Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long will a dealer hold your delivery for pick up? I will be out of the country on the early part of my EDD. Have received a vin but wanting to get others insights.
technically 3 days, but they might work with you if you if you let them know your situation and be responsive and so on. best would be if you could go and talk in person. But again you never know

@Where’s my car My EDD returned to “normal” this morning. Aug 25 to Sept 11.
That’s good, well I think? 🤔 Don’t know how you are able to stay so calm?! I’m going nuts!!! 98 days since profile completion and 142 days since I placed my order. Going on 15 weeks soon and EDD Aug 26 - September 15. I have been as close as a 10 day frame before, yet still no VIN. Will I ever receive delivery?!

That’s good, well I think? 🤔 Don’t know how you are able to stay so calm?! I’m going nuts!!! 98 days since profile completion and 142 days since I placed my order. Going on 15 weeks soon and EDD Aug 26 - September 15. I have been as close as a 10 day frame before, yet still no VIN. Will I ever receive delivery?!
I hope you get the Vin any day now!

Calm? Just in public. 🤪

This is just out of our control. The staff at our local Tesla dealership don't know much more than we do. The decision as to who gets delivery is all done by computer algorithms based on the availability of parts and location. I predict we will soon see a crush of CA deliveries, because that's what Testa does. Saves the best for last!

Yeah but it should skip inventory and just get re-matched to the next outstanding order in the queue has matches the specs. It seems like that would cut down on the backlog as inventory buying is basically like skipping the line.

It does skip, kind of. It gets put back into “inventory” and immediately reassigned. I just went through buying a Model Y LR on Friday that was taken away from me and reassigned to another waiting order. Crazy, right?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Calm? Just in public. 🤪

This is just out of our control. The staff at our local Tesla dealership don't know much more than we do. The decision as to who gets delivery is all done by computer algorithms based on the availability of parts and location. I predict we will soon see a crush of CA deliveries, because that's what Testa does. Saves the best for last!
I love your positivity! LOL 😝 Saving the Best for last, that’s right!😂 Were talking about the last of the quarter right?!!!!

Really confused with this. My order that was placed earlier than both of yours gets pushed out and yours get pushed it… Makes no total sense. Im also in California.
No
Same for me.

Order date 6/9 MYLR7 MSM Black No tow, for the past few weeks EDD has held steady at 9/8-9/28 except for a one day change to 9/9-9/29 early last week.

I am in NYC so I am not overly optimistic I will actually get delivery this quarter.
im counting on the 5/31 MYLR MSM Black 5 to Mt Kisco getting a cute little VIN soon. My Tesla car charger is ready to go in my garage. My EDD is holding at 9/6 - 26.

Reactions: Spelly88
So I guess there is no way to pre-purchase acceleration boost? Part of me wants the Performance model, but I just can't reconcile that it makes sense to pay $5k more (if you already upgraded to the 20" wheels) for something with wheels I don't want and a little less range, but splitting the difference on the 0-60 times would be kind of nice I have to admit.

Reactions: dwh13
Wow has this thread grown. Received my Model Y and I must admit it is a blast. I much enjoy driving it. It is a lot quicker and much more nimble than my RX350 and generally more fun to drive too.

The fit and finish on mine was flawless inside and out no glaring panel gaps or misaligned panels. My only gripe is that the steering wheel is off center. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly by a wheel alignment next week.

For those waiting…..I waited nearly 3 full months….it is worth it.
Super drool 🤤. Congratulations 🎈🎉🍾

Reactions: Mixman