Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, Just got of the phone with my SA ( planned DD this Friday ) make sure we are aligned. He told me the Car is at the Alabama hub ( second leg of its travel ) From there it will be transported to NC when the Logistic team plans it out, he said. He also said that Alabama hub hosts 1000s of cars for the Southeastern region ( interesting ) Its getting close and am getting nervous :).

Made it all the way to Mt. Kisco for my delivery only to find out that my car has a paint chip in the rear bumper.

Unfortunately I have to take delivery as I have no way home to Rochester and don’t want to have to come all the way back.

They are telling me it will take up to 2 weeks yo get the bumper into my local service center to have it out on which also screws up my plans for ceramic and PPF next week. Not to mention I’m nervous the paint won’t match my white exactly.

Such a happy day turned south. :(
I have a red M3LR (wth a MYLR on order). I was in a minor accident on the highway a few months ago -- An accident happened in front of me, I stopped short, the car behind me didn't. The only damage was to my rear bumber cover. I got the body shop (a shop both Tesla-certified and insurance company-approved) to replace the bumper cover. They got it, painted it and put it on. It matched perfectly. I wouldn't worry about the paint matching.

Edit: As to your larger defect on the right: Can you insist that they replace the bumper cover, rather than just patching it? I was able to get the body shop to insist on a bumper cover replacement rather than a patch. My guess is that even with a patch, they would likely repaint the entire bumper cover, but you should confirm.

Last edited:
Made it all the way to Mt. Kisco for my delivery only to find out that my car has a paint chip in the front bumper.

Unfortunately I have to take delivery as I have no way home to Rochester and don’t want to have to come all the way back.

They are telling me it will take up to 2 weeks to get the bumper into my local service center to have it out on which also screws up my plans for ceramic and PPF next week. Not to mention I’m nervous the paint won’t match my white exactly.

Such a happy day turned south. :(
Wow, when you said paint chip, in my mind it looked much more mild than what the photo shows. The first photo looks like a paint chip but the close-up photo looks like it's almost a dent! Something went through the clear coat, paint, and possibly even the primer layer. I'd say the left chip is easily fixable, but the right chip might need the whole bumper repainted. That'll be really hard to touch up. Maybe some paint nerds or people with professional detailing experience can chime in here. Whatever happens, don't let Tesla half-ass it.

Some PPF shops can do paint touch ups and paint corrections. I was going to suggest that and pay out of pocket as to not delay your PPF appt. But now I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think I'd want the bumper entirely repainted.

Some average people, especially the elderly can also be misled. Had an elderly friend buy an ID4 recently. Asked him why he didn't buy a Tesla. He said his son did all the research and recommended the ID4 to satisfy their requirements:

1. They wanted an SUV. They were told Model X is the only SUV Tesla has and it's too expensive for them.
2. They were told all other Tesla cars are smaller than the ID4. Reality check: Model Y is bigger in every dimension, except 0.5 inch shorter.

Because of these reasons, they bought a brand new ID4. Today I heard them say that it takes 1.5 hours for them to charge at a high capacity outside charger (not sure where they charged, exactly), and they are dreading a 3-hour waste of time to charge twice on a 300+ mile (one-way!) road trip they would like to take! (Second charge to make sure they have sufficient charge when they reach the destination).

I felt sad that they were misled. Their son is a well-educated, white collar professional guy in his 30s. Pretty sure he knew about Teslas and the Model Y. Don't know why he got his parents to go for an ID4 with all the attendant hassles. (And, don't know why they didn't check with me once before making the final decision!).
The ID4 was the draw for me into the EV world. But after some research - very, very quick research, that is - it was abundantly clear to me that its limitations were a total dealbreaker.

Zero regrets buying the MY. For us, it’s our only vehicle and meant to be a family vehicle. We’ll put great care into it because it wasn’t cheap, but I’m not the meticulous guy that some others are. To each their own. I was an auto claim adjuster for 17 years - the amount of pointless fine-tooth-combing I saw over the years was enough to turn me off of that mentality (trust me, it was meaningless in the big picture of vehicle valuations and market values and such…much more irrelevant than one might think).

But I’m in for the long haul so I’ll do my due diligence!

When I placed my order, it gave me the choice of delivery at Tampa or Orlando. (I selected Tampa, which I believe is 10 minutes from the airport.)
We will keep the car in Sarasota. It seems like Tesla just has a showroom in Sarasota, which is not labeled a "car dealer" for "In-store pickup" in Google maps. Does anyone know if they do deliveries at the Sarasota showroom?

Also, we don't have a SA. I chatted online with Tesla. The Tesla rep said they couldn't tell me who my SA is, but that they would let them know to call me. I haven't received a call yet. How can I get a SA contact?
We test drove a MY in IL, so had contact witha Tesla rep at the IL store.

One last question: Does Tesla arrange deliveries on Sundays?

Reactions: PatrickTM
If you want to the slightly faster charge speed, cool looks, some extra features, and ability to keep the UMC cable in your car all the time, then get the wall *connector*. But get it quick! Because that damn thing is always sold out and you'll most likely have your car for a month or more before you can get it installed.

Great advice, the Wall Connector was the only accessory I ordered before getting a VIN, and if I had waited it would have been out of stock when I needed it. So if you know you want it, get it ASAP. If plans change they sell very easily due to that same scarcity.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I have a couple thoughts here:

1. Can't take your NEMA outlet with you, so it is a sunk cost. I can take my WC with me, so only installation is sunk (this makes it sting a little less)
2. WC can manage multiple cars charging down the line
3. I am a worrier/preparer, and have a second baby on the way. A couple extra mph helps set my mind at ease. Will I need that extra 3 miles to make it to the hospital for delivery or to rush a kid to the ER? Probably not, but who knows!

