Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has the same pattern, only the front moves one day more ( to today +2 ) each morning. So 8/19-9/5 for today, probably 8/20 tomorrow.
So once this gets under 10 days, that is the time to be hopeful? Or should I say, be prepared for soul-crushing disappointment?
I can safely say at this point that I have no idea what anything means. I doubt the EDD ever means anything at all. However, since you ordered a MYP I think you can expect your VIN any day now. Just based on the delivery times we've seen in the forum thus far.

recommend forgetting about this forum until november/ december or your going to drive yourself crazy following EDD's every day.
DiligentGreatFinch-size_restricted.gif

I saw someone ask this about 20 pages back but I don't believe anyone answered, so I will post again as I had the same question.

If we order PPF and/or Mud Flaps, can they be installed during delivery, or does a separate service appointment need to be made afterwards like with Homelink?

I'd like to get these for my wife as winters in Philly with all that road salt makes me think these items are pretty necessary, but I'm really bad at even putting those iPhone screen protectors on, so not going to attempt the PPF myself...

Reactions: TESRP
I saw someone ask this about 20 pages back but I don't believe anyone answered, so I will post again as I had the same question.

If we order PPF and/or Mud Flaps, can they be installed during delivery, or does a separate service appointment need to be made afterwards like with Homelink?

I'd like to get these for my wife as winters in Philly with all that road salt makes me think these items are pretty necessary, but I'm really bad at even putting those iPhone screen protectors on, so not going to attempt the PPF myself...
They will require an appointment. The mudflats can be done by you in about 5 minutes. The PPF will take a little more, but you are going to have more on your list that will need to be fixed...keep a list and they will do them all in one appointment.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
So my parents are thinking of getting the LR Y, I have one on order (ordered 8/6 I think, EDD is Dec/Jan). Is the Performance worth the shorter wait? I was thinking of giving my parents the LR order I have in queue and getting a P. My trade in value has dropped almost $2k+ in last 2-3 months, I don't want to lose out more (especially if the chip shortage ends).

They will require an appointment. The mudflats can be done by you in about 5 minutes. The PPF will take a little more, but you are going to have more on your list that will need to be fixed...keep a list and they will do them all in one appointment.
Thanks! I'll already need an appointment for Homelink to be installed, so I wonder if they can just do them all at the same time. In a related question, do I need to order PPF/Flaps ahead of time and bring them, or does the SC just have them on hand to install? I'm guessing I need to order ahead of time, but wanted to double check.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So my parents are thinking of getting the LR Y, I have one on order (ordered 8/6 I think, EDD is Dec/Jan). Is the Performance worth the shorter wait? I was thinking of giving my parents the LR order I have in queue and getting a P. My trade in value has dropped almost $2k+ in last 2-3 months, I don't want to lose out more (especially if the chip shortage ends).
i picked up my performance today.... i dont have the LR to give a thorough comparison (though i have driven 2 in the past for less than an hour). i am VERY happy with the timeline and the overall look and aggressiveness (when wanted) of the performance. add to the fact its not 10k more since the LR has been creeping up in price. end of the day, your call. #MYP

Thats a $7k question you need to answer... I test drove both. Couldn't not smile every time I put it to the floor in the MYP. That said, I thought the MYLR had plenty of get up and go coming from the sports sedan I currently have.

The ride quality difference was significant. I actually preferred the sport set-up in the MYP but *ahem* somebody else in the family didn't like it, a lot.

Chip shortage will take some time still to unwind but all market indicators are currently that used car values are peaking/just apexed. My trade-in has essentially been driven to the ground so I am not worried about losing a whole heck of a lot.

ETA: There are plenty in both camps on this forum. I have met plenty that are suffering along with me through the meaningless yet oh so influential to my mood EDDs for months. I have decided it is my own interest to stick with the MYLR, and I respect the decision/demands of those that elected to switch to the MYP for sake of timliness.

Last edited:
Thats a $7k question you need to answer... I test drove both. Couldn't not smile every time I put it to the floor in the MYP. That said, I thought the MYLR had plenty of get up and go coming from the sports sedan I currently have.

The ride quality difference was significant. I actually preferred the sport set-up in the MYP but *ahem* somebody else in the family didn't like it, a lot.

Chip shortage will take some time still to unwind but all market indicators are currently that used car values are peaking/just apexed. My trade-in has essentially been driven to the ground so I am not worried about losing a whole heck of a lot.

Mind explaining the ride quality difference a bit more? Harsher, bumpier, more vibration? Have had my finger on the MYP order button a few times now but very concerned about the ride quality, especially for long road trips.

Reactions: TESRP
Mine has the same pattern, only the front moves one day more ( to today +2 ) each morning. So 8/19-9/5 for today, probably 8/20 tomorrow.
So once this gets under 10 days, that is the time to be hopeful? Or should I say, be prepared for soul-crushing disappointment?
Mine is a similar pattern. It has been today +2 days for the last two weeks. I wonder if this is how it is preparing/indicating for the West Coast orders to get filled at the end of Q3. I’ve noticed several Eastern half of US May orders are getting filled and the trend is working westward. Texas. Utah. Hopefully California soon.

Thanks! I'll already need an appointment for Homelink to be installed, so I wonder if they can just do them all at the same time. In a related question, do I need to order PPF/Flaps ahead of time and bring them, or does the SC just have them on hand to install? I'm guessing I need to order ahead of time, but wanted to double check.
I would pile as much on your appointment as they will let you. I had 6 items on my ticket. First to the mudflaps...I would not order the Tesla set. First off, they are twice as much as a better set (https://amzn.to/3fYO9QN) on Amazon and with Tesla you only get 2 for that price. The ones in the link I showed are way better and you can put them on the car in about 10 minutes.

As to the PPF...I would leave that to a professional shop. If you are only going to do the PPF on the rear door in front of the rear wheel it won't be that expensive. I think my shop where I am getting mine done is about $70. I would not have Tesla SC do either the mud flaps or the PPF.

Mind explaining the ride quality difference a bit more? Harsher, bumpier, more vibration? Have had my finger on the MYP order button a few times now but very concerned about the ride quality, especially for long road trips.
It sits lower and the suspension is sport tuned. The low-profile tires mean you feel the road quite a bit more. There isn't a whole lot of body roll in the MYLR but it is dang near nil in the MYP.

So to directly answer your question with your options: A bit harsher, vibration was relatively unchanged, you will feel the bumps more.

It wasn't jarring or anything, just not for everyone. My wife hadn't eaten before we tested the MYP and caused a bit of motion sickness compared to the MYLR.

ETA: There are plenty in both camps on this forum. I have met plenty that are suffering along with me through the meaningless yet oh so influential to my mood EDDs for months. I have decided it is my own interest to stick with the MYLR, and I respect the decision/demands of those that elected to switch to the MYP for sake of timliness.
I test drove the Long Range and bought the Performance. I do not think that the ride is bad...I have definitely had worse rides...even in newer luxury vehicles.

Reactions: MBx4 and PatrickTM
It sits lower and the suspension is sport tuned. The low-profile tires mean you feel the road quite a bit more. There isn't a whole lot of body roll in the MYLR but it is dang near nil in the MYP.

So to directly answer your question with your options: A bit harsher, vibration was relatively unchanged, you will feel the bumps more.

It wasn't jarring or anything, just not for everyone. My wife hadn't eaten before we tested the MYP and caused a bit of motion sickness compared to the MYLR.
Was her motion sickness because of the bumps...or the amount of times you stood on the accelerator?!?!? :)