Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I see some people get the VIN thru email and the blue bottom is activated, some others get the email and blue bottom doesn't activate for a couple of days and some others get no email but the blue bottom activate and they get the VIN when they click on the bottom.
This is f..... nuts..!!!

Reactions: MMurrayGA
I found out this weekend that the cars don’t leave directly from the factory!
They go from the Factory to San Pablo, and that’s when they are distributed.
So all the platform trucks we see in the fly over vids, and just taking them to San Pablo.
There is where they will either take a train or a truck to their locations.
I feel like for their sanity and yours, they shouldve put one of thsoe apple tracking things in your car so you could follow it lol

They don’t have to, the car has satellite tracking GPS, but it would be a great idea of Tesla showed a Map when it ships, so ppl can track it, instead of calling.
For safety and security reasons, I can see why Tesla would not want people to "live track" their trucks with half a million dollars worth of cars on them. Also the way logistics works is also corporate competition sensitive, since you don't want your competitors to track how your logistics network is laid out.

That being said, they should let people get periodic updates, similar to package track with UPS or USPS. Just once a day (or once every other day) update on the progress of the car. Pretty much anything is better than making the customer call. That just seems very 1995 way of doing business.

i'm debating a lot.. so any other benefits?
People say fingerprints, but that has not been the case for me. It gets just as many fingerprints as the bare screen or a glossy screen protector. I just wipe it off with the microfiber cloth I keep in the center console for my sunglasses. But truly - when you are sitting somewhere charging or waiting, or just driving and the sun is at the right angle shooting in at the screen, the glare is terrible, The anti-glare screen protector helps in that situation a ton and is worth it. I would just go for a while without one to see what you think, and if you notice the glare is annoying enough go for the anti-glare protector and see what you think.

The negative I would say is it does make the screen a little less sharp, but obviously you stop noticing that 5 minutes after you put it on and unless you were looking at it side-by-side with another one without the screen you won't notice.

And the Lord Elon hath assigned!

WOKE UP TO AN EMAIL AND A VIN THIS MORNING!
VIN 254XXX
NEW EDD: 823/-8/28
EDD right before: It had been 8/21-9/3 all last week but on Sunday it switch to October

Its happeninggggg!!!
Great to see some MSMs getting some love this morning. It gives me hope. :)

Congrats to both of you!!!!!

With a June 5th order date, I just wish there was some rhyme or reason to how delivery dates get calculated. For example, is the issue my config? Outside of switching to a MYP (which I don’t want) is there a change to my order that would speed up the process? The chip shortage is definitely a factor in the delays but a 10/11 - 10/31 EDD doesn’t make sense. This experience has definitely taken some of the luster off the Tesla shine for me. We have a 2021 M3LR lease. When it’s up my first move won’t necessarily be to get another Tesla. I’m excited to see what other EVs are available in the coming months. Needing to work with the car dealership doesn’t feel like a “deal breaker” any more.
I posted my conversation with an SA in Charlotte over the weekend a few pages back, and she confirmed I have one of the rarest combinations which is likely causing my delays.

But - I do wish Tesla would let you pick multiple options when ordering. I think it has been said on here before, but when ordering, I should be able to say this is my ideal build in my ideal pickup location. But I am also good with this color and these wheels, and am willing to pick up at these 3 locations. Whichever combination can be delivered first, I'll take it or if I decide not to, I'll pass and it can be assigned to the next person.