Despite the priority I listed these in, it's mostly #3 for me.
For one car I would do the NEMA outlet.

I had the NEMA to charge the model S, but when I added the Y I decided to replace the NEMA for the WC and add the second WC. I have only a 50A breaker that can be used for charging both cars, so the two WC can manage the load. If I wanted to add a second NEMA. I would need to upgrade the line that feeds my garage at a considerable expense. If that is not the case, then two NEMAs work ok.
The two WCs work very well together and manage the load very well. If I need to charge a car faster, I simply stop the charge in the other one and provide 100% charge to the one in need.
The added benefit is that now I do not need to remember to take the cable with me. It is always in the car.

I have a couple thoughts here:

1. Can't take your NEMA outlet with you, so it is a sunk cost. I can take my WC with me, so only installation is sunk (this makes it sting a little less)
2. WC can manage multiple cars charging down the line
3. I am a worrier/preparer, and have a second baby on the way. A couple extra mph helps set my mind at ease. Will I need that extra 3 miles to make it to the hospital for delivery or to rush a kid to the ER? Probably not, but who knows!

Despite the priority I listed these in, it's mostly #3 for me.

The NEMA receptacle & box itself is < $50 once the wiring is ran to the location. My plan is run the electric to a NEMA receptacle and then if we get another Tesla, look into the WC to charge both. Having the NEMA also means that a non Tesla EV would be more compatible.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
@GoGators! Ordered on 8May21. I would absolutely NOT edit the order in any way this close to a VIN. This would increase update his price to current pricing and play Russian Roulette with possibly being sent to the back of the line.
Oh I definitely am not changing my order...I just meant I wish I would have known up front how much this could have potentially delayed my order and I may have considered another option. But yeah - I'm not doing anything to my order at this point...

wohoo! big boost. EDD moved quite a bit -34/-41 days

from Oct 21 - Nov 10
to
Sep 17 - Sep 30th

Seems like got pushed into EOQ batch. Hope dates will stick.

Also more evidence that East Coast deliveries will be sacrificed for West coast so EOQ numbers can look better as more units can be delivered with less transport. An EDD shifting a month earlier has me expecting my 6/21 order date EDD to shift to October.

Also more evidence that East Coast deliveries will be sacrificed for West coast so EOQ numbers can look better as more units can be delivered with less transport. An EDD shifting a month earlier has me expecting my 6/21 order date EDD to shift to October.
Only if those dates stick though, with Tesla's history we never know. OR it could be 7 seater batches are slotted during that window timeframe. Lets see.

For one car I would do the NEMA outlet.

I had the NEMA to charge the model S, but when I added the Y I decided to replace the NEMA for the WC and add the second WC. I have only a 50A breaker that can be used for charging both cars, so the two WC can manage the load. If I wanted to add a second NEMA. I would need to upgrade the line that feeds my garage at a considerable expense. If that is not the case, then two NEMAs work ok.
The two WCs work very well together and manage the load very well. If I need to charge a car faster, I simply stop the charge in the other one and provide 100% charge to the one in need.
The added benefit is that now I do not need to remember to take the cable with me. It is always in the car.

So far I plan to have a NEMA outlet installed and buy a Juicebox 40. You don't get the native Tesla plug, and the plug version is capped at 40A charging (though they sell a 48A hard-wired) but apparently our local electric utility is about to roll out discounted EV charging rates for off peak and in order to qualify I'd need one that allows the electric company to interact with it. I don't think Tesla's charger can do this yet (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also the Juicebox has the same feature as the Wall Connector where you can balance the load between multiple chargers, which is pretty cool if we end up getting a second EV down the line - especially if that isn't a Tesla.

Reactions: TESRP and TheRock23
New to this forum, been stalking mostly. Now i have some things to report.
Order Date w/ electronically accepted terms 6/15/21
EDD 9/6 - 9/9; this the shortest delivery window i have seen
Vin# assigned today ending #54143
MYLR black and black with no extras

Questions...is this Vin for an older car? I saw some people say this vin might be from someone's reject?
Agreements...this button is still greyed out; will this change soon?
Wall Charger...should i order this now while waiting for the car?

Any other suggestions or advice from anyone out here? I feel so clueless and out of my element. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thx!!!
The VIN is for a new build. The agreement button will be available 24 hours prior to delivery, then final payment, which I will do with certified check instead of electronically.
Wall charger? can't help you there as I already had one installed at home for my wife's EV.

1629734787152.png

The NEMA receptacle & box itself is < $50 once the wiring is ran to the location. My plan is run the electric to a NEMA receptacle and then if we get another Tesla, look into the WC to charge both. Having the NEMA also means that a non Tesla EV would be more compatible.
Awesome! Sounds like a good plan. The only caveat for Tesla Wall Connector is that it is compatible with and will charge all EVs, just need a Tesla to J1772 adapter.

Reactions: MBx4
I just realized that car we drove was a 228 VIN. That seems pretty “old” given that VINs being assigned now are in the 254s. I wonder what was going on with it that took so long for it to be delivered. It was a MYLR5, MSM, white interior, no tow, no fsd. I can’t remember what wheels.
Maybe it’s going to the store to be a test drive vehicle? I noticed the Y on display at my local store has changed from Red / White to MSM white. 🤷‍♀️