Five Seat Interior

at 5:08pm EST the stars aligned and the grey button magically transformed into a blue button. Clicking the button on this quest resulted in a VIN!!! 249xxx

I will keep you all posted about delivery which changed to 8/26-9/1 go #teamblack
Nice! Congrats 🍾

Please ask when youre there what they're expecting the rest of the quarter! (Or just ask about mine 😉)

Last edited:
at 5:08pm EST the stars aligned and the grey button magically transformed into a blue button. Clicking the button on this quest resulted in a VIN!!! 249xxx

I will keep you all posted about delivery which changed to 8/26-9/1 go #teamblack
Congrats!!! Glad to see another NC delivery on the way. Hope mine is soon to follow.

Congratulations, you must be relieved after the long wait.
I got my VIN 239xxx on 8/1, which is 14 days ago. Given your VIN, does that mean they made 10,000 MYs in 2 weeks time in Cali?
Not sure if they run the plant 7 days a week, but that works out to an average of 714 MYs daily.
Anyone know the real story on their daily numbers?

Reactions: TESRP and MBx4
Congratulations, you must be relieved after the long wait.
I got my VIN 239xxx on 8/1, which is 14 days ago. Given your VIN, does that mean they made 10,000 MYs in 2 weeks time in Cali?
Not sure if they run the plant 7 days a week, but that works out to an average of 714 MYs daily.
Anyone know the real story on their daily numbers?
I think someone said that they make a car every 2.38 seconds or something haha No one would really know right?