Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How close has someone got to their edd without a VIN?

My edd is 9/3-9/18 and I’m checking my account more everyday expecting a vin because of how close I’m getting to the date without it changing everyday like normal. I mean the 3rd is 10 days away. I feel like I should have a vin right now to be honest.
Yesterday, my EDD was 8/23 to 9/5. I was in my EDD range and still have no VIN!! 😭
Today my EDD changed to August 27 - September 11.

Ahhh, a practical mind among the bunch of impulsive souls in this forum. Thanks! Lol
I have two friends who have ordered Plaid Model S recently; 1 that ordered a Model S LR; and 1 is definitely getting a Plaid but he's unsure when. These guys definitely know and love Teslas and have owned them for years. My caution is for those among us who originally wanted a LR, and/or haven't had a Tesla before - we are the ones who should consider that the LR is truly remarkable and plenty fast. Driving that is, not delivery :p
@PhillyGal

absolutely nothing against this, but why are you advertising your youtube when you aren’t active on it anymore? No hate I’m just asking. I subscribed lol. Trying to get into YouTube myself so I looked you up when I saw it in the signature.
I don't intend to advertise it, but I like to keep it in my signature because after 7ish years in the game, lots of folks know me as PhillyGal while others know me as Electric Jen. I'll also share a link of an old video if it's relevant to a conversation but I don't advertise the channel on purpose.

Send me a DM and I'll happily share my opinions on getting into the space but please be aware that you get what you pay for with my free advice, lol. I'm the gal who had a chance to make DOZENS, if not HUNDREDS of dollars but never chose to monetize. I think I clicked on ads for maybe one video once to see how it worked.

I looked up the 0-60 times of the LR compared to my current cars to see how much of an improvement I’d feel while I’ve debated switching to a P. My Subaru is probably around 7.5 seconds so the LR is plenty.

I also reminded myself that part of the reason I waited this long to order in the first place was a late year delivery lined up with our financials best…stick to the plan!
Ha. My current car is just under 10 seconds. LR is definitely a huge upgrade :cool:

Reactions: SpaceShipDrvr
I agree. The last 3 articles in the New York Times about Tesla are:
  • Tesla Sells ‘Full Self-Driving,’ but What Is It Really?
  • U.S. Will Investigate Tesla’s Autopilot System Over Crashes With Emergency Vehicles
  • ‘It Happened So Fast’: Inside a Fatal Tesla Autopilot Accident
I don't understand all the Tesla hate.
The fossil fuel industry is doing everything it can to slow the adoption of EV technology and the increased saturation of EVs in the market. That Koch Bros money runs the country, boo.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid

My edd is 9/3-9/18 and I’m checking my account more everyday expecting a vin because of how close I’m getting to the date without it changing everyday like normal. I mean the 3rd is 10 days away. I feel like I should have a vin right now to be honest.
Mine’s not super close (9/5 - 925), but my husband’s M3LR is 8/24 - 9/14 with no VIN.

My EDD is at 9/4 - 9/19. Has sat there for a few days on a 6/21 order. SA told me in early August I was looking at a mid to late September delivery. I'm still planning on that, which would put me at the end of my current EDD range. If correct, I'm expecting a VIN sometime next week

Can someone point me in right direction to get aftermarket wheels and winter tires for MYP? Will tesla SC mount it for me or do i need to go to 3rd party tire shops to do that? Thanks
Not sure about Tesla SC but if you do go to a 3rd party it might be wise to get a set of 4 jack pucks so they don't try lifting and damaging the battery pack